Jyuohger 06 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:29 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 23
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 06 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.88 / 5 (24 votes)

That was an okay episode. Pretty red centric. The first part of the mecha battle was just showing off Cube Gorilla.

Kind of makes you wonder what happened to birdman.

I wonder if the other members will get secondary forms too. Considering how lackluster power-ups have been lately, I'd be pretty excited about the potential for this.

Next week is the spring gattai special, but it just looks like a lackluster crossover. I wouldn't miss it if they decided not to do one for next year.

Was that a gorilla just now? Let me know if you see it the first time or not.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Jyuohger 06 released

Post by PHurricane »

Well, crap. I was surprised last week that a general-level enemy was defeated, but I was not expecting him to be able to regenerate.

Loved the slow realization that the DeathGalien MOTW was the one they forgot to track down last episode. The way the monster forgets their name too makes it even funnier. His whole schtick of his mouth constantly getting hit because it’s so big was pretty amusing.

That scene with Larry and the little girl was too adorable.

I like that we get some explanation on why Yamato was able to turn into Eagle in the first place, as well as a pretty grave cost to him using the powers. Hopefully it’s a one-time power/life force exchange, because the thought that Yamato is draining more and more of birdman and Larry’s life every time he transforms is horrifying.

Love the roll call with Gorilla. Still not sure I can take the muscle-suit seriously, especially when Gorilla starts swinging from magic vines, doing the Tarzan yell, and pantomiming an ape with corresponding grunting between attacks. And then the gorilla cube carries around a magic trapeze.

It’s a small moment, but I like that Tusk is still too shy/standoffish to celebrate with Amu and Yamato in the mecha cockpit.

I'm going to guess that Yamato is the only one with multiple forms. Seems like the others might not be able to absorb a Zyuman power since they are already Zyumans themselves.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

takenoko wrote:Was that a gorilla just now? Let me know if you see it the first time or not.
Lol, I didn't even bother to count yet I didn't see Larry walk past :P

Anyways, I'm hoping that spring break will not be like last year. Ninninger's spring break was a nightmare.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I loved how they very subtly at the beginning reference Sela's sensitive hearing; she covered her ears when the others shouted loudly. All of them are vibrant characters, whether they speak or move or neither of the two. They are not there just for the sake of being there.

Azauld finds reviving more refreshing than ever on Earth... and he consists of cubes... my initial thought that he has something to do with the Jyumans may not actually be that far off. Cub-al seemed intrigued too...
Behold the Emperor!
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Damn, Yamato again and again proven himself to be a great Red... then again after the disappointment of the previous season, I could be easily impressed about anything from this season.

Welp, of course the general wasn't defeated.

Now, whatever happened to the eaten weapons? Lost forever?
Last edited by Rifaz on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

yes i agree yamato seems like a great leader already. in fact before the team henshin and role call i was thinking how id follow that red. he has such a great heart.

it wasnt a magic vine he swung in on during the fight it was the eagle raiser, just being used like a vine. props to the suit actor for even when jumping into the gorilla cockpit, mimics a gorilla jump. the muscle suit doesnt look so bad but those hands.

i dont think the ealge guy gave up too much life force since yamato was still a kid?

jyuohwild was nice in fact that battle and the team battle raised and interesting question: the monster ate their weapons but they never got them back. are they gone for good now or do they just generate upon each henshin?

rocket punches are cool, and lastly, didnt monkey origami have similar moves to cube gorilla?
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

I always love the comical monster of the week. This one really got some laughs out of me. But I have to wonder...are the cube guns/swords gone for good? I didn't see him spit them back out or do they magically get new ones?

takenoko wrote: I wonder if the other members will get secondary forms too. Considering how lackluster power-ups have been lately, I'd be pretty excited about the potential for this.

I'm pretty sure the others will get second forms too. When we had the close up shot of Sela hearing the little girl you can easily see that her mask can open up the same way Yamato mask can.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Just when i tought i lost my ionterest for sentai, this one arrives.

By the way, the jaw breaking move was a reference to King Kong, wasn't it?

Also, when Leo was on the tree and said something, Sela gave him a death glare, was it because of the loud thing or are they going to build the relationship between this two? (Hopefully this)

well, i gotta say, it was a pretty good episode, so far my favorite character is Leo.
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

i think it's just part of the design for the rest. it's been a long time since they've done an all team power-up.

surprise me toei.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Skeith wrote:I'm pretty sure the others will get second forms too. When we had the close up shot of Sela hearing the little girl you can easily see that her mask can open up the same way Yamato mask can.
They're all like that.

takenoko wrote:Was that a gorilla just now? Let me know if you see it the first time or not.
Is it possible to miss the gorilla? I saw it clear as day, counted the right number of passes, and still saw them bop that girl in the head with the basketball. They didn't even apologize!

Question: What was the word used for "Six" when the cubes were stacking up for the mecha? Yon...Go.....?
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

mholden020 wrote:
Question: What was the word used for "Six" when the cubes were stacking up for the mecha? Yon...Go.....?
Roku?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

mholden020 wrote:
Is it possible to miss the gorilla? I saw it clear as day, counted the right number of passes, and still saw them bop that girl in the head with the basketball. They didn't even apologize!
About half the people do not see the gorilla.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well we already have our de-facto second mecha, and while it's an improvement over the original, it's not by much. If this series gets a true second mecha, I really hope it's a significant departure from the cubes. It's just not working.

Meanwhile, checking the Wiki, I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only person who thought the MOTW bore a striking resemblance to Pudgy Pig. An "eat everything" monster with a big mouth and brush helmet is a pretty distinct design. Though on the flip side I'm disappointed that our enemy commander didn't actually die.
takenoko wrote:Next week is the spring gattai special, but it just looks like a lackluster crossover. I wouldn't miss it if they decided not to do one for next year.
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I've enjoyed the spring break specials so far. Hopefully this year's is a good one.

And yes, I noticed the gorilla.:P
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

RoxasXIII wrote:
mholden020 wrote:
Roku?
Yup. /me teaches mholden020 and RoxasXIII how to count the number in Japanese.

Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Post by Ginhoshi »

I counted 15 and noticed the Gorilla, what is the point of it?

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”