KR Drive 03 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 03 released

Post by Yaiba »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_03

We have a new henshin character this week. Chase doesn't seem to be a Roidmude and has his own henshin toy. Looking forward to his background story

Speaking of backgrounds, we got some info on what happened six months ago. The black rider was a prototype, and one of the Shift Cars he used was called Dimension Car. But who was he? Did he actually died, or was he being modified into something else and considered as good as dead?

It also explains why all Roidmude survived because Proto-Drive didn't have the power to totally destroy them. A Roidmude can regenerate as long as the number survived.

The clue Shinnosuke got this week was much more believable than last episode's medicine packaging. Interesting to note that the artist's pics are all paintings, and the student's pics are sketches.

We got 3 new Shift Cars in a roll. Dream Vegas is hilarious, Spin Mixer is super useful, Massive Monster is... interesting?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Drive 03 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

Another good episode for Drive. Seems like they're going back with the two episode arc. That's fine since the story has great writing anyways. I really don't like the new shift cars.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Can we stop talking about 2 episode arcs? I'm a bit tired of hearing complaints about it. It's a way of life for KR at this point and even though Gaim was an exception, I get that you guys don't like it. I just don't need to hear every time a new series comes out.

It was funny that Shinnosuke refuses to use Dream Vegas after its failed finisher attack.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I was already on the fence about Drive last week, and this week's shift cars are really starting to push me towards the wrong side. The weapons/abilities are getting convoluted, even for Kamen Rider.

And will someone get that poor boy a sword already!
OOOKaiser wrote:Seems like they're going back with the two episode arc.
Indeed. I was curious whether they'd go back to it after Gaim, and now we have our answer.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

You guys have heard this before, but I love it when the enemy has the same powers as the hero. If Chase is an evil Kamen Rider, then that'll be radical (assuming he's cool).
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

The mysteries get deeper and deeper in this episode. I like it!!

Dream Vegas was rather silly but I have a feeling it might be actually useful since it has so attack reels (sorry, FFX HD geeked for a second there XD).

So I guess Heart and Brain are trying keep the Rois' in line and organized. For what purpose other than general crime sprees I wonder.

Chase. Looks. Cool!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So Belt kinda-sorta recognizing this Chase guy and Proto Drive having been "killed" by the Roidmude...

TOO SUBTLE
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Wow, the pace on this episode was great. A lot got done in these ~25 minutes, and every part of it was awesome.
Didn't see both of the artists being roidmudes, Though I guess it makes sense. I doubt an artificial intelligence, no matter how advanced keep up the disguise of a human on a weekly basis.

The Shift Cars (Massive Monster, Spin Mixer, Dream Vegas, and Dimension Cab today) are radical as ever, and I like how they're out and about investigating cases saving lives. I'll admit though that Kiriko's reaction to Dream Vegas was a bit hammy.

Guess today we are formally introduced to the tech-geek, and he's okay at his role but not very memorable. Chief is actually a cool guy when he actually does something.

Proto Drive looks cool as hell, and we got a little bit of backstory for Kiriko. Hopefully theres move

Watch you're back Shinnosuke, the Reaper on the Chase!
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think the artist guy is Paint Roidmude. That'd be too obvious. These sort of stories always have a twist.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

The Black Rider seems to be someone who is really mysterious. Chase was looking cool. I think he was like Shadowmoon, Another Agito, and Alternative. Something that Rider-esqe but not actual Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is Proto-Drive really black? I just assume he was mostly cloaked in shadow.
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

Typo: it's "a useless adult". The u has a consonant sound.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Yeah, the Roidmude is sooo set-up to be the painter. It has to be either him or maybe one of the high school kids, because that's pretty much all the suspects we have so far.

Man, Drive's weapons really are unorthodox; A grate, giant roulette wheels, monster mouth...claw...things. I'm hoping that most of these will be completely forgotten about half-way through the series (y'know, like Pineapple Arms).
It actually reminds me of Fourze in a way, especially how frequently the Shift Cars are showing up, but at least Fourze's modules made practical sense (except maybe the paint brush).

Also, does Mashin Chaser count as a Kamen Rider? I don't see why not. After all he is masked & he rides a motorcycle, shouldn't that be enough?
Last edited by HarryFA1 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

You know I wonder if the two parters are just for the start. I remember reading an article saying that the stories were going to be single episode based.

Link: http://news.tokunation.com/2014/08/29/k ... rmed-20569

It could be wrong though.

Also I'm loving the Tire Weapons. Its a nice change of pace from all the stuff we've had. I mean swords and guns have been done to death in Kamen Rider. Sure these are weird but I really like them and I hope they get use out of them. Hopefully these are the last of them for a while though. Give the various tires a chance to leave a mark.

And I'm calling Machin Chaser is eventually going to be the second Kamen rider of the series.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

You know, Mashin Chaser sounds like a Shift Car's name. I'm calling it. He's actually a corrupted Shift Car and Drive will eventually use that gun. :D

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”