Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero -Dragon Blood- 09 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Alt Title - SpiderWoman

Last episode rating: 4.81 /5 (16 votes)

Man, that is a cute dragon. It's important to create a CGI creature just right, and I think they nail it.

Pretty simple concept with the two parents being compared.

I like the idea of this week's Horror more than I like the design. Although, it's pretty interesting that her dress in human form and Horror form are asymmetrical in opposite ways.

Insert GIF of the Immortal getting eaten by baby spiders here.

Alice, you're terrible with names.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 09 released

Post by xiiliea »

I think this is the first time we see and can gauge how long the armor takes to recharge.

Copypasta from the wiki trivia I added: Rei calls off his armor at 73.6s remaining. But when he puts it on later, it starts from 76.5s. This probably means that it recharged a little while he was tracking down the horror again.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Creepypasta???
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

5 score episode just because that final blue flame attack was so sick!... I think that Loopu is going to get big really soon...

Well this is almost done and the show have been exactly what I expected. Shame that we are only going to get 13 episodes of such amazing content.
Final Vent!
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Nice episode with Alice and Loop, dumb name honestly though as Mike Wazowski said once you name it you start getting attach to it and it works here since she looked after the egg as a child and Edel is back, I knew he wouldn't be dead yet
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

That was an interesting bit about the timer recharge, I did not notice that. There's been moments in the franchise when it seems like knights cast on and off their armor without consequence, so this was nice to see. (I still think that the prominence of the timer means Rei's going werewolf at some point here.)

I'm actually happy for the shortened episode count, it means we haven't had a wasted episode so far. A lot of shows, Garo included, really struggle to keep momentum for 22+ episodes, and I'd much rather be left wanting more than wishing for the show to end.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

The visuals of baby Loop is on point. The way it interacts with Alice is a nice touch throughout the ep. Another 5.

Rei and Rekka battling together is just fun.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Kurow wrote:5 score episode just because that final blue flame attack was so sick!... I think that Loopu is going to get big really soon...

Well this is almost done and the show have been exactly what I expected. Shame that we are only going to get 13 episodes of such amazing content.
Wasn't it too cool?! I couldn't get a good still of it but damn it was cool as hell. If Square or Platinum made a Garo video game I'd lose it.

But yeah this series has been really damn fun. With this being great the TV-Nihon putting out the new batch of Garo I feel like doing a rewatch of everything. Has anything been announced for after Dragon Blood?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Revorse wrote:But yeah this series has been really damn fun. With this being great the TV-Nihon putting out the new batch of Garo I feel like doing a rewatch of everything. Has anything been announced for after Dragon Blood?
Yeah, the Makai no Hana movie, the Jinga movie, and I feel like there was something else mentioned recently?
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

The only other thing I remember being announced is a 3rd anime series, which I assume will get snapped up by Funimation.
Katiana
Adventure
Favorite series: too many to list
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
My boom: Toku

Post by Katiana »

There was an announcement back in October that Kraken would be releasing the original series on DVD in North America sometime this year. But there hasn't been any more news since the original announcement on October 13.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Aberration wrote:The only other thing I remember being announced is a 3rd anime series, which I assume will get snapped up by Funimation.
So far the anime have been so bad and inferior compared to the live action series. I always wanted a Garo story on the ancient Japan setting with samurai, ninjas and stuff but that theme was wasted on the second anime series :(...
Final Vent!
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, the Makai no Hana movie, the Jinga movie, and I feel like there was something else mentioned recently?
I hope that Makai no Hana movie open way for another Raiga series, the way Goldstorm led into another Ryuuga's.

While Makai no Hana had its share of issues, I feel Raiga deserves another shot. His character and world have potential. Hopefully, he can reunite with his parents, and meet Zero and the others from season 1 and 2. It would be nice to have a group family photo. Assuming the movie don't cover this. Wishful.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

With regard to the armor time. I don't think it's good to think of it as recharging. The armor is dangerous to wear and the timer represents how long someone with control over soul metal can safely wear it before it begins to assimilate them. So the amount of time left when he summons the armor again is more of a case of how much Rei has recovered. Also you can't make any assumptions about linearity of recovery. If you think about how a smartphone recharges when the battery is almost completely exhausted ,five minutes of charging will give you a much larger percent then if it is almost full. That would actually be in line with a number of occasions where the knights wore their armor almost to their limit, and took it off and then put it right back on.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Hello, everyone! I have finally caught up. So far I have watched season one and then Zero Dragon Blood. Is there a preferred order to watch some of the other stuff?

Also, for those who are shipping Rei/Rekka, viewtopic.php?f=51&t=20272 is a good place to proclaim its greatness or lack thereof.

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”