Ninninger 05 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 05 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_05

Kind of a fun episode about Kasumi. Although it seemed to be more about the stuff happening around her than having her as a direct main character herself.

Got to love ninjas on kites.

So they can use their new Otomo Nin Shurikens as attacks too? That's kind of neat.

I don't get why Takaharu gets to use UFOmaru. I mean, they literally have him pull the new shuriken out of his butt.

Alien technology?!

Both viewer and Gabi are robbed of a duel this episode. Oh well.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Ninninger 05 sanjou!

Post by DaVinci030 »

Kasumi was kinda sleepy (maybe not) as a college student. It was a good episode though.

I liked the voice of "UFO Gattai". Was the voice "an alien"?

It's kinda funny at the end when Gabi sat down and wait for Akaninger. That sucks... a bit.

Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

I enjoyed that Kasumi is so sharp she deduced the Youkai's plan immediately. It makes me wonder what else she has figured out, but not mentioned because no one has asked. Even though much of what has been revealed about Kasumi is still a little cursory, she is by far my favourite of the group. Disappointed that she didn't get to pilot UFOmaru.

Five episodes in and I have realized what bothers me about Takaharu... He shouts much too much! His quiet or more thoughtful moments are just not believable. It feels like no matter what the scene calls for he only has one setting... Loud and hyper.

It was a pity the way they treated the scene with Grandfather Yoshitaka explaining that he designed the Otomo Nin especially for his grandchildren and modeled them off of things they liked. It felt like such a throwaway moment, when the idea and sentiment behind it was wonderful. I really wish they had placed it better.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:Although it seemed to be more about the stuff happening around her than having her as a direct main character herself.
That seems to be the case with all the episodes so far, doesn't it? Kind of an odd decision by the writer(s).

It’s not unheard of for sentai to do a plot where they interact with a monster that’s not evil, but I was surprised that they might be doing that this early in the series. Never fear - it was a cutesy-monster-pretends-to-be-harmless plot instead.

That camouflage cloth is giving me a Camomirage vive. It’s a shame it seems to be limited to blending into the nearby scenery instead of being more versatile.

I know and accept that sentai is always going to give the red character more focus, but it’s hard not to think about the opportunity they’re missing out on by having Takaharu pilot all the auxiliary mecha. It was in the back of my mind last week with Paonmaru, but it’s even more obvious this week when so much of the episode was spent talking about Kasumi’s fascination with space and aliens.

Grandpa saying that the Otomo Nin are based on alien technology was really unexpected. I know the Dad said that he shouldn’t joke about things like that, but I don’t think it was a joke. It makes me think that aliens/space may play a bigger role later in the series.

Takaharu forgetting his duel with Gabi was hilarious. I’ll be perfectly happy if they keep drawing out the next duel between those two with gags like that.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm surprised they broke the "mystery" behind what Kibaoni Gengetsu looks like in such an early episode. Having him hidden in shadow during the intro is now pointless. I wonder if the intro this year will change and adapt in response to this stuff. The production team seems really determined to break sentai tropes with the "so what" motto for this show.

It was really strange to have helicopter sound effects for the kites.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

I actually forgot about the duel too, and was wondering what Takaharu meant when he said he forgot something :P
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh my god a positive message for young girls in my sentai! /me dies of shock

I mean, in Shinkenger we had the plotline of Mako having to decide whether or not she's going to get married or quit the team and even in Toqger there was the "omg the femalz has fallen in love" story. But this? This is new.

Telling girls that they can balance what they want to do with what they have to do, having a girl be a scientist (and a rather amazing one at that). This is far more progressive than I've seen Sentai have recently (I'm looking at you, Amy).

The characters are still taking a while to grow on me and I'm tired of Red hogging the spotlight, but this episode was a step in the right direction for me.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

The focus was on Kasumi's goals, but it seems Yakumo was the one who learned the lesson.

Lots of random, important, tidbits thrown into these episodes. The Otomo Nin were made with alien technology? Isn't that a little more critical than a throwaway comedy line??

The kites making plane noises though.............
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Something I wrote on the wiki was that UFO's happen to be flat and round, sort of like shurikens. Plus, it opens the way for a Hurricaneger tie-in.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I love how they just said 'Fuck it, when was the last time we had a giant robot battle on the moon?' That was amazing.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

It's jsut here that the HD release is weird? I dunno, it looks like a videogame when slowdown happens.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is the file complete? Do you normally have problems with the HD versions of our stuff?

Just checking, since it seems okay on my end.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

takenoko wrote:Is the file complete? Do you normally have problems with the HD versions of our stuff?

My file slows down as well. Feels like the video lags behind the audio just a bit. HD file download was completed, all other hd downloads have worked fine.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

xPrimexTimex wrote:
takenoko wrote:Is the file complete? Do you normally have problems with the HD versions of our stuff?

My file slows down as well. Feels like the video lags behind the audio just a bit. HD file download was completed, all other hd downloads have worked fine.
Same here. I've always watched your hD releases and never had a problem until now. I've download it twice just to make sure. And it's just the episode, because the video of the school girl dancing is totally okay.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

^You did realise that the schoolgirl is Fuuka's actress, right?

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”