Ninninger 11 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 11 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_11

That was a pretty fun episode. There were a lot of genuinely funny moments that I liked.

Hmmm. Can't tell if Fuuka and Nagi getting hit by the Youkai fart gas is self-referential or not... I mean, I've been thinking about this. They film this stuff in advance. They probably can't act on people's feedback until like 6 or 7 episodes after they've gotten it, right?

I also like that Nagi and Fuuka bump into each other when running away.

But the group dynamic is great in this episode. Everyone does a little bit of something and that really helps, I think.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Ninninger 11 sanjou!

Post by Slowking »

takenoko wrote:But the group dynamic is great in this episode. Everyone does a little bit of something and that really helps, I think.
This. And somehow it also helps make even Takaharu blend in with the others.
Behold the Emperor!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

The more I think about this episode, the more I like it. I agree that we saw the best division of the spotlight since the initial episode. Takaharu's battle against Gabi served a triple purpose - giving Gabi something to do, giving Kyuuemon the leverage he needs to get some assistance reviving their boss, and giving Takaharu his time to shine without overwhelming the rest of the episode's events. The Nagi and Fuuka bits were funny enough, and probably a side effect of the writer(s) being aware that those two characters were getting the short end of the stick. And, as usual, Kasumi showed she is brutally honest when analyzing her family and a force to be reckoned with scientifically.

The rivalry between Kinji and Yakumo is already shaping up to be one of the best dynamics on the show - each criticizing the other for not being a stereotypical ninja. Yakumo's actor isn't quite as bad as Takaharu's, but he still came off as uncomfortably stiff at times. I think he plays well off Kinji, and hopefully this rivalry will allow them to move away from Kinji's whole "kill them so I can replace them" schtick.

The English on the front of Grandpa’s book is surprisingly good. It's a far cry from Kinji's so-called American accent.

Speaking of Kinji, I love how they added him to the OP and ED. Very creative.

I’m okay with them playing up the cellphone being faster than the Gamagama Guns, but I hope they eventually explain why. I also hope Kasumi's translator pops up again, along with other wacky inventions she pulls out of nowhere.

I know that it was revealed to be the effect of the one Youkai's attack, but having a mecha get depressed because it’s losing the spotlight to the newer mecha is hilarious. Between that subplot and the Nagi/Fuuka depression subplot, this episode flirted with the fourth wall quite a bit.
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

This was definitely the best episode so far. There's so many things I love about it. I love the emo youkai and all the funny little details like Kinji pulling stuff out of his hat and that Yoshitaka is a world wide celebrity with a book deal (and that he "brought peace to the world." :lol: ). I love the "easy" argument and how Takaharu actually LOST his duel, yet still got to be badass by coming to the rescue despite being severely wounded. The only things I didn't care for were Nagi and Fuuka being useless yet again and StarNinger and Yakumo making nice so quickly, because I really liked having Kinji as Yakumo's nemesis on the team. Oh well. Ninninger has been steadily improving. I hope they keep it up and that the rest of the series is more like this instead of the lackluster early episodes.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So the HD download is hung. It looks like the seed can't provide the final piece for some reason.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Looks like the seeder got confused with the Vines being in the SD torrent too. No idea why that happens. Should be good now though.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Not going to lie, I think this show is going to ramp up in quality really soon. It's rare to see a fight at that level this early in the series. Makes you wonder what they have planned for the later fights.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Kuchiri wrote:Not going to lie, I think this show is going to ramp up in quality really soon. It's rare to see a fight at that level this early in the series. Makes you wonder what they have planned for the later fights.
Considering how this is only the first general of the bad guy (forgot his name) this is really great. I'm surprised they introduced the sixth member of the team already, personally I think it was way too soon
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I think the best part of this download was ninninger after this vine especailly when kinji moves bhind them and look on Kasumi................toooooooo cuuuuutttteeeeeeee. :P
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

The fight between Akaninger and Gabi was amazing! Actually, all the fights this episode were top notch.
I loved how they noticed that Shinobimaru was getting left out constantly. It made me laugh much more than I should have.
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

wisdomcat wrote:I'm surprised they introduced the sixth member of the team already, personally I think it was way too soon
Yeah, I think I agree. I would have preferred that they wait until after the main five had gone through at least one story arc on their own before bringing in the sixth ranger. Oh well, it's not that big a deal.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... Man, this was so less of a character building episode, as a writers complaining episode XP I love it.... Also really like how much more effort they're putting into the Aka V Gabi fights. It helps give the sense, I feel, of two fighters growing by facing each other.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm having a very hard time with Starninger trying to kill the others. It's not nearly as funny as it is disturbing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, thanks for touching on that. That brings me out of the show as well. I think the problem for me is that it reminds me that ninjas were assassins. So the "Hahaha, we're just playfully trying to kill each other" makes me go "Hmmmm..." more than anything else.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Kasumi, where did you get that translator?? o_O Anyway, Kasumi proves once again how competent she is. I don't care what happens, she's the Last Ninja in my book.

I found Yakumo coming out with a moon shaped pillow kinda funny in the beginning.

This was a fairly good episode! Takaharu wasn't annoying for once, Nagi and Fuuka actually got screen time, and Kasumi was brilliant as usual. If the Kinji/Yakumo rivalry can still be a thing for the series than that'll add a new dimension to group dynamics. Kinji/Yakumo and Yakumo/Kasumi are the best pairings so far, so hopefully they build on that. (just to be clear, I'm not talking about ships).

If the show can build on character relationships and have a good group dynamic then the quality of the show will go up immensely.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”