Jamental Lab released!

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jamental Lab released!

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Mashin Talk 1 rating:

Alt Title: Basically rewatched an episode

It was cool learning that the Jamenshi are basically just Bechats wearing masks.

But the rest of the episode is such a useless slog
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Re: Jamental Lab released!

Post by chronoxiong »

What is up with these episodes right now? I'm so lost. Is the pandemic causing for filming issues?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well. That was indeed a clip show. And if I could vote, I'd give it a 2.

Unfortunately this episode relied almost exclusively on past clips, so it was an especially clippy clip-show. There's just no way around it if you're working with the bad guys; you can't film new footage with them.

Meanwhile, kudos to the writers for using jealousy correctly! Jealousy is primarily about something you've lost or afraid you'll lose. Too many people confuse that with envy, which is wanting something that someone else has.

Edit: I just realized there isn't a broadcaster's logo on the screen in this episode. I take it you guys have gone back to the TTFC rips then?
takenoko wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:09 am
It was cool learning that the Jamenshi are basically just Bechats wearing masks.
Agreed. In retrospect it's kind of obvious (how did I not notice the suit similarities before?), but that's a neat touch.

Unfortunately that's the only interesting bit of the entire episode. The VAs are giving it their all, but the material just isn't very entertaining. :?
chronoxiong wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:49 am What is up with these episodes right now? I'm so lost. Is the pandemic causing for filming issues?
Yep. Production has been shut down for the last two months due to COVID.

viewtopic.php?f=249&t=24066
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

This was a 2 episode recap. The writers were digging the bottom of the barrel for this one but I can't blame them since they only have 10 episodes worth of material.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:34 am Edit: I just realized there isn't a broadcaster's logo on the screen in this episode. I take it you guys have gone back to the TTFC rips then?
Indeed!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

As for the preview, it is kind of meta that they were talking about Yellow reliving the same episode again and again ...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

At least no other clip show will ever be as bad as these last two.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

I thought the bits with Garuza inside the mecha could be new footage...?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:04 am I thought the bits with Garuza inside the mecha could be new footage...?
Probably not unless they had some leftover from the cutting room floor, which is possible? I imagine they just used the footage that already aired though.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

And at last, the clipshows are over and done with. We can finally return to the series proper. Though I'm now wondering how the schedule delay will affect the plot going forward? Will things still play out normally, or will they have to cut some stuff out so as to not have the show run longer than normally?
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Zerato wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:08 am And at last, the clipshows are over and done with. We can finally return to the series proper. Though I'm now wondering how the schedule delay will affect the plot going forward? Will things still play out normally, or will they have to cut some stuff out so as to not have the show run longer than normally?
At this point, unknown. But the delay happened early enough in the season that I would not be surprised to see Kiramager end in March like usual.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

My guess on this matter is that it proceeds as usual and less filler episodes? There won't be any more special tv program replacing super hero time segment so often like previous years since mass gathering of anything is strictly prohibited for Covid-19 prevention. If Japan does that, it's really risking another cluster of infection. Not to mention, even as it is, Japan's population is very high, roughly about 127 million (not including deaths and births in the calculation) as of 2020 (from google search), so putting a talk variety show, sports events, tokyo dome city events or parties would be suicidal for another lockdown. One of the newly applied standard operation procedures (SOP) in my country since the recovery and low infection numbers is shops need to record every customer's name, contact information and temperature (if you come as a family, just jot down only one as a representative), preferrably use QR code attendance if possible to avoid less contact, social distancing and wash your hands the first thing you come home. So yeah, recently a barber shop worker/customer was found infected and it is found from this new SOP, hence other customers who go there, presumably from all days when this procedures were applied or just that day need to go for covid 19 screening.

This aside, some people presumed Zero One is going to be only 45 episodes at most before the new series take over. So yeah, maybe 45- episodes for Kiramager?

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”