KR Zero-One 21 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:34 am

☆☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
6%
19%

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 21 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.63 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: This episode is an objection!

I enjoyed this episode a bit more than last week. The strongest point is definitely the Aruto/Fuwa stuff. Fighting together and that bonding despite past antagonism is nice. Please let Yaiba play too.

The rest of the stuff was okay, but again, I'm super bored by this setup. I assume the mysterious lion isn't the prosecutor, since that'd be too formulaic, but it feels like a very predictable next evolution of the formula.

Also, not enough fricking Komiya Arisa. I assume she'll play a bigger part in the next episode.

President Thousand started off alright, but he's just falling deeper into cartoonish villainy. What's the point of the lawyer Humagear starting to lose control only for him to pull out a Magear belt and force him to transform? You realize that completely nullifies your stance on Humagears, right?!

3/5 stars, please let someone else write this series

Edit: Also, introducing a perfect lie detector to a fictional story is like adding time travel. Any time there's a problem, why not just use the perfect lie detector? Why doesn't Izu have a perfect lie detector installed?
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Zero-One 21 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

I honestly wanted to like this series, but ever since the introduction of Mr. 1000%, it went downhill quick for me.

My memory is crap, so bear with me, but wasn't it mentioned that an "update" could be installed to make it so the Humagears don't go out of control and yet... here they are following the formula (well introduced from this stupid "Trial/competition" crap) and the update is ignored.

And the Aruto gags are fine as they are "altered" but then the whole "1,000%" definitely doesn't change, "99.9% win percent, "Oh, you don't mean 999%?" like get that outta here.

As take mentioned: "What's the point of the lawyer Humagear starting to lose control only for him to pull out a Magear belt and force him to transform? You realize that completely nullifies your stance on Humagears, right?!" I'm with you here, 'cause before, didn't he at least get a bit mad when he first discovered the competition was "unfair" when crap probably the first competition? and the guy rigged it, he got a bit mad that it was unfair, right? Now he kind of purposely angers them to go out of control.

Again, I really want to enjoy this series as I do like the main people (apart from Mr. 1000%) but with how it's going at the moment, it's making it really hard for me to enjoy it with just how dumbed-down it's become with it's flaws.

[I rarely post about episodes, so this goes to show how much I'm starting to dislike it]
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm here with you. It's disappointing because the first quarter was relatively really good. It's a let down.

Good observation about Mr. 1000 not just being badly written, he's also being inconsistently written. Changing his moral stance, values, and beliefs to whatever is convenient for the scenario they want. And it's been Takahashi Yuya writing this entire arc since it started in ep 14, so it's not like different writers are not communicating with each other.

I think being given too long a spanse to write an arc is bad, since it exposes his weaknesses as a writer. He's basically thrown Yaiba away. Goodbye Yaiba, you were kind of interesting till you got sidelined! So just add her to his list of badly written female characters.

It just feels like we're killing time until the next toy upgrade is introduced. I mean, there's ways to write good filler. Like no one does anything interesting in this plot. Have Aruto and Izu do more to help the Humagears. Maybe they could use that as an excuse to visit Yaiba for her expertise, then she'd have a conflict of interest going on. Speaking of Yaiba, she says she'll do all these investigations, so show her doing them... And obviously we need more Fuwa/Aruto/Izu interaction because as it's shown in this episode, it's pretty good. Fuwa feels conflicted about Huamgears, but his best friend's girlfriend is a Humagear. The drama! Anyway, those are just some of my suggestions.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

It's episodes like these that make me wanna destroy something.

So where's Mystery Person? & what happened to that time when Fuwa had it on the trail??

I do hope Komiya's character isn't the true mastermind behind that swindling case.

Ah. No wonder why P-Bandai started that Abs Muscle item.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:08 am Ah. No wonder why P-Bandai started that Abs Muscle item.
Buy our plastic junk now!

But yeah, given the lack of imagination, it's pretty obvious that Komiya is the lion... I'd love to be proved wrong but nothing about this arc has really surprised me.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Have to agree that the setup for this episode was better than the last arc. Izu pointing out that the challenge is one sided because of how the Japanese justice system was nice. If it wasn't so obvious that the police detective is probably the raid, then it would be nicer.

Again, Gai fucks up the episode. The Humagear is already going berserk (didn't they have an update to prevent this?), he pulls a belt out to force the transformation. Shouldn't this be an arrestable offence by AIMS? This is the part that makes no sense for me.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

I'm gonna guess the lion is actually that officer who fuwa ask to check on the gaia spec, maybe just bad acting but that guy's face just look suspicious somehow
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

If there aren't bigger ramifications immediately in the next episode from Gai pullimg out the terrorist hacking device and corrupting a humagear like that, then that whole scene at the end is going to go down as the most bone-headed move on the parts of the writer. Yeah, I get Gai is the villain and he's doing evil things, but he shouldn't be capable of doing so much ridiculously illegal things with no consequence (Ironic considering this episide focuses on the law and justice system).

Outside of the trial stuff, things are very slowly coming together as Aruto finds out the reason for the last few humagears going berserk. I really hope that combined with Gai being at his most ridiculously shady (and what I see in the preview...), means this whole conflict with ZAIA is coming to a head next episode, and thus ending this competition set-up earlier than they led us to believe.

I would not have mind as much the last five episodes turning into purely the Aruto vs Gai show if it helped show insight or develop either of those two characters much, but really everyone has just been sidelined in favour of characters-of-the-fortnight which isn't a great feeling especially when I still know so little about characters like Yaiba and Horobi
satoman
Gao
Favorite series: Danger 5
2nd Favorite Series: Zero-One
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: pumpkin seeds

Post by satoman »

I'm just waiting for when Aruto and Gai make up and teamup to face the final arc... Or I mean Ark? It's taking too damn long.
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by DeMatgic »

I have a friend watching this series and she complained about how the MJ.net arc was too formulaic
Boy is she gonna enjoy this arc /s

Honestly, I would be genuinely surprised if Aruto somehow did appeal to a Magear and have them fight the corruption/hacking, but considering what Gai ended up doing, that's not gonna happen this week. Not really much else to say about this episode that others haven't said (why would Gai use the Zetsumeriser out in the open, how was Houou Soldier Bingo getting hacked by Ark, etc.) and that I haven't said in prior episodes (what the hell does Gai even gain from doing this stuff so openly etc.)

I will add as a personal thing that it's still kind of weird seeing Sentai alumni in KR (and vice versa) as someone who watches the former more often. Though considering how I basically dropped Ryusoulger....
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So Horobi is reactivated and not just in Fuwa's head.

The fact that Fuwa was really fast on the scene where Aruto and Leo Lion were fighting is another clue that Naki might be Fuwa.

Aruto and Fuwa need to have an intervention on Yaiba on her enabling behavior towards Gai. And, Fuwa just needs to straight up arrest Gai using the memory data of Izu as evidence.

If Aruto is never able to talk a mageer back into being a humageer then he is going to look like the biggest baka in many a season.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The strange thing is, that before this arc, Aruto never hesitated to destroy a berserk humagear. You could argue that the last two did it on their own, but this one used the belt, so you'd figure he wouldn't fuck around with this one.

The most annoying thing this arc is the different characterisation of Aruto. He's turned into a full moron.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

I know there’s quite a bit to complain about this episode but can we appreciate some of the smaller moments. I think one of my favorite moments is Fuwa wanting to force open the earpiece on the ZAIA and then Is responding by saying you can’t force it open and then asking Fuwa if he thinks he’s a gorilla
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

CaptainTalon449 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:42 pm I know there’s quite a bit to complain about this episode but can we appreciate some of the smaller moments. I think one of my favorite moments is Fuwa wanting to force open the earpiece on the ZAIA and then Is responding by saying you can’t force it open and then asking Fuwa if he thinks he’s a gorilla
Loved that part. More good interactions between the characters. Please!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Fuwa and Aruto are pretty much only human characters that actually interact with each other at this point.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”