HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Rescue Fire 26 released

Post by HIDragonstar »

takenoko wrote:Heh, heavy rusted useless blade. Way to reorder RyuKenDo and turn it into a sword. RyuKenDo X Sazer-X?
Well, both are done by Takara Tomy. At least we know from Rescue Force that its the same 'world', since they had spots in the Rescue Force Movie. I wonder if they actually put a 'connection' RyuKenDo is a swordsman connected to a Blue Dragon, here we have Rescue Fire-1 who's RyuDoKen sword is connected to a Blue Dragon via Asuka. Don't Tell me! Jamanga and Jakaen are connected? Next thing we know, the Cards they use are actually connected to Madan Keys. Look at all the cool stuff they can did with the Keys also.

Although, I still have problems with an old sword merging with the suit they wear. It seems that this was a bit contrived and I almost think they just had to find a way to 'power up' Fire-1. Interesting that Rescue Force was more of a 'Tech' based enemy, while Rescue Fire is more of a 'Magic' based enemy.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

BoukenCobalt wrote:
takenoko wrote:Not really. It was ultimately explained to be nanobots
I seriously hope you're not pulling an MGS4 joke there.
Nope. Batsu really was said to made from ancient evil nanobots.
Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

Post by Alkaid »

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:
takenoko wrote:Not really. It was ultimately explained to be nanobots
Nope. Batsu really was said to made from ancient evil nanobots.
Which, as we all can assume, must have come from ancient evil computers.
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm probably guilty of overthinking it, but the "ancient magic sword merges with modern technology" premise did bother me. I think they did an admirable job of explaining how it was possible, but it still felt a smidge too forced compared to some of their earlier plots and storylines.

It didn't help that my gut reaction was that Fire 1-X was kind of ugly. I'm sure, like most designs I don't immediately fall in love with, it'll grow on me. It'll just take time.

I took the opposite stance earlier in the season, but now I'm starting to feel a sentai influence creeping in with RescueKing's cockpit. It's a much different feel from the vehicle-within-a-vehicle that had become the trademark of the Tomica Hero mecha controls.

Yeah, I absolutely misread "RyuDoKen" as "RyuKenDo" the first time it popped up on screen. Best chuckle of the episode for me.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”