ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 39 Released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_39

So I'm pretty sure Ucchii didn't get a single line in this episode besides his attack. Lame.

I like the jealous angle they're going for with Yayoi here but did they have to do it by making her stay behind to bandage up Amy? Torin wasn't anywhere in that scene, why didn't he do it? And don't tell me it's because he was beating up bad guys with Tessai and Ramirez, you know they defeated all 1000 of those soldiers in like 5 minutes and spent the rest of the time drinking tea or something.

Overall this felt kinda weak, especially considering all the stock footage and the DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN THAT'S A LONG ROLLCALL MAYBE I SHOULD GO OFF AND MAKE DINNER AND THEN COME BACK AND MAYBE THEY'LL BE DONE. Also, this episode is going to be really confusing for anyone who hasn't seen the Gaburincho of Music movie. Which is most of you. Kinda silly to have them do the tie-in episode when the dvd hasn't been released yet? Maybe they should have aired this next week.

Next week:
Spoiler
Obligatory marriage episode that doesn't involve the girl?! I may die of shock.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kyouryuuger 39 Released

Post by takenoko »

Last weeks was Tessai's episode. Surely this one is about Ramirez? Nope, he just let the hippy waves flow over him and he was fine.

So yeah, movie plug-in episode. It was fine for what it was. I don't think it was very spoilery, although the movie is coming out in just five days. Probably would have worked just as well if it came out next week instead of this one.

Wow, we're almost at episode 40. I have to say that I'm going to miss Kyouryuugers. It really surpassed my expectations, and was a fun show in general to work on.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I like this episode... a little bit. It's about Meeko/Mikoto and Daigo, and 10 Kyouryuugers assembled.
takenoko wrote:So yeah, movie plug-in episode. It was fine for what it was. I don't think it was very spoilery, although the movie is coming out in just five days. Probably would have worked just as well if it came out next week instead of this one.
I agree. It's about three days before the release.

Next episode...
Spoiler
OMG! Nossan is with Candelira?!

Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Oh, Tessai and Ramirez danced during the henshin too.

Lol Ian didn't take his Gaburevolver when leaving the Spirit Base

I wonder did Yayoi shoot the roses because she saw the sword, or she simply didn't want King to get the roses :P

I wasn't too excited by this episode which shouldn't be because all 10 gathered together for the first time. I think it my be because it doesn't flow very well. They just jump from one scene to another without any real transition. Like the jump from the mall airport the the underground car park I can take, but going from within the broadcast building straight to the usual large dirt ground is a bit much. Torin and co. also disappeared for a whole episode only to randomly appeared at the end.

That postcard photo is so photoshoped
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Yaiba wrote:...but going from within the broadcast building straight to the usual large dirt ground is a bit much.
I don't disagree, but with a full CM break in between, it probably wasn't quite as noticeable for the kids watching live.

I liked the episode. Both D and Meeko were fun characters, so I'm pretty excited to see the movie when it releases in a few days. (Which was probably the point of having the episode the week before the sale date of the DVD/Blu-ray.)

One groan-worthy note: because I hadn't seen the movie I didn’t pick up on this back when the promos were airing, but I can't believe they really named a priestess (miko) Mikoto/Meeko. Even for sentai, that naming is almost too literal.

The team gathering and the full roll call was just as impressive as it needed to be. The battle afterwards was a bit over the top for my tastes. During each person's spotlight battle, I think they were all hooked up to the wires except Cyan.

It’s probably a little inappropriate, but I giggle every time I watch the clip where Daigo gets blasted away after he starts singing in the mindscape where Mikoto is trapped in the dome. They've conditioned the audience (even those who haven't seen the movie yet) that singing the prayer song powers up the heroes, and instead Daigo gets smacked down.

And I almost forgot, but I thought Amy and Yayoi's scenes were pretty funny. It makes for interesting television with the way they have them be so oblivious about some things, but extremely insightful about others.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Was I watching a VS with that rollcall but no? Kyouryuuger can be their own VS series now with their roster. With this rollcall, Toei decided to update the OP with Torin being KyouryuuSilver along Bragigas and his combinations. Toei likes to do the minimum with their OP changes for sure.

If you want bad editing, older Sentai would have the team getting their ass kicked by the enemy and suddenly they are back at the base without any explanation of how they escape.

Yayoi was even surprised that Meeko was under enemy controlled. She totally shot those roses out of jealousy. She is a sly one for sure.

Ucchii did have a line at the beginning of the episode.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

takenoko wrote:Wow, we're almost at episode 40. I have to say that I'm going to miss Kyouryuugers. It really surpassed my expectations, and was a fun show in general to work on.
Which reminds me. It seems Toei decided next Super Sentai a couple of weeks ago but other than name and theme nothing much I cuold find out and since I couldn't find a mention of it in here I wonder if it is true or not.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Man this episode did not disappoint!

Loved the roll call of all 10 rangers, but I SO loves Yaoi-Chan in this episode. She's so damn devious with her schemes it makes her so gosh darn adorable!

Next Episode:
Spoiler
Incoming shippers in three......two........one......
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

The movie references are definitely the least interesting part of this episode. Lots of cool un-transformed fighting scenes, a ten man henshin, girls being cute in general.

The preview from the previous episode really made it look like they were going to make Amy jealous like Yayoi was, and I'm really glad she was kind of clueless instead.

Too bad it looks like we won't get the Ramirez episode some of us were pulling for after the Tessai episode. No spotlight for him, and no spotlight for Ian either, who I'm pretty sure hasn't done anything meaningful for a while now except fart on some bad guys in 38.

Spoiler
Are we gonna see Candelira be given the same treatment Luckyuro just got? Will they both turn? Die?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I'm hoping they'll use Tobaspino more. With him, they're be able to have all ZyudenRyuu in robot form.

It's funny that each Dino Sentai got an Evil Ranger.

Preview
Spoiler
They're both Joy based, so I guess they'll try to turn them. I was expecting Candelira to become Torin's wife, but either way, Nossan seem unlucky in love, so I won't complain. We'll just see who it turn out next week.
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

Lunagel wrote:

Overall this felt kinda weak, especially considering all the stock footage and the DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN THAT'S A LONG ROLLCALL MAYBE I SHOULD GO OFF AND MAKE DINNER AND THEN COME BACK AND MAYBE THEY'LL BE DONE.

Next week:
Spoiler
Obligatory marriage episode that doesn't involve the girl?! I may die of shock.
Or in the MOTW's case, drink up. xD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Good news! Yayoi isn't a crazy stalker after all. It turns out she's just a stalker; as if that's any better.:lol:

So this episode moved at warp speed, which isn't unexpected. But it makes a good argument for spreading out the movie tie in over two episodes to keep the pace more manageable.

On a side note, is it me or did they mess up the group pose at the end of the roll call, when the pyrotechnics are going off? Green was still flailing around, which considering everyone else was holding still, seems like it wasn't supposed to work that way. But I suppose that's the problem with pyros, you only get one shot...
takenoko wrote:Last weeks was Tessai's episode. Surely this one is about Ramirez? Nope, he just let the hippy waves flow over him and he was fine.
Well let's be realistic, he's the token white guy (as weird as that sounds). But there are still another dozen episodes or so to work with, so maybe they'll give us something. On the other hand he was the earliest of the auxiliary rangers, so that may be why he doesn't get more attention at the end.
PHurricane wrote:The team gathering and the full roll call was just as impressive as it needed to be.
It came a bit too quickly due to the warp speed nature of the episode, but generally I agree. Though I think I would have preferred they had waited an episode to do it, in order to give the occasion a bit more focus and levity.
MagiRed
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by MagiRed »

I enjoyed watching the untransformed fights. The action is really good in this sentai.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

So D revived; I felt that might have happened. I'm hoping someone would have noticed his return and reported to Chaos, because I'm really hoping for the Endolf-Dogold situation to come up by Chaos. So far, the lightning lion hasn't done anything more with his new power yet.

This movie tie-in episode also feels like a Yayoi episode. We're learning a bit more of her personality than we have in previous episodes. But wow, love really is a hurricane!

Spoiler
Even the next episode is as chaotic!
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

Yayoi being jealous and Amy being naive, ain't that cute? :D this episode makes me anticipate more on the DVD release of the Summer Movie. and of course, the cream of the crop, the record breaking 10 men roll call, i'm quite sure Koichi Sakamoto directed this episode on the way wire-fu scenes are executed.

Spoiler
man, another episode featuring haruka-san. i just love this show :)
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”