My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 21 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Week's rating: 3.9 /5 stars (10 votes)

Those metal swords look so much cooler than the plastic ones D:

Who drew the pictures for the picture book in Saber this week?

Wait all these people are turning into Megiddo? Where are they? What are the swordsmen doing besides sitting with their swords up their asses?

While the fight between Saber and Slash is good, it feels inappropriately shallow considering they just raised the stakes with many people becoming Megiddo. It just highlights how strained the actual conflict between them is, because really, they've never really had a good reason to fight each other

And it's frankly bullshit that Slash can't tell that from Rekka. If you're a sword whisperer, and you can't tell how freakying earnest Touma is, then you need to get the wax out of your ears because you have no talent for speaking to swords. Touma isn't a lot of things, but he is singled-mindedly virtuous

"Kids, please set your Rekka on fire to play like Touma did"

I don't like this monster's sound effects. It sounds like a baby crying which is pretty disturbing

As stupid as the in-fighting is, the scene of Touma and Slash making up is nice

But yeah, between the action and the reused footage, it feels like very little happens plotwise. It's less "the heroes are pondering their next action" than "I'm going to sit at my base and not do anything till the monster attacks". Admittedly, other Riders are guilty of this too, but it feels explicit here

Remember how in Agito, it felt like the characters did other things in their lives? Like even the police in that story took some time out of their day to eat some fucking food
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Re: KR Saber 21 released

Post by The M »

Thanks for you work! Off-topic: Are you going to sub Rider Time: Zi-O VS Decade and Decade VS Zi-O?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The M wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:15 am Thanks for you work! Off-topic: Are you going to sub Rider Time: Zi-O VS Decade and Decade VS Zi-O?
Yes we are.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

this episode felt more like the ongoing problem ever than before. i was really expecting Touma to pay of his rekka lighting on fire. but a the end the only thing came of it was Luiminous getting his upgrade. Which was weird as fuck. Like the edge me all the way to the girl comming out of the monster and then didn't pay it off like wtf. Like i get it we here to sell toys. but come on like Arggh irittating.

Ahh well but what else is nnew.

side note. 1:15 on the commercial is disturbing as all hell.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Aeikozz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:59 pm side note. 1:15 on the commercial is disturbing as all hell.
Was wondering if it was the Pokemon cm (that's Fujita Ray btw), but it's the girly toku. Have a seat
Hero99
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Zero-One
Favorite Band: Veltpunch
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by Hero99 »

Yuuri's new form is pretty cool, from the previews I got the impression that it was just gonna be colorful armor over the dark suit. While that's half true, the whole 'episode' thing where the light is used in different parts of the body is a neat idea.

Slash basically said Rekka didn't vibrate hard enough but this time it did, which I found confusing? I thought his comment about that last week was talking about how Touma wasn't lying or something. I'm also curious now as to what type of character Tassel will become in the future (the only reason being that he didn't have the usual exagerated speech this time), he'll probably have something to do with The Table of Contents.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's what I though too, but I guess the lack of sword vibration meant Touma lacked passion or something? This time when Touma got angry and the sword lit on fire, that was enough to count? Maybe Daishinji was just pushing Touma to try to get him in better tune with his sword or unlock a new powerup?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I have to say, I liked this episode. I really wish the writers can still make the rest of the season like these episodes.
So, Tassel has some sort of equipment that can turn Yuuri back into a swordsman. What kind of entity is he exactly? Some sort of guardian….?
Lol, it was funny when they were showing that that white-hot metal turns into something that looks like was made out of plastic or some similar kind of material- "the holy blades".
Wait, so Mei will be accompanying Touma to the battlefield every time from now on, even if she isn’t very helpful in fights?
So we finally learned why S.O.L was formed…
What was that food fighter CM in the episode about?
That Megidd was creepy......
The Mei and Touma moments were nice. The only time I felt Mei was sweet.
I’m starting to dislike Daishinji-san…. Even his character isn’t likable anymore… I don’t like cocky or sarcastic people…
The burden of swordsmen… I liked how they explained this bit.
Nice fight scene between Touma and Daishinji-san.
Wow, it feels like the number of people they saved is less than the number of people they couldn’t save.
Did anyone else apart from me see it coming that Yuuri’s Rider form would be themed after that comic book?
Super creepy and strong Megidd, not bad….
Oh, so the food fighter thing was about this week's victim that will turn into a Megidd....
Why was Daishinj-san just standing there instead of helping Touma, even though he had decided to fight alongside him?
Yep, Touma just was eaten up by a Megid. When was the last time the hero was eaten up by any monster?
Lol, the music played while Yuuri’s henshin was funny….
I like the Wonder Ride-“comic book”…(this time, it’s literal!! lol)
The post-credits scenes are kinda annoying me…. The Megidd seriously creeped me out this time….
Not bad. A big improvement from last episode. Really liked Yuuri’s new form. His character has the most potential in the show at this point….
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 am What was that food fighter CM in the episode about?
That woman who lost her husband was played by a bad actress…. And couldn’t they given he husband a name or something? She kept calling him ”A-itsu, a-itsu” (that guy), felt like he was unrelated to her….
The one of the food fighters was the girl transformed into the Megiddo this episode. It was frankly a crap tie-in.

And the one woman said あの人 ano hito. It can be a polite way of referring to someone within your family circle to an outsider. Proper names aren't used all too much in a polite setting.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:49 am And the one woman said あの人 ano hito. It can be a polite way of referring to someone within your family circle to an outsider. Proper names aren't used all too much in a polite setting.
Oh, My bad... :oops:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

This one was both bad and good somehow? The reasoning for the fight between Saber and Slash is utterly stupid, but the feelings involved in it were a heck of a lot more than what we'd been getting from the characters up until this point. Just makes it feel all the worse that they can't put more of that into the rest of the writing at all whatsoever. Yuuri getting a power-up at this stage feels beyond unnecessary, but hey, toy sales. The pacing was actually decent this episode, shockingly enough, though we've seen before that it doesn't last long.

The only legitimately interesting things are what Tassel is doing having so many Wonder Ride books, including one that contains Yuuri's humanity/time as a swordsman, and that the villain boy band compared the new Megiddo being made to Desast and reacted negatively to that. It implies that Desast isn't entirely like them, and that they consider his existence some kind of mistake.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think it's because Desast has the power of the three elements, divine beasts, stories, and creatures. I don't think they've said it explicitly, but you can see that's the case when they flashed his book in the eyecatch last week. Given how treacherous Desast is, maybe it's best not to make more of him
Raziel-Faustus
Favorite series: kamen rider ooo
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider kiva
My boom: eurobeat
Quote: What is today but yesterdays tomorrow

Post by Raziel-Faustus »

not gonna lie i did enjoy the episode even with the fact that it took a fight the fact that slash listened/made up with touma is neat feels like were making progress yuuris new form is neat

also two random questions cause i didnt know where to put them
did yall quit subbing agito because its being subbed or are yall waiting on a blu-ray
and does anyone have subs for season 2 of dogu chan as yall only have 1 and i can only find raws of 2
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Raziel-Faustus wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:23 pm did yall quit subbing agito because its being subbed or are yall waiting on a blu-ray
and does anyone have subs for season 2 of dogu chan as yall only have 1 and i can only find raws of 2
Oh, I'm just being a bum. Up to 17 is in final qc. Luna's checked her portion of it off weeks ago, I just need to g et on that.

Unfortunately we never did season 2. It's too bad since Momose Misaki is cute
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kodai_Shoujotai_Dogoon_V
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

I cackled at the plastic swords thing
Finished: