Kamen Sentai GoRider 03 Released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

GoRider ☆☆☆☆☆
69%
YonRider ☆☆☆☆
14%
SanRider ☆☆☆
10%
NiRider ☆☆
No votes
IchiRider ☆
7%

Total votes: 29
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Kamen Sentai GoRider 03 Released

Post by xiiliea »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article

Fantastic ending! The numbers riddle, the way the fake Kenzaki was exposed, the way the real Kenzaki found them and the mystery behind the reflections, and the way Dan's world was destroyed, are what I would only expect from a detective show. This is exactly the way you combine my two favorite genres of tokusatsu+detective.

And Emu being "ignored" was funny.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Kamen Sentai GoRider 03 Released

Post by PHurricane »

Agreed. That was a very nice miniseries, which I think benefitted from its chosen format - full-length episodes but only a small number of them.

Boy, did this episode make me miss Dan. I typically prefer a villain that’s cool and calculating, but there’s something fun about watching an actor commit to portraying a villain who is flat-out insane. But Kiriya totally should have punched Dan when he had the chance instead of just angrily grabbing his jacket.

That was a nice use of Blade mythology to screw over Dan’s plan.

Between the visuals and the sound effects, there were lots of nice homages to both Goranger and the original Kamen Rider series during the GoRider battle.

Emu begging for someone to pass him the GoRider ball was adorable. But sheesh, it was brutal for him to watch Kiriya sacrifice himself a second time for Emu’s sake.

I was wondering if the snow at the end was supposed to be symbolic or something, but then I reread the part in the last discussion thread about only some of the fighting scenes having snow. It was kind of a strange note to end on, but maybe it was just an acknowledgment of the filming issues they had.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Definite 5. Very satisfying from beginning to end, even when there are shakey moments. The first episode's pacing and the GoRiders were the weakest part of this mini series (even though I like that they found Riders whose colors matched to GoRanger's), but none of that was enough to diminish how good the experience was overall.

So glad to see Dan is back. And that Kiriya gets his confrontation with him.

I honestly don't know if the snow meant anything. It might have just been a nice scene to end on. (Probably didn't need to linger on Hiiro, Asuna, and Emu as much as they did in that final shot though).

Interesting that the best Ex-Aid spin off thing (this mini series) comes at a time when Ex-Aid's story is doing well.

Speaking of which, do we know where this mini series would fit in chronologically? It'd have to be after episode 23, when Dan dies and Emu has the max rider suit thing.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Having to see Malika, Baron, and Lazer's death a second time espeically since their series is still relatively fresh really hits in the feels
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

the deus ex machina of almost literally pulling the cards out of his ass was a stumble this otherwise perfect story didn't need. otherwise, 14/15 (5,5,4)
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Kento Shinoyama has redeemed himself with this special, for now anyway since I haven't seen Dino Force Brave to justify that he's had a rough start being a head writer and all, the detective plot felt appropriate considering the whole mystery of why the riders are there and why Emu is alive and stuff. if only the Gorider part wasn't so Deus Ex Machina
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
DERPDERP91357
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by DERPDERP91357 »

takenoko wrote:
I honestly don't know if the snow meant anything. It might have just been a nice scene to end on. (Probably didn't need to linger on Hiiro, Asuna, and Emu as much as they did in that final shot though).
Pretty sure the snow was symbolic for their ashes cause it's not like lazer marika and baron have graves they can visit due to the nature of their deaths (lazer is still considered a missing persons case in the series if I'm not mistaken)
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Damn, whoever wrote this entire episode was a genius. This finale was the best, and most perfect thing I'd ever seen. It's like movie-quality, lol. Straight 10 / 10 from me. This was definitely worth the watch. That's all I have to say.

Oh and...why can't we ever get great episodes like this!
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

takenoko wrote:Speaking of which, do we know where this mini series would fit in chronologically? It'd have to be after episode 23, when Dan dies and Emu has the max rider suit thing.
From the way Hiiro and Emu were talking, it sounds like this was still during Emu's surgery training. Emu graduated the surgery internship at the begining of ep 25. Also, Asuna/Poppy was still part of the team. Thus, it HAD to be between episodes 23 (Dan's death) and 24 (Poppy's defection). The timing also makes perfect sense, as there was a changing of the guard for the villains during the gap between those two episodes and thus it was likely an otherwise quiet period for the CR crew.

I only really had two complaints about this finale. First, Emu producing the GoRider cards should have been explained. In theory, the cards were from pulled from the previous scene and modified by Emu's abilities and desire fo the others to be reborn, mixed with Blade's undead abilities. In other words, the cards were a new class of undead card. It is implied, but never actually explained in any way, making that an irritating oversight in a show where deductions are thoroughly explained everywhere else.

My other complaint was with this whole 90-minute epic having only a brief GoRider appearance during the final battle. They unload three final attacks in quick succession (Emu begging for a pass was adorable, I agree) and then revert back to their regular forms and preesumaably get killed off again. There was honestly way too much buildup for this to be the end. I'm going to guess that since Blade was undead and the GoRider cards were most likely infused with undead power, we will see the GoRiders return, either in specials or their own new mini series. I doubt they'll get a full-length show, however (their personalities are very different from the GoRangers, especially between KiRanger and KiRider, and there's no way they'll be doing the trademark riddle-every-episode that made GoRanger so off-the-wall fun... which makes their appeal to us early-franchise fans limited), and can see them also appearing in Super Sentai specials.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Some mild payoff for all the wait and some clever solutions found but overall, still could have really done with some editing to trim out some of the fluff.

Emu pulling the GoRider cards literally out of his ass was stupid. And frankly, I don't care about the GoRiders. I would have much rather seen the guys in their original suits than a merging of two different 70s costumes.

FUCK YOU MALIKA SHOULDN'T GET GIRLY TWINKLE SOUND EFFECTS

Kuroto chewing the hell out of that scenery is hugely enjoyable.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.

Post by Zerato »

My only complaints with the finale is that:
1. Emu pulled the GoRider cards out of his ass. (Literally, that's what it looks like he does)
2. The GoRiders barely factor into a series in which they are the titular characters.
3. We didn't get a send off for Kenzaki at the end. It didn't have to be anything big, but at the very least we could've gotten a conversation between him and Emu.
Other than that, it was a great send off to a great mini-series. (4/5)
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, Kenzaki just getting left out of the epilogue seemed really rough, since it would have just taken a second for him to go "I got to mysteriously wander off once more like the lone Rider I am". A scene of him leaving and maybe comforting Emu about the dead Riders would have been better than him hanging out with Hiiro and Asuna at the end.
iori93
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: saa omae tsumi wo kazoero!

Post by iori93 »

As a Blade lover I really enjoyed this episode, whoever who gave 1 star must be insane. At first when I watched episode 1 I feel very disappointed because Kenzaki said he is dead because he is no longer human and that was bullshit for me. But now everything is making sense, and they use Joker to break the game is a brilliant move. The riders sacrificed themselves was very touching. One thing I don't like is the Kamen Sentai GoRider which I think unnecessary and so sudden, how Emu get the cards? So sad to watched all my favorite cool Riders become kiddy super sentai with the ball and bazooka. Everything else was perfect. 5 stars
DERPDERP91357

Post by DERPDERP91357 »

Zerato wrote:My only complaints with the finale is that:
1. Emu pulled the GoRider cards out of his ass. (Literally, that's what it looks like he does)
2. The GoRiders barely factor into a series in which they are the titular characters.
3. We didn't get a send off for Kenzaki at the end. It didn't have to be anything big, but at the very least we could've gotten a conversation between him and Emu.
Other than that, it was a great send off to a great mini-series. (4/5)
But every rider got their awkward moments:
1. Kaito was red(the leader) despite having little presence for the entire series. He also never uses his other forms...
2. Kenzaki was awkwardly there while everyone else is talking about death and despair, for some reason uses Ace rather than King form (as per that one scene in Decade), and randomly transforms into Aorider even though he's not even deceased. Not to mention that scene with the balloons and flashback where they skip over him.
3. Marika does absolutely nothing while Dan was feeling her face up even though she can kick ass even without her peach soda...
4. Literally everyone knows someone else cept Another Agito... poor old man is friendless and lonely for the entire thing... he doesn't even have a belt jingle... The only worse thing they could have done was replace him with Tusk so we can all make those elephant in the room jokes....
5. For some reason Kiriya is like BFFs with M despite how distant they were in the show(cause Gemn happened). Strangely Kiriya never gets the satisfaction of knowing that he basically killed Gemn with his gashat design and that M is literally using it right beside him (not even mentioning that the lvl 99 gashat renders the plot pointless cause it's the rider version of a Gameshark)
6. This show is tries to convince me that Gemn is trying to be the wolf in sheep's clothing again and he screwed himself over by doing an evil rider's version of teabagging to M. And manage to piss off Kenzaki by copyright infringement?

The real highlight to the series was the fact that they didn't bring back Takeru (to die for the umpteenth time; especially since Gemn cameos in ghost) and Haruto (becoming hope to more people)....
Wish they brought back other riders instead though (although Kiriya and Kenzaki are good and all) like female Larc for red (or Faiz), Sangou for blue, Raia for pink or basically anyone from Ryuki and Kabuto. There are also plenty of deceased villainous riders (Ouja was around recently and technically part of the movie timeline, Eternal, White Ghost, Gold Drive, etc)
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.

Post by Zerato »

DERPDERP91357 wrote:Wish they brought back other riders instead though (although Kiriya and Kenzaki are good and all) like female Larc for red (or Faiz), Sangou for blue, Raia for pink or basically anyone from Ryuki and Kabuto. There are also plenty of deceased villainous riders (Ouja was around recently and technically part of the movie timeline, Eternal, White Ghost, Gold Drive, etc)
The riders they chose had to meet 2 requirements. They were dead and their color scheme had to match the Gorengers. The number of riders that meet both is limited (with the exception of Green):

Red: Larc, 555, and Baron. Larc wouldn't work 1. because she wasn't significant in Blade and 2. because she's female and we know how Toei is when it comes to females. Bringing Takumi back again would be a bad idea since he was prominent in the #4 mini-series.

Blue: Given the story they were telling, no one other than Kenzaki would've worked.

Green: Another Agito, Verde, 1st Zolda (Shuichi), 2nd Leangle (Go), Lance, & Zanki. Verde, Go, and Lance weren't significant enough in their respective series to warrant bringing back. Shuichi was the chosen candidate for MidoRider in CSHT so I doubt they'd have him do it again here. Honestly, I would've preferred they bring back Zanki instead of Kino.

Yellow: Just like Kenzaki, given the story they were telling, Kiriya is the only possible choice.

Pink: Raia and Marika. I choose Marika over Raia any day simply because I love Yoko so much and any chance for her to come back is one I will accept with open arms.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”