Kiramager Episode 19 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:32 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
73%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 19 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (10 votes)

Alt Title: Engine Soul Swap

I wonder if they ever used this plot for Go-Onger? Amusing episode. That kid's art lesson moral is bonkers though. Fire is lucky the kids managed to make that collage instead of just a big mess. Truly anything goes in this show, huh?

Notes:
-Oh yeah, green stone is definitely a pervert
-Kabedon!
-Kiramager sure is interested in promoting the message that unusual thinking is okay
-Have the enemy rakes always fired bullets?
-Green dashing in green's body was a pretty fun sequence. Very good motion
Preview for next week
Kakihara is back after 20 episodes? Is she going to be a semi regular now?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kiramager Episode 19 released

Post by Catastrophe »

This is the thing I love about this series. Take a typical sentai plot and go nuts with it. Swapping with the partners was a great idea and them coming to the realisation that they need to treat them a bit better was great.

I'd kill for a version of this episode that has the original actors doing the voices they did for the lines the Machines actors dubbed over.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I was really touched by the deceptively simple message this episode had to offer. Yeah, it's funny to go 'haha Fire encouraging children to make a mess', but the episode really went all the way for it's point about how simply offering encouragement to someone, even if they're not doing things right, can go a long way in making them 'shine'. The team then using that lesson and giving the Mashins the support they needed to win the day was really great (though I would have had some harsher words for Mach!).

I'm fairly certain nothing like this ever happened in Go-Onger or any other sentai with living mecha. All the body-swapping or body-stealing I remember were always a villain hijacking someone else's body, like that time with LupinBlue, or GekiBlue, or DekaBlue (wow this sure happens to Blues a lot)... or that time ShinkenGold got turned into sushi.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

No one gonna talk about Shovellow flossing in Tametomo’s body?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

CaptainTalon449 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:43 pm No one gonna talk about Shovellow flossing in Tametomo’s body?
Just want to ignore that part tbh, because I hate the dance move and didn't want that to get in the way of a pretty good episode.
Preview
Wait a minute, they go around basically flaunting their CARAT uniforms when not working/studying, yet their identities are secret?!
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Another solid 4 episode. It's not anything amazing, but it was consistently entertaining.

I have to admit I cracked up very early in this one, when Smog Joukey was bobbing around. Those mecha suits are so heavy, you don't normally see them making any "extraneous" movements like that.:lol: Otherwise some of the other mashin antics were humorous as well, but nothing topped the mecha fight at the start.

I do have a bone of contention to pick with the moral of the day, however. The mashins don't just praise their partners; as the COVID episode established, they have a wholly unhealthy (and damn near sexual) obsession with them! That's not a partner, that's a stalker!

In terms of production, this feels like an episode that they didn't get to make during the COVID break. Silver was entirely superfluous, and while he doesn't have to be in every single episode, the fact that this episode would have been virtually the same without him makes me think it was originally intended to slot in before his premiere. Also, I find it interesting that this episode doesn't use the core cast all that much; other than Jewel, the core cast is never used outside of the base.
takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 pm -Oh yeah, green stone is definitely a pervert
And yet it's the one thing in the entire episode that's even remotely real-world accurate. :shock:
-Kiramager sure is interested in promoting the message that unusual thinking is okay
Is that what it is? I've always assumed the subversive morals are just the writers trying to be wise guys (and getting away with it).
CaptainTalon449 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:43 pm No one gonna talk about Shovellow flossing in Tametomo’s body?
We don't talk about the flossing...
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 pm I wonder if they ever used this plot for Go-Onger?
The closest I can remember Go-Onger doing was an episode where Hant accidently put the wrong souls into the engines
takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 pm -Oh yeah, green stone is definitely a pervert
Yeah, this episode confirmed that Mach is the only Mashin I don't like. While all 5 have an obsession with their partners, Mach is the only one that takes it to creepy levels. Not helped by the fact that his entire personality trait is "has a sexy voice."
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:39 am
Is that what it is? I've always assumed the subversive morals are just the writers trying to be wise guys (and getting away with it).
Maybe, maybe
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

As for body swapping, I remember Gokai Green and Gokai Yellow swapping bodies.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Aww, I wish we had something like that for our wiki
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I seriously hope the best for Shoei because there's gonna be a lot of simpletons who're gonna tell him to not poke his nose on things he doesn't know.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Zerato wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:28 am Yeah, this episode confirmed that Mach is the only Mashin I don't like. While all 5 have an obsession with their partners, Mach is the only one that takes it to creepy levels. Not helped by the fact that his entire personality trait is "has a sexy voice."
Feels more like a Problem that is founded in the Fact that even thou they are supposed to have different ages and all, they are like most non-humanoids written like Children, that look up to their Partners as some sort of older Sibling they adore, but yeah Mach that ol Sniffer takes it a bit far :lol:

All in all pretty entertaining/silly Episode that made good use of the Swap-Game, apart from the Kid, since there wasn't any explanation for it, I have to asume that prior Art Teachers or Parents were harsh critics on his drawings?
So it was actually refreshing that they didn't solve this with Fire saying something random and the Kid starts drawing, but that he found some other Way in expressing his creativity, that might work better for him.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”