Fire!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Three Commanders Special released

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's another special adventure of Rescue Fire along with some more toy commercials.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Three Commanders Special released

Post by Arigomi »

I guess when the competition is Toei with their Super Sentai and Kamen Rider toy lines, aggressive marketing is necessary for survival. Takara Tomy didn't hold back in using every trick in the book to try and create interest for the Rescue Fire toys.

The diorama story at the end felt like a reference to the show's Tomica Hyper Series roots.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I actually liked the toy commercials better than the Special itself. I guess that's probably due to it not being the "full" version for reasons explained later. I also skipped most of the Flame Demon stuff since it was basically just reused footage from earlier episodes.

I'm not one of those people who says "JAPAN IS SO COOL I WISH I LIVED THERE" because I don't (though I wouldn't mind visiting), but still, Japan has some pretty cool stuff. That Battle Racer game looks really neat. I mean, I'd play it.

I kinda wish that the gattai stuff at the end would show up in the show. That Powerful Falcon was awesome.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, quite honestly I feel the same way. Put up with the stock footage to get to the good stuff, I guess

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”