Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Rescue Fire 22 released

Post by takenoko »

Just an okay episode. It's hard to not compare it to Rescue Force's episode about the weather girl. Of course, Rescue Fire does it's own thing and has a girl who's kind of a total bitch. The focal point of the episode seems to be to fix that girl's personality. Chuukaen and the typhoon seemed almost like afterthoughts.

Compare this to Nao Nagasawa's portrayal as a popular weather girl who kind of becomes a potential love interest for the main hero. Different spins on a similar concept

So... you can beat a typhoon by hitting it with lightning... then crashing a car through it?! Was it really necessary to shoot the car in this one instance?!

910 Hectopascals qualifies this as a super typhoon. Super!
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/w_p ... index.html
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Re: Rescue Fire 22 released

Post by Deka_Hero »

The new weather girl is pretty, but she is no Nao.
I mean, just look at her:
Spoiler

It did seem absurd that a Super Typhoon that would be bringing Katrina Level damage can be beaten by a Dragon made up by over sized rescue vehicles spitting Electricity.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I didn't mind the lightning destroying the typhoon but the chaksou sequence with the Sky team was completely unnecessary. It seems that they had to resort to the long sequences in this episode because I guess they couldn't come up with an additional two minutes of content. I wouldn't mind a scene of Taiga and the weather girl.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Tatsuya is full of gar, as always. It's one of the reasons why I watch this show. Like when he says 'Dragon Charge' and whatnot. ^^
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm usually good about divorcing real-world reality from tokusatsu reality, but living in an area that usually gets hit by hurricanes every year made the whole "erase the typhoon using our vehicles" too much for my suspension of disbelief.

The pace of the second half of this episode was odd. I think it's implied that there's a scene between everyone exiting the cave and getting into their vehicles, but Sayaka's staff popping back up so suddenly felt a little out of place. Even though I like the CGI sequences and think Rescue Fire does an outstanding job-visually with them, it felt like it stretched on forever. It really does help to have at least one intervening scene thrown in, lest it becomes a nearly 5-minute block like it was here.

Taiga's infatuation with the weather girl was amusing, I guess. His "I'm not smiling" line, combined with the expression on his face, was perfect.
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Hah, you have to love how at-mercy toku is to weather. They do a beach episode on a day when it's cloudy, and now we've got a typhoon episode when it's sunny, so they had to put a filter over the camera to make things look darker. Gotta love it.
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

Nice twist with their "Weather-Girl episode".

I never thought about this until now but, why is it the Jakaen can only sense fire instead of...shooting it at will? All that fire demon magic and they can't ignite a twig in their hands. :?

This is how I rationalize the typhoon being defeated:
About half of the typhoon is water. Water conducts electricity, so that halted the typhoon. About half the typhoon is wind and wind can increase flames, meaning that flaming car + typhoon = doomed typhoon. Makes perfect sense, right? :)
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

^Maybe only Don Kaen has enough power to produce fire instead of enhancing it like the commanders.

It was nice to take a peek into the secret world of Taiga.

Tatsuya's level of patience with Sayaka was admirable. I don't know if I could have kept my cool with all of her constant whining.

I was surprised to see a few boats being ripped apart in the typhoon. It is too bad they didn't up the ante and put a cow in there.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

The Rescue Fire Crew has been sensible about the stock CGi use but remember when the Dashs had there symbols light on fire, that to me could have edit out all the scrambles and ride ins

Taiga wins the Obsession for Whiners Academy Awards

ENTER NEW STREET FIGHTER; HOMURA TATSUYA
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”