KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 03 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri May 05, 2017 10:46 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 03 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21629
Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Episode_03
Next: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21724

Last week: 4.63 / 5 (16 votes)

I think I know the secret of the new Amazons. They love cosplay. First brides, now a doctor and a nurse.

Man, sure was a lot of chocolate syrup in this episode. So is that lady in the surgery thing dead or what?

I'm glad to see the old exterminators are still together. Their camaraderie was one of the shining points of the first season, so it wouldn't have made much sense for Shidou to be on his own.

I guess all the key pieces are getting funneled into team Kurosaki. What's Kurosaki's deal anyway? I can't read the guy at all.

Good pacing this time. Was intrigued by what was going on. Solid 4 out of 5 for me.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons Season 02 Episode 03 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Tachibana-san, still upset about the wham ending of the previous season. You get to make Sigma Amazons again, stop being salty.

So, what does Iyu's dad have that Haruka's interested in?
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kinda feel like we're getting into gore for gore's sake and it's kinda squicking me out. The shot of the brains(?) falling out of the lady's ear was just disgusting. It's clearly done for the gross-out factor more than anything else. (I note that while the previous season of Amazons was advertised in the kids' magazines, this season is not, this is probably the reason why)

Good action, good story, always tend to kill off two of the characters on the main cast webpage in the first couple episodes, why is that?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If characters die, that's how you know it's edgy! Also, those kids were total red shirts.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

takenoko wrote:So is that lady in the surgery thing dead or what?
Consiering she had half her brain sucked out, she's most definitely dead. Those twitches were literally jut muscle spasms from what's left up there misfiring signals. You often see the same twitching after a headshot or other fatal brain impact. They kept it going longer than it should, but this was probably just for dramatic effect.

I love that they not only have a female lead, but they FINALLY fixed their writing issus with a previous female lead. She's now got a vocabulary and shows a hint of personality! I hope we see more of her newfound personality in the coming episodes, and maybe get some official explanation as to why she was so underdeveloped in s1.

Also, Im loving Iyu more and more. It's obvious she's more than just a walking corpse and is reacting to those memories. However, I find it interesting that the obvious immortality goal from last season has turned into "bringing back the dead is horrible!" while the side effects of thee experiments went from unfortunate to oppourtunistic. The fact that she's unable to tell friend from foe during combat was somthing you sort of expected, btu the ending really makes you wonder if the trauma she felt when she die didn't leave her somewhat insane after all. And I have a strange feeling she's receiving some sort of reprogramming during those "repair sessions" to prevent her from regaining too much self-awaareness.

Three episodes to answer most of the questionss regarding the past 5 years and get us going at full steam isn't too shabby. Sure, we still have a lot of questions, but now most of the big plot poits and backstory are filled in. We even have a legitimate reason for the original cast to reappear.

Of course the most important plot point in this one was Origin. Could it really be they're going to go all-out for us fans and bring back THE Amazon like some of us theorised at the beginning of last season?
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I really like Iyu as a character, but at this point, it might be worth asking how much humanity she retains after death. We're human, so we want to see something emotional in her, this is how Chihiro approaches it. But everything we have seem so far seems to imply that she's more like a robot, she has memories, but she has no personal thoughts or wishes or emotions or desires, this is how Chief businessman sees it.

Good point about Mizuki. She is a much better character this season. Sure, she's still focused on Haruka as her life goal, but at least she has some agency in her actions. And we can't complain about her not talking too much, since no one talks too much in this show except the 4C exposition dumps.
Ashki
Mega

Post by Ashki »

i really like how they seem to be addressing that very question. It sort of takes me back to the "documented zombies vs. movie zombies" debate. When someone is zobified in real life, it's a combination of the physical and psychological effects that brainwsh a person into thinking they were brought back from the ead. They have all of their memories but ten to act fairly robotic until freed by the witch doctor.

Iyu trikes me aas beigvery similar. Whether or not she waas truly dead or simply medically dead for a brie time and resucitated will likely never be explained, but she strikes me as being more brainwashed than brain dead. Look at how she reacts to certain stimuli, almost as if there's a conscious process involved. However, it's pretty obvious she's a cyborg, much like the original amazon, and that her armlet is the key (again, just like the original). also note how they made it more obvious this episode that only the cybernetic eye lights up when she's changing. This is telling me that her robotic personality is artificially enhanced. I don't remember it being like this is s1 at all.

As for a lack of desire, I have to disagree. The way she goes after Amazons may seem like pure programming, but then why does she bother warning Chihiro that he' "in the way"? She could have just knocked him aside or ignored him entirely. No I think the writers are srongly hinting that she' acting in part from her own willpower but that will is being reigned in.

Think about this. You're with your family, an then one of htem turns around and kills everyone in front of you in the most horrible way. That person whom you loved and trusted then does the same to you. It's ungodly traumetising. and then the last thing you see is this person being killed by someone else you know (and likely trust). When next you awaken you're numb and can't think clearly, but those last moments keep repeating in your mind. And you're told that you will be hunting monsters like the one that took everything from you. You can't process your emotions or weigh morals. You just know you have a burning hatred for these things and that you shouldn't be alive.

Many survivors of the Holocaust lost their entire families and live out the rest of their lives believing they should be dead. They carry that hatred and pain with them forever. So while Toei doesn't exactly have a recent track record for deep thinking, I find it perfectly reasonable to believe Iya is fueled by this cobination of self- and outward hatred. In some ways, the ending supports the idea that she blacked out and only realised who she was attacking when his henshin failed. And that's why she was found as she was, the trauma and self-hate compounded, but unable to harm herself intentionally because her nerves no longer register physical pain.

I don't think Iya will ever return to the girl she once was and I'd be furious if they did that to her. However I can picture her developing moments where she's just a broken little girl and having something of a split personality where other times she just blanks out into the mode we saw this ep. I'm torn on whether I want to see her get killed off/laid to rest at the end of hte season or have her function like a real-life war vet with severe PTSD in future seasons.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Oh boy. I thought last episode was gory.

So does Iyu attack Neo because he appears to be about to eat the patient or because she knows there is one target inside and the doctor escaped? It's hard to tell with her.
Ashki
Mega

Post by Ashki »

I would say a combination of both, plus the fact that he had blood on his eye, which almost certainly triggered her traumatic memories.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. I think part of the strength of Amazons season 2 is this question about Iyu. The fact that there's just enough evidence that it can go either way leaves viewer interpretation to it.

For me, Iyu just seems to be following orders. I'm not really seeing enough of herself in it, and I feel like maybe Chihiro is projecting his hopes and aspirations on her, when maybe they're not there. It's almost like a twist on a love story, where the guy likes the girl, but she doesn't like him back. Chihiro's like "Hey, what's your name, what do you like, what are you into" and Iyu's like "Mission objectives, beep boop bop" and giving him the cold shoulder.

The funniest part of the episode was her going "You're in the way".
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Catastrophe wrote:Oh boy. I thought last episode was gory.

So does Iyu attack Neo because he appears to be about to eat the patient or because she knows there is one target inside and the doctor escaped? It's hard to tell with her.
My take on this question is that when Chihiro got blood on him he started to desire to eat the girl and this triggered pheromones that both the doctor and Iyu picked up on.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I was about to eat a burger after watching this and damn, are they just adding this much gore on purpose
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

This is the second episode in a row where there were points where I just had to look away. I'm no good with stuff like this.

But I'm going to keep watching. I hope they tone it down when the plot comes rolling around though.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

who's the girl in the main page btw?
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

fenrir wrote:who's the girl in the main page btw?
Tamaki Shirai AKA the Amazon bride who devoured her husband and some civvies from the first episode. She was also Chibi-Moon back in the Sera-Myu (Sailor Moon) musicals years ago.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”