My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 05 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Episode 3's ratings: 3.75 /5 stars (24 votes)
Last Week's rating: 4.32 /5 stars (19 votes)

Fan Sub-title:

I don't know, everything related to Kento feels sloppy and uninteresting. Can we get more of the big greatsword dad?

Oh hey, Karahashi Mitsuru is back again. Always good to see that dude

Pity that Mei and Blades' date took them out of the episode

So are the books compatible by color coordination? Storm Eagle gave Saber a unique form and Hedgehog belonging to Espada makes sense since they're both yellow
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Saber 05 released

Post by Lunagel »

*snore*

I feel like something with Tusk/the girl got cut out because they were doing lottery stuff and then suddenly Mei has a bloody nose or something? What was up with that?

Yes, let's search Instagram with the hashtag #bubble, that's sure going to get useful results.

HI KAIDOU BOY ARE YOU A SIGHT FOR SORE EYES PLEASE BE IN THIS SERIES A LOT MORE
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Buster is a lot more enjoyable now. The rest of the episode was still messy. I did like that the bad guys actually have monster forms. I was worried it would be another Time Jacker scenario where they didn't actually fight.
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

This episode just does not continue where the last one finished. Good episode, tho...
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think I have figured it out now:

Red - Saber
Blue - Blades
Yellow - Espada
Green - Buster
Pink - Mei (?)

This is very confusing for a super sentai show. Why not do a roll call and name yourself by color?

Prediction: The will introduce a female super sentai before Mei to force Mei to do a training montage music video so she can level up.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I liked this one quite a bit. We're settling enough to establish backstory stuff right off the bat for characters, and to get more natural interactions among them. I'm already more invested in Kento than anyone else, since this episode acts as a more proper and standard introduction/focus episode. His personal moments with Touma and Ogami helped a lot.

In addition to that, I think Espada is my favourite design among all the riders so far! The white and golds pop a lot more to me than most of the others, and his zipping around like lightning is especially stylish.

Alright, place your bets about Calibur. Is this a case of brainwashing, an imposter, or that classic "I'm actually on your side all along" that Rider loves to do.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I"m kind of leaning on imposter as of now, if only for the fact that he would have dropped the transformation after the flashback of the dad as there wouldn't be any reason to hide who it is.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

What the heck is wrong with this episode?

Up until now Saber had this strange rushed feeling that I blamed both on the usual exposition dump that plague the beginning of these series and all of the pandemic-related issues. But this episode in particular wasn't even rushed like usual. It felt like there's a lot of stuff that's just straight up missing. What happened after last episode's ending? Did they just fought Calibur off? How did they do that, and, more importantly, why didn't they show that? What was the point of that brief snippet of Mei (by the way, what an annoying character she is) and Blades finding a lottery? What is Blades looking up again? And why Mei wants to join their organization? Why are they in an alley in the next scene and why is Mei's nose bleeding? Why was there no fanfare to Saber getting a new form (and in episode 5 already!)? How did Touma reached the conclusion that there was another Piranha monster and how did they find it? What's up with Desast stating the obvious fact that they want to take over the world and then being taxed as a traitor by the other guy already?

I know that some of my questions can be probably answered with statements like "because bad writing" or "they'll probably talk about it later" or other similar things, but I still feel like there's something wrong here and it's not just poor script quality, awful directing and/or sloppy editing, like it usually is (although these problems are certainly here, for sure). We're in episode 5 and I have only a faint idea of what is going on. I know they'rekeeping a lot of information from us so they can make revelations like they usually do, but this is getting ridiculous, and this episode only made me feel more confused, so much that I had to reactivate my account and discharge my frustrations here!

Anyway, shitty episode. Didn't like it. 1/5 for me.

This better pick it up fast because I really think that Saber has a lot of potential. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for books and fantasy stories, I dunno.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

If no on here had noticed it yet. The arrangement of three wonder book slots in the driver is a mythical creature, a beast, and a fairytale.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Mighty Action X wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:47 pm If no on here had noticed it yet. The arrangement of three wonder book slots in the driver is a mythical creature, a beast, and a fairytale.
Ah! And there's three commanders that parallel those tropes. Interesting

Anyway, I see we're getting a new rider again next week. As everyone points out, man this is some shit pacing that feels like it's rushing to put all the new toys on display
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Galada wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:43 pm What happened after last episode's ending? Did they just fought Calibur off? How did they do that, and, more importantly, why didn't they show that?
Watch Sentai back in the 80s and 90s and you see this a lot.
Galada wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:43 pmWhat was the point of that brief snippet of Mei (by the way, what an annoying character she is) and Blades finding a lottery? And why Mei wants to join their organization?
It's supposed to be a joke that they supposedly found Calibur and pretty evil boy guy talking but instead finding a lottery. Mei just wants to be part of the cool kids club.
Galada wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:43 pmHow did Touma reached the conclusion that there was another Piranha monster and how did they find it?
It probably has to do with piranhas don't feed alone but as a group. It probably was in the same area as the first one.

I'm not going to say it does make perfect sense but it's not completely nonsense.
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

I barely noticed there were two Piranha mosters. That point was really badly explained.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I totally missed that as well.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Galada wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:43 pm What happened after last episode's ending? Did they just fought Calibur off? How did they do that, and, more importantly, why didn't they show that?
Kento used the ability of the Swordriver to teleport someone to a different part of Wonder World last episode. Just like the Golem in the first episode used it on Touma. After that, they just went back to the base. They simply chose to show us this in a flashback.
Galada wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:43 pm
What was the point of that brief snippet of Mei (by the way, what an annoying character she is) and Blades finding a lottery? What is Blades looking up again? And why Mei wants to join their organization? Why are they in an alley in the next scene and why is Mei's nose bleeding?
Comedy, most likely set up in a way for next episode as well as set up that they are looking into instances of the Soap Bubbles appearing since they are connected to the disappearances of parts of the world. Mei wants to be helpful as well. Just like Touma, she is a very excitable person and interested in new things, that was clearly established in the first episode when she immediately started taking pictures of Wonder World. She wasn't bleeding, she was cleaning her nose. They most likely just got into a downpour and were drying up again, indicated by how wet they were and that Rintaro gave her his jacket.
Galada wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:43 pm How did Touma reached the conclusion that there was another Piranha monster and how did they find it? What's up with Desast stating the obvious fact that they want to take over the world and then being taxed as a traitor by the other guy already?
Most likely because Phirania generally appear in swarms, but that's just an assumption. It's not that far fetched. And until now, the Sword of Logos don't know exactly know what Calibur and consorts are planing, just that it involves corrupting Wonder Ride books. On the last one, Desast was just giving away information to the enemy, which is really not something you want, and potentially, the two don't get along. While this is defiantly set up for later, it makes sense from what we've learned until now.

Most of what you complained about can mostly be traced back to you simply missing something, not bad writing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

I don't want to look up the script, but yeah there was a throwaway line that implied there's more than one piranha because they appear in groups

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”