KR Zi-O 29 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
62%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 29 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.19 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: Great Guests Combo

DiEnd was great here, I think this is the biggest impact his thieving has had on a story ever. Also, it's fun to see Black Woz become a better Rider as he goes. Even if they're on the same side, it's nice to know that Geiz and Woz still have some baggage that hasn't been dealt with, that needs dealing with at some point.

Feel like betrayer Woz will be revealed to be white woz, but it is interesting to finally learn what Woz and Geiz's beef with each other are.

But as a Blade fan, I was here for these guests and this story. First, I'm glad Amane and her actress is a part of all this. But also, I was moved to tears seeing Hajime and then Kenzaki show up. Just because of how much time has passed and how significant their meeting is in Rider lore.

How about the action for the Blade Riders? THat's the best nostalgia Riders fight yet. Loved the modern version of the Spinning Dance. And could you feel the intensity of Blade and Chalice as they slashed at each other?

A small disappointment from the Zi-O webpage on Another Blade:
Abilities: Wields a big sword

One thing that annoyed me a bit at the beginning is that it appears Tsukuyomi hasn't told Sougo the whole truth about his past. Why keep that secret?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 29 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Not her… NOT HER!! Damnit.

Um, Sougo… Get a job. Kings start down the bottom.

Welcome back to Kamen Rider, Kimito Totani.

Eh-ish backstory Tsuku-chan provided about Oma Woz and Geiz.

Ladies & gentlemen, we’ve lost cabin pressure… The inevitable has begun.

Very good. People can talk about this new Rider form next week after Shirakura told people that they weren’t supposed to know about it on Twitter weeks ago.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

You have this episode saved under Blade in the tracker.
Tassik
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Drive

Post by Tassik »

HD seems to have no seeds, no movement in my download client. Seeder forgot to check perhaps?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's seeded. Maybe you have to restart it since they had to move it from the Blade to Zi-O category.

Oh, my teammate fixed it while I was sleeping. Sorry!
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

You guys are the best, as always. Are gonna sub Rider Time Shinobi and Ryuki ?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The M wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:02 pm You guys are the best, as always. Are gonna sub Rider Time Shinobi and Ryuki ?
Of course!
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

That bit at the beginning with the photos, replicating how the episodes of Blade always ended and faded into that blue fire? I freaked out a little, that's how excited it made me.

Anyhow, this was a super fun episode. I actually don't remember when the last time I saw DiEnd was, but seeing him back to his old tricks with a shiny new blue gun was such a delight. Unlike with Decade, I won't be surprised if Daiki doesn't have any secret motivations behind his actions other than wanting to steal things. If he does, cool, but I'm plenty happy with just him running amuck for the sake of it.

And then there's Blade and Chalice. Admittedly all we really see them do is show up and fight each other, but it feels like a lot both due to how long it's been, how meaningful it is due to the way their show ended, and also how rarely that happens in these tribute episodes! That said, I do find it a bit odd that Hajime lives in seclusion away from Amane and the restaurant. I thought the whole point of Kenzaki leaving and becoming a hermit was so that Hajime could peacefully live with his loved ones. Maybe he's just going through a phase, I dunno. Or maybe he's only been away for a week and being turned into an Another Rider has just made Amane really needy.

A part of me rightly should be questioning why doesn't Another Blade make Kamen Rider Blade not exist, but I never liked that rule so I'm honestly more than happy with the show just outright dropping it at this point so we can see our old favourites actually do stuff.

That all being said, I think the ultimate point of this arc is going to be Geiz and Woz reconciling their differences and learning to work together, and that's going to reach a pretty extreme state by the next episode, judging by the preview! I don't expect the show's eventual explanation for why Woz defected to Oma Zi-O to be particularly good, but as of right now I'm going to assume they became best friends and Woz's ultimate goal is to make sure his king's past self gets to lead a happier life than the one his future self got.
Last edited by BreadToku on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

BreadToku wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 am That bit at the beginning with the photos, replicating how the episodes of Blade always ended and faded into that blue fire? I freaked out a little at how much I liked it.

Anyhow, this was a super fun episode. I actually don't remember when the last time I saw DiEnd was, but seeing him back to his old tricks with a shiny new blue gun was such a delight. Unlike with Decade, I won't be surprised if Daiki doesn't have any secret motivations behind his actions other than wanting to steal things. If he does, cool, but I'm plenty happy with just him running amuck for the sake of it.

And then there's Blade and Chalice. Admittedly all we really see them do is show up and fight each other, but it feels like a lot both due to how long it's been, how meaningful it is due to the way their show ended, and also how rarely that happens in these tribute episodes! That said, I do find it a bit odd that Hajime lives in seclusion away from Amane and the restaurant. I thought the whole point of Kenzaki leaving and becoming a hermit was so that Hajime could peacefully live with his loved ones. Maybe he's just going through a phase, I dunno. Or maybe he's only been away for a week and being turned into an Another Rider has just made Amane really needy.

A part of me rightly should be questioning why doesn't Another Blade make Kamen Rider Blade not exist, but I never liked that rule so I'm honestly more than happy with the show just outright dropping it at this point so we can see our old favourites actually do stuff.

That all being said, I think the ultimate point of this arc is going to be Geiz and Woz reconciling their differences and learning to work together, and that's going to reach a pretty extreme state by the next episode, judging by the preview! I don't expect the show's eventual explanation for why Woz defected to Oma Zi-O to be particularly good, but as of right now I'm going to assume they became best friends and Woz's ultimate goal is to make sure his king's past self gets to lead a happier life than the one his future self got.
hajime x kenzaki was one sad thing to watch but inevitable due blade lore, im suprised too with chalice being away from amane etc

geiz & woz becoming friends or something like that is much to digest, we learn that woz was the responsible to oma zio genocide spree, this leave scars on "maybe" good guy persona of woz.

imo woz redemption or goals gonna lead in save sougo from becoming oma zio because seeing schawartz plan, probably OMA zio is a thing created or induced by time jackers, so woz redemption gonna be fight for keep sougo free will/liberty whatever timejackers gonna screw to stupid sougo become demonic king oma zio

leave all riders trinkets/watchs unguarded was a nice touch of reality, so far zio and geiz are the only 2 dumb enough to had henshin devices stoled, 555 doenst count because faiz drive passed by almost all crew lol.

white woz ipad bothers me because have so much power than i really cant imagine why he dont use to handicap fights in favor of another riders etc like he did before to "stolen back" his watch and defeat zio.

white woz walking around with geiz revive and zio II is just "wtf?" why dont just take in ocean, destroy, give to ryu something like that(character so bland and stupid then i cant remember his name even besides his appearance in last 2 or 3 episodes ago) become another zio II, destroy whatever? these watches gonna back to hands of goofy duo by magic like usual.

tsukiomy keeping the truth about scharwatz dont make any sense, this type of thing just destroy any try of construct her char.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Diend, my liege! How wonderful to see you again - please don't steal my stuff...

Blade is one of the few seasons I haven't watched anything of yet, so I'm not really familiar with all the characters. The girl is one of the original Blade cast as well, right?

By the way: I hate to be that guy but just to point something out: Even though "Neo" is written on Diend's new Attack Ride cards, I believe the Driver doesn't actually say the word "Neo" for any of them. So really, at 9:04, the subtitles should just be saying "Invisible" like they always used to.
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

BreadToku wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 am A part of me rightly should be questioning why doesn't Another Blade make Kamen Rider Blade not exist,
All the other Another Riders were created the same year as their respective series. But Another Blade was created within the same 24 hour period as the rest of the episode's events. She's Another Blade 2019, not 2004. So her existence isn't overwriting past events.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

JustiFanV2 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:40 am By the way: I hate to be that guy but just to point something out: Even though "Neo" is written on Diend's new Attack Ride cards, I believe the Driver doesn't actually say the word "Neo" for any of them. So really, at 9:04, the subtitles should just be saying "Invisible" like they always used to.
Uh, I didn't put that in the translation, what the hell
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I absolutely loved this episode. I love the fact that instead of going back in time to change the stories of past riders, this is a continuation of a story instead. It's also quite telling that I can appreciate the hell out of that without ever seeing Blade before.

They are seriously ramping up White Woz's dickishness aren't they? And speaking of Woz, I'm sure there's more to the backstory between Black Woz and Geiz. Still, I enjoy their chemistry, especially since it's effective, even if they don't like each other. It's quite telling that since the four of them got together, the character development has gone through the roof.

Did anyone else get Sailor Moon S vibes when the Zio II and Geiz Revive ridewatches started reacting to White Woz? No? Just me? 'Kay
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:39 pm They are seriously ramping up White Woz's dickishness aren't they? And speaking of Woz, I'm sure there's more to the backstory between Black Woz and Geiz. Still, I enjoy their chemistry, especially since it's effective, even if they don't like each other. It's quite telling that since the four of them got together, the character development has gone through the roof.
I was totally confused by this. It seems absurd to me that at no point up to now had Sougo ever asked Tsukuyomi or Geiz "Um, do you guys know this weirdo with the book?" when the three of them all showed up on the same day.
Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:39 pm Did anyone else get Sailor Moon S vibes when the Zio II and Geiz Revive ridewatches started reacting to White Woz? No? Just me? 'Kay
Not while I was watching, but now I am! Would that make Sougo the sovereign of silence? Or, will a near death experience cause a sword, a mirror, and an orb to come out of the bodies of Tsukuyomi, Geiz, and Sougo?
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

This is my favourite episode of Zi-O so far. The pacing, the story, the fight scenes, the character moments - they all seem to be very on point. I love how they got back the same actress for Amane, and because I'm a huge fan of Blade and the story, seeing this episode continue the story of Blade after it ended (without any weird time/history maniplation) just starts off the episode on a very nostalgic note for me.

I like how the episode splits the story into two parts and not have them all messy - there's the Geiz and Black Woz half of the story and there's the Sougo and Blade's story. Seeing Hajime transform into Chalice just sends such a nostalgic chill down my spine. I know not everyone loves Blade, but I do. I love the season, and it has such a tragic, bittersweet ending to it that stuck with me to this day. I've always wondered what will happen if Chalice and Blade see each other again - until now it has only been playing in my head but who would've thought I can see it happening on screen. Oh and the moment when Kenzaki steps on screen - looking all ragged and badass - and his transformation to Blade has got to be the coolest I've seen him do. He's been walking the earth as a loner, away from his friends and everyone he knows for over a decade now - his rugged, worn out look suits him so much. I can only hope we see more of Kenzaki next episode, and have him and Hajime talk it out with words - not fists. I would love for them to revisit the character moments between these two. That would've been awesome.

For some reason, I just feel like this episode was written & directed by someone who truly love & understands Blade. It has got all the points a Blade fan would love.

Now, onto the other stuffs. Kaito was a treat this episode as well. He just shows up out of nowhere cooking lunch - a little cool easter egg to this first appearance in Decade and proceeds to steal all their watches. I laughed out loud when Geiz and Sougo realised they got screwed over. I hope Kaito sticks around a little longer and not just for an episode or two. Last I remember he and Decade got off on the wrong foot again at the end of the Super Sentai crossover - I hope the two meet and reference that again.

We also got a nice backstory between Geiz & Black Woz. This feels like a nice setting up for their future character moments, and I'm intrigued as to what happened in the past (or future, as Sougo cleverly puts it) with Oma Zi-O that made Black Woz turn tail. He did say the plan was to go undercover and gain his trust - could it all be a part of his long, elaborate plan? Is coming to present day, making sure Sougo turn into Zi-O still also part of the plan? Maybe it's also part of the plan to betray his comrades in order to make Geiz & Tsukuyomi come to present day, knowing they will be able to sway Sougo from becoming Oma Zi-O? It's a long shot theory, but who knows?

Last but not least, the fight scenes are so enjoyable this episode. DiEnd is obviously overpowered at this point and I like how he summons mostly the Neo-Heisei riders to showcase his new Driver. The pairing of Knight & Baron is cool - I always noticed their similarity when I was watching Gaim. Also the summoned Riders seem to do much more in the fight than they usually do back in Decade - I could be wrong. The Geiz & Woz pairing is pretty funny to watch and the Blade vs Chalice scenes - they're the real gem.

All in all, a solid 5/5 episode. If only Zi-O can remain being this good for the remainder of the season.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”