Ryusoulger 12 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:24 pm

★★★★★
40%
★★★★
20%
★★★
20%
★★
20%
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 12 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 4.33 / 5 (6 votes)

Alt Title: You get burning

Looking back, it might have been good to have had translated honban as Action! Like how movie directors' go "Ready, set, action!"

Suddenly here's the green and black guy. What an entrance?

Uh, were they making a meta joke about how the bad guys just stand around in random places having conversations? If so, I'm not sure it landed.

What's with the Ryusoulger writer, he's kinda punchy in this episode with the jokes. I'm not sure how I feel about them since most of them don't seem to land for me.

Huh, I know I want Ui to be more of a character, but not this way. Not this wayyyy. Seriously though, this scene would be way better if Ui has had ANY sort of meaningful interaction with the heroes... I like how the effects creator didn't trust kids to realize that the character was a fake, so they kept splicing in footage of the monster.

I'm not mr science guy, but does heating up steam really make it a lot hotter?

The new head is cool, but I honestly can't tell if Dime really adds anything interesting to the mecha body. A lot of these designs are kinda amorphous in my mind.

Feel like this episode suffers from role reversals. "Blue, you carry the enfeebled fireman back to base while me and my kickass brother fight the monsters." I feel like they don't know what to do with Bamba now that he's no longer the harsh pragmatist. Giving him the "heat up the steam" thing seems like that would have been more naturally a blue role, if not for the fact that he wouldn't have done anything in the episode otherwise.

"Hey guy I haven't seen since high school. I don't know what your circumstances are (except I do in a creepily deep way), but here's how I think you should live your life."

What? This is where you introduce Gaisorg? God damn it. You tease this in the Saikyou Battle special, then don't introduce him for 3 month?

Not a bad episode, but there's a few head scratching decisions that went into it. Again, I wish there were a more natural relationship between the Ui family and the Ryusoulgers with each other. Also, the Dimevolcano mecha powerup being a red-only thing sucks.
Preview spoiler
Wait, what is this world building? Didn't Koh say he was hella old too? The Prime Minister is a young woman?
I don't think Ryusoulger is a bad show, but it's like seeing someone who has potential to do more, just sit home and watch Youtube all day. Like if look at this, what if you showed this to a person without the shitty story and characters:

Kind of badass right?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 12 released

Post by Lunagel »

Last episode I didn't know who was the Minusaur parent and so I took a gamble and went for something that sounded kinda like what Wiseru says. I mean, I doubt you can make a Minusaur from a Druidon, but after that treasure box episode who tf knows. So yeah, we're kinda hampered in translation sometimes by not knowing what something's supposed to mean until after the fact.

FFS Ui... I mean, I guess they're going for a 'wow her jokes are so bad it's funny" kinda vibe but.... they're not. They're not even so bad they're funny, they're just not even jokes. It's not funny because we're not sure what the joke was or even if it was a joke. Kyouryuuger's Nossan did a lot of jokes too, but his made sense. Ui is just irritating at best.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, hope that didn't come off as a criticism. It was just me commenting aloud. And as much as hindsight is 20/20, Action wouldn't have totally worked since Wiseru had a line in the last episode that wouldn't have gone as well with that.

I didn't really like Nossan's sense of humor, but at least they were actual puns...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Nah, I mean sometimes you get things right and then sometimes you wake up at 3 AM and go FUCK I SHOULD'VE USED THAT OTHER THING
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I've come to accept that this show is flash over substance and go in just expecting a fun spectacle first and foremost. Of course, I'd hope it won't be like this all the way to the end, but at this current point I'm honestly no longer disappointed if the story or character moments of the episode are lacking meat. Though I do think it's a shame because there are a lot of genuinely funny moments in this episode like Tyramigo's antics and failed quiz attempts at the beginning, or Koh's struggle against the illusions followed by Melto's despair when Koh finally managed it. It's just that if I felt just a little more connected to the characters, they would land all the better.

This episode's format is pretty interesting actually, in that all the action takes place across one extended giant fight. Of course, it's when we get our new mecha debut where it really takes off. I gotta say, seeing the mech swing around actual flaming weapons really made my eyes pop. Even that explosion where the monster was defeated looked much more intense than usual.

Anyhow, Gaisorg is confirmed to be in this show. I look forward to when they break him apart and out comes KyouryuGold. ...I joke but I actually am completely expecting our sixth ranger to be inside that armour.
Last edited by Lunagel on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I totally forgot Gaisorg was a thing.

The robot combination is pretty cool. The fight itself was a bit lame.
DarkSwordsman
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by DarkSwordsman »

At 15:15 shouldn't the text be in blue since Melto was speaking and not Towa?

I'm watching the SD version.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I chuckled at the Melto being cut down part. I wish they didn't come back to the joke. Them addressing it ruined it. Aside from that. I'm still not finding much about this show to like and I'm just watching it to watch it.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”