Ryusoulger 47 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:11 am

★★★★★
62%
★★★★
15%
★★★
15%
★★
8%
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 47 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.78 / 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Take the Blue Pill to forget this shitty series

That was Luna's title, not mine.

I actually really liked this episode. It did a lot of crazy stuff and it never got boring or tedious or annoying.

Then the ending. Everyone gets to make their speech and its packed with emotion. I'm going ahead and guessing that the end of this episode will be the emotional high point for the series.

It's also nice that they brought back Nada and even gave Ui a little nod even though her actress left the series. Now this is what a Sentai should look like:

Now for my notes:
Why is Ui here?
Huh, why is that guy that died back?

Wow, Koh sure killed a lot of people

Who's piloting the robo?

Oh man, did they really just nuke the city and kill all those people? That's pretty harsh considering this sentai

Also Asuna and the tentacle monster

Oh, Luna's right. That is a weird CM break. The audio cuts off a second before the footage stops

I'm seeing some Matrix vibes with the people pods

Is Melto presenting?

Hey... what happened at the end of the last episode anyway...? How are we at this point

What's wrong with gold guy?

Oooh. Canalo is a Matrix traitor

Oh we're repeating this entire part post CM. Filler~

Ooh, Asuna finally gets a juicy moment. What a real crime that she hasn't had more throughout the series. I'm so god damn glad that this moment wasn't given to Koh for some reason

Oh, the whole team are getting moments. Nice. Is the green guy going to get a line?

Poor green guy.

Who's Isosaki?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 47 released

Post by Lunagel »

Matrix.

It's the fucking Matrix.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!

THE BEST YOU COULD COME UP FOR THE FINAL BOSS WAS TO FUCKING WHOLESALE RIPOFF THE MATRIX?!

WHO THE FUCK OKAYED THIS BECAUSE I NEED TO GO RIP OFF THEIR BALLS.

Bamba is still semi shirtless and I am okay with this.

Couldn't even bother to get the raw footage for Ui's bit, just used the broadcast footage from episode 1, lazy editors

Just remember Canalo, if you fuck in the Matrix, you still haven't fucked in real life.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Rip off Matrix and Naruto. Pricious is Uchiha Madara; doing all his hard work to change the world. Yet, gets betrayed and becomes part of the final boss. Heras is Kaguya and the machines powering the Matrix system.

Goodbye Ryusoulger after watching your final episode next week.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Quite nice. Although, it does not convince me as to how Heras got separated from Earth and all. Pretty much this series hardly justifies why we should believe what the characters, especially Melto, said regarding the weakpoint on the villains. But what Asuna and Bamba said, that is just spectacular that I cannot vote this 1 but 5 stars.
decade368990 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:25 am Goodbye Ryusoulger after watching your final episode next week.
This is not so important to mention if you are not watching Power Rangers but Ryusoulgers return in 2021 as the new Power Rangers after Beast Morphers (adaption for Go-Busters). Like Kyoryuger, Ninninger, Go-Busters then Ryusoulgers. Not even two years, there are dinosaurs again. Guess money and profit is everything for a company.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This was really nice, and definitely helped sink in the feeling that the stakes are at their highest right before the end. The dream in the beginning was obviously some kind of illusion but that didn't stop the transition from seeing how dire things were in the real world from really hitting hard. And as already mentioned, I was into the big emotional speeches at the end, with the actors, Asuna and Canalo's in particular giving it their all.

Although I do admit that I did have to squint a little to get invested in the end because it involved Canalo. The scene of Canalo breaking down in hopelessness was really powerful, but it's slightly hampered by the fact that his 'dream' of getting married has always been treated as purely a joke, and I know it was only partially the reason he was devastated, but to tie the big emotional scene to that is still a little hard to swallow.

It looks like the final episode is going to be nothing but a big fight, and I'm all for that.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Is this the most they've attempted to give Canelo a character all season?

Other than that, kind of meh. Did enjoy Melto getting a minosaur made at his instance.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

hiro9796 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 pm This is not so important to mention if you are not watching Power Rangers but Ryusoulgers return in 2021 as the new Power Rangers after Beast Morphers (adaption for Go-Busters). Like Kyoryuger, Ninninger, Go-Busters then Ryusoulgers. Not even two years, there are dinosaurs again. Guess money and profit is everything for a company.
I guess you don't know what my goodbye meant. I was saying the narrative on this series is mediocre. It doesn't leave me any impression at all. So I merely gave my early goodbye to the series with no hard feelings and moved on to something else.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

decade368990 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 pm
hiro9796 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 pm This is not so important to mention if you are not watching Power Rangers but Ryusoulgers return in 2021 as the new Power Rangers after Beast Morphers (adaption for Go-Busters). Like Kyoryuger, Ninninger, Go-Busters then Ryusoulgers. Not even two years, there are dinosaurs again. Guess money and profit is everything for a company.
I guess you don't know what my goodbye meant. I was saying the narrative on this series is mediocre. It doesn't leave me any impression at all. So I merely gave my early goodbye to the series with no hard feelings and moved on to something else.

I feel the same way. Just that I don't prefer to say it.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

In the Kiramager toy CM, is that the same font you guys used for Patran Ichigou?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Looks similar but no.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

While I have numerous (numerous) qualms about how the show got to this point, that was last week's rant. Nothing has changed there, so let's move on to what's new this week.

As noted, they're shamelessly pulling a Matrix. But they're doing it fairly well? Like, this is probably one of the best episodes of the series from a character/emotional standpoint. It's not just one big joke in the end, the actors are giving it their all, and each character's major traits are being used in a productive way. We're in the finale and not every episode could have been like this, but there's certainly a part of me that wonders where this kind of deeper writing was for most of the past 11 months.

There's not much fighting to speak of here. But I have to say, Toei has become rather vicious in recent years. This is the second year in a row they've totally leveled Tokyo in the finale.:lol:

And Melto's dream was right up there in terms of cruelty. The rest of the dreams I could believe; but even that nerd knows that no one is going to find him cool.

Also, I'm really wondering what's up with Checkov's Ryusoul back there... (And Kleon, you need to change your diet if it's that bitter :shock:)
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:11 pm It's also nice that they brought back Nada and even gave Ui a little nod even though her actress left the series. Now this is what a Sentai should look like:
Right? Nada as a whole was never handled well. In part because we never got to see "normal" Nada. It was actually nice to see him for once at the other end of the spectrum, where he's happy and not being fatalistic.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:11 pm Also Asuna and the tentacle monster
Never change, Japan. 8)
Ooh, Asuna finally gets a juicy moment. What a real crime that she hasn't had more throughout the series. I'm so god damn glad that this moment wasn't given to Koh for some reason
Right? That was the other part that surprised me about the speeches at the end; I was totally expecting Koh to hog the spotlight, and that wasn't the case.
Lunagel wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 pm Just remember Canalo, if you fuck in the Matrix, you still haven't fucked in real life.
:lol:
hiro9796 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 pm Quite nice. Although, it does not convince me as to how Heras got separated from Earth and all. Pretty much this series hardly justifies why we should believe what the characters, especially Melto, said regarding the weakpoint on the villains.
Aye. There's really no getting around the fact that the plot is getting beaten around and discarded in order to make things work. It's far from the worst thing they've done this season, but it's yet another instance of something just flat out not making sense.
BreadToku wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:34 pm This was really nice, and definitely helped sink in the feeling that the stakes are at their highest right before the end.
Agreed. Some series really struggle with setting up a creditable endgame. And while Ryusoulger pretty much threw out logic and good plotting to get here, they've definitely nailed the high stakes.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Good god, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger melding of The Matrix with a side of Evangelion like this ever xD
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

So Heras is simply the matrix except organic. And here i thought I was done with the matrix trilogy unless this is the real 4th movie and the original actors coming back was just me imagining things. But on a serious note, it is unoriginal but it's different from other sentais from my somewhat limited knowledge so yay for this series having more original things?

The characters really sell it for me this episode from the emotion, so why can't they keep me interested before except for Banba, whose also shirtless again so neat. better than seeing Koh shirtless again.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

On a side note, Keanu has been spotted in the bay area for supposedly filming the matrix 4
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:22 am
Also, I'm really wondering what's up with Checkov's Ryusoul back there... (And Kleon, you need to change your diet if it's that bitter :shock:)
being a fan of the Dresden Files, I'm well aware of chekov's gun. good point, that will be interesting.

but seriously... you had to go THERE for the joke??? EW. :P

overall, good and bad, felt completely out of place, but then again, the writing's been all over the damn place this year, so I'm just waiting to see wtf happens, and move on.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”