http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger

Post by Tatsulot »

Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger is the 2007 Super Sentai team that was preceded by GoGo Sentai Boukenger and was followed by Engine Sentai Go-onger.

Plot:
A fallen GekiJyuken user Rio revives the evil RinJyuken Akugata in hopes to attain unbelievable strength. He brings back dead RinJyuken users as living corpses. To fight this new evil, Kensei Sha-fu trained two youths in GekiJyuken, Uzaki Ran and Fukami Retsu. Along with Kandou Jan, a tiger boy found near Jyugenkyo, the three becomes Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger to save the world from the Akugata.

Characters: comprise of your protagonists, antagonists and others

GekiJyuken and those related to them
GekiRangers:
Kandou Jan - User of GekiJyu Tiger Ken and the GekiRed, he represents tai (meaning body) in the triangle Shin-Gi-Tai between the three main Gekirangers. He is deemed as the Unbreakable Body and relies on brute strength in battle. He is raised by tigers in the forest near Jyugenkyo and has his own unique vocabulary for various things. Jan controls the Geki Tiger.

His catchphrase after tranforming is "Karada ni minagiru mugen no chikara. "Anbureikaburu Bodi," GekiReddo!" meaning "Infinite power flows in my body. 'Unbreakable Body,' GekiRed!"

Uzaki Ran - User of GekiJyu Cheetah Ken and GekiYellow, she represents shin (meaning heart) in the triangle. She is deemed as Honest Heart and relies on her speed in battle. Ran grew up in a dojo and is the most serious of the three. Ran controls the Geki Cheetah.

Her catchphrase after transforming is "Hibi kore shōjin, kokoro o migaku. "Onesuto Hāto," GekiIerō!" meaning "Diligence day by day, refining my heart. 'Honest Heart,' GekiYellow!"

Fukami Retsu - User of GekiJyu Jaguar Ken and GekiBlue. He is the younger brother of Fukami Gou. Retsu was a former painter but now he puts beauty into martial arts. He represents Gi (meaning technique) in the triangle. He is deemed as Fantastic Technique and relies on the mastered techniques of his GekiJyuken. Retsu controls the Geki Jaguar.

His catchphrase after transforming is "Waza ga irodoru tairin no hana. "Fantasutikku Tekunikku," GekiBurū!" meaning "The great blossom colored with technique. 'Fantastic Technique,' GekiBlue!"

The Seven Kensei:
Sha-fu - Grand master of GekiJyu Felis Ken and teacher of the GekiRangers. He has mastered all three aspects of the Shin-Gi-Tai triangle making him the leader of the Seven Kensei. The Seven Kensei had a vow to never enter battle and to only fight in defense. Sha-fu turned into a giant life-sized cat during the Geki-Rin Rebellion as a result of the forbidden Geki-waza JyuJyu Zenshin Hen. His motto is "Kurashi no naka ni shugyō ari" meaning "There is training in one's livelihood".

When he does fight, his catchphrase is "Kurashi no naka ni shugyō ari. Geki Jūken to wa hibi yoku ikiru koto to mitsuketari. Ferisuken, Shā Fū!" meaning "There is training in one's livelihood. The Fierce Beast Fist well achieved on a daily basis. Felis-Fist, Sha-Fu!"

Your villains
RinJyuken
Rio - User of RinJyu Lion Ken and head of the Akugata. He used to be a student of Sha-fu and friend of Gou.

When he enters battle, his catchphrase is "Takeki koto, shishi no gotoku. Tsuyoki koto, mata shishi no gotoku. Sekai o seisuru mono, waga na wa Kurojishi Rio" meaning "As purely fierce as a lion, as powerful as a lion. The one destined to rule the world, my name is the Black Lion Rio."

Mele - User of RinJyu Chameleon Ken and second in command of the Akugata. She's madly in love with Rio.

When she enters battle, her catchphrase is "Rio-sama no ai no tame ni iki, Rio-sama no ai no tame ni tatakau rabu woriā. Rinjū Kamereonken tsukai Mere!" meaning "For Lord Rio's love I live, for Lord Rio's love I fight as his love warrior. Confrontation Beast Chameleon-Fist Mistress, Mele!"

RinRinShi - Your basic monsters in this series

RinShi - The minions, basically your putty patrol.

Gadgets:
GekiChanger - The GekiRanger's henshin item.
GekiTonfa - GekiBlue's primary weapon
GekiTonfa (Long Baton) - GekiYellow's primary weapon
GekiNunchuck - GekiRed's primary weapon
GekiTouja - Primary mecha of GekiRanger, composed of GekiTiger, GekiCheetah and GekiJaguar
RoboTough - GekiRanger's training android

Trivia
It is my first super sentai that I have seen that does not use sidearms such as guns. This series is based off many things like Dragon Ball Z and other famous martial arts figures.

Reasons to watch:
1) A lot of hand to hand combat for kung fu junkies out there
2) It focuses on both the heros as well as the villains
Ore, Sanjou!

Subete o hakaishi, subete o tsunage......

Return to “Show Summary Site”