The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Kamen Rider Hibiki

Post by XIII »

Plot Summary:

Kamen Rider Hibiki is a tale about Oni’s and there battle with Makamou (ancient demons). The main focus of the story is on the relationship between a young boy called Asumu and an Oni called Hibiki, this relationship is sort of based on the Master/Apprentince story, with Hibiki teaching Asumu many morals and skills on their journey through the series. The Oni’s work for a secret group called Takeshi, which has been around for many years, fighting the Makamou with the help of the Oni’s and their weapons that they create.

The main motif for the story is sound and the idea of pure sound defeating evil, with each Oni having a different sound and motif. The relationships between the Oni’s and Apprentices develop over the course of the series with some shocking moments and some glorious ones.

Cast:

Hibiki - Shigeki Hosokawa
Adachi Asumu - Rakuto Tochihara
Ibuki - Joji Shibue
Todoroki - Shingo Kawaguchi
Zanki - Kenji Matsuda
Kasumi Tachibana - Mayu Gamou
Hinaka Tachibana - Miyuki Kanbe
Hitomi Mochida - Erika Mori
Ikuko Adachi - Kaoru Mizuki
Douji - Mitsu Murata
Hime - Sei Ashina

Weapons

Disk Animals – Mechanical animals that fold up to look like a CD, have an interesting use
Ongekiko – Drum Buckle
Ongekibō – Drum Sticks
Ongekimei – Trumpet Buckle
Ongekikan – Trumpet Gun
Ongekishin – Guitar Buckle
Ongekigen – Guitar Lance

Oni Techniques

Ki Tōjutsu Onizume - Claws that protrude from the Oni's fist.
Ki Tōjutsu Raigeki Ken - An electric charged punch/jump kick.
Ki Tōjutsu Senpū Jin - A wind covered chop/flying crescent kick.
Ki Hōjutsu Onibi -The Oni opens its mouth and breaths out a large flame.
Ki Bōjutsu Rekka Dan -Taiko sticks flame up creating a torch flame, which can shoot fireballs.
Ki Bōjutsu Rekka Ken -Taiko sticks flame up creating a blade covered in flame.
Ki Sanjutsu Ressui Gasa - A Taiko stick turns into a defensive umbrella.

Takeshi Vehicles

Gaika - HONDA Valkyrie Rune
Tatsumaki - HONDA Shadow 750
Shiranui - HONDA Element Red
Raijin - HONDA Element Green

Trivia

Orginal called Ongeki Rider Hibiki
Used style not seen in any other series
Riders are called Oni
Features actors who went onto star in other Kamen Rider Series
First female TV rider

Reasons to watch

Its uniqueness of the series makes it an interesting show, the series is not everybody’s cup of tea, but it puts forward ideas that were different from normal Kamen Rider Series, now a lot will say it’s not worth watching, but I disagree, it’s well worth a watch as its unique, cleaver with its plot structure, cleaver with the battle scenes and the way the Makamou were defeated, it even had very touching scenes which you don’t get in most Kamen Rider shows, even the music for the show is awesome, even the theme song is very catchy.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
jillbert
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity.

Re: Kamen Rider Hibiki

Post by jillbert »

The first time I saw the first episode of Hibiki, I wasn't sure where the commercials left off and the show began. *grin* It was so different from what we'd seen before, and remains so different from what's shown since, and I was ever proud of it. Well, until they decided it was too different and gave it plastic surgery. I liked how the male/female makamou used the opposite sex's voice. But Noooooo, they decided that was too weird. Or something. Did they ever give a reason?

Another one for the "shows I miss and wonder how it could have been". All two of them.

Return to “Show Summary Site”