大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by 大変身 »

「天の道を往き、総てを司れ!」
"Walking the Path of Heaven, to rule it all"

Plot
Seven Years prior to the series, a meteorite crashed into the site of Shibuya causing the Enemy Race of Kamen Rider Kabuto known as "Worms" to appear in Shibuya. Seven years later, a man known as Tendou Souji comes to the stand to fight off these Worms while protecting Japan and protecting the people he cares for.

Main Characters
Tendou Souji (天道 総司): "The Walker of Heaven, Ruler of All," at first glance, an arrogant man who does his own thing, at heart, he cares for the world he lives in. He has a tendency to quote his Grandmother. He also lives with his sister, and is Kamen Rider Kabuto. One day while carrying Tofu he ran into.....

Kagami Arata (加賀美 新): An agent working at ZECT, the Organization of the Series, he was originally going to be Kabuto's User until he was cock-blocked by Tendou to fight the Worms, he tends to get himself into trouble alot of times and usually ends up being saved by Tendou. Passionate at heart, he'll sometimes be stubborn about things, and the majority of the time, dumbfounded by what Tendou does. Not only does he work as a field agent for ZECT, but he also works at the Bistro La Salle with....

Supporting

Kusakabe Hyori: Works at the Bistro La Salle with Kagami, she was involved with the Meteor in Shibuya 7 Years ago and thinks that the her parents were murdered by a person with a belt.

ZECT
The Organization of the Series

Yuzuki Misaki: The technician that works with Kagami and a "by the book" woman.

Shuichi Tadokoro: Kagami and Misaki's superior.

ZECT Troopers: Think the Army, but with gun/sword arms and bug heads

Enemies

Worms: The Puddies of the series, they've arrived from the Meteorite that crashed into Shibuya 7 years prior to the Series. They have the ability to mimic other people, but not before killing off the original person first. When threatened, they are able to molt their skin and take on a new shape and are able to faster than man itself.

Devices

Zectors: Created by ZECT, they are required to be able to transform, when the correct switch/button is pressed, they're able to shed off their Masked Form and use the quicker form known as the Rider Form, while in the Rider Form, they Rider Users are able to "Clock Up" which are the counter to the Worm's quick speed ("and are able to move faster than any ordinary man"). Also when the right switch is pressed, the Finisher activates which is usually the final move a Rider does before destroying the enemy.

Trivia

- Since the last Showa Rider (Kamen Rider Black RX), this is the first time in Kamen Rider to actually say "Rider Kick" before initiating their finishers.

- This also marks the 35th anniversary of Kamen Rider.

- The main Rider, Kamen Rider Kabuto has the same insect motive as another Showa Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider Stronger

- Both main characters, Tendou Souji, and Kagami Arata have meanings to their names.

Reasons to watch

- The Main Character, Tendou Souji is portrayed by Hiro Mizushima, who has other MC roles such as in the Drama, Zettai Kareshi. You can see the distinct difference in personalities between Tendou Souji and his other character in Zettai Kareshi.

- If you remember the Showa Riders, this Kamen Rider will bring much nostalgic to the original Riders and will show similar concept to the Showa Riders with a mix of the Heisei Riders (Showa Riders being any Rider that isn't from the year 2000 and Heisei being from anything after the year 2000)

- The Rider Kick....

For the lulz

after you're finished with the series, read this tv trope article and laugh about how true it is

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... iderKabuto will contain spoilers
Last edited by 大変身 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Twitter
iamawesome.com
Djoe
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Agito, Kabuto, W
Dreamy: Akiyama Rina
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by Djoe »

大変身 wrote: Zectors: Created by ZECT, they are required to be able to transform, when the correct switch/button is pressed, they're able to shed off their Masked Form and use the quicker form known as the Rider Form, while in the Rider Form, they Rider Users are able to "Clock Up" which are the counter to the Worm's quick speed. Also when the right switch is pressed, the Finisher activates which is usually the final move a Rider does before destroying the enemy.
Spoiler
There are 11 Zectors in this series, including the movie.....
Aren't they zecter, not zector?
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Does it really matter so much? The people will find out if they watch.
I lost The Game!
Morrisex
Adventure
Favorite series: showa riders
2nd Favorite Series: heisei riders
Dreamy: Mari-chan Naomi-chan
Favorite Actor?: myself
Favorite Band: kamelot
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: my girls

Post by Morrisex »

Kabuto it's the first Heisei series i've seen and i loved it, made me want to watch all other Heisei Riders *_* i always suggest to watch 3 Heisei series, and Kabuto is the first choice :)
KAGGGGAAAAAAAAAAMI!!!!
Tatsulot
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Tatsulot »

u watch the first episode and you will get sucked into the vortex called Kabuto.

Spoiler
there are many plot twists tht make this show interesting and fun to watch
Ore, Sanjou!

Subete o hakaishi, subete o tsunage......
Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Muzak

Post by Sora124 »

Morrisex wrote:Kabuto it's the first Heisei series i've seen and i loved it, made me want to watch all other Heisei Riders *_* i always suggest to watch 3 Heisei series, and Kabuto is the first choice :)
What are the other two, if I may ask? :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Anime_freek22 wrote:Does it really matter so much? The people will find out if they watch.
What kind of stupid attitude is that?
Morrisex
Adventure
Favorite series: showa riders
2nd Favorite Series: heisei riders
Dreamy: Mari-chan Naomi-chan
Favorite Actor?: myself
Favorite Band: kamelot
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: my girls

Post by Morrisex »

Sora124 wrote:What are the other two, if I may ask? :P
of course u may and the other 2 series from Heisei that i higly suggest are...... Faiz and ......... Bakuretsu Shinku No Kata ops i meant Hibiki ;) but that was anyways my way of thinking before seeing Agito but i didn't put it in it since it's not, unfortunately, a TV-Nihon project, cus from all of the Heisei riders, Agito's the best to me, then comes Kabuto then Faiz and then Hibiki ;)
KAGGGGAAAAAAAAAAMI!!!!

Return to “Show Summary Site”