Fire!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Rescue Fire 26 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Will it be V-Day for Rescue Fire as they take on the Jakaen at their home base or will everyone burn in the biggest Extreme Fire ever?

Spoiler
Apparently, Asuka is the brains of the Taiga family as she figures everything out. I guess I can say that the RyuDouKen is so magical that it had the ability to evolve with Tatsuya to something that he could wield. I like the design of Fire-1 X along with the RescueKing. A bit weird that they went back to using Rescue in the vehicle names as every other vehicle/combination didn't have Rescue in it for Rescue Fire. Poor Ukaen, Sakaen, and Chuukaen being forced to help Don Kaen to make up that wonderful dragon.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Rescue Fire 26 released

Post by takenoko »

A power-up episode, who doesn't like that? I actually didn't like how bulky Fire-1 X looked, but I guess I'm okay with it now. Suit design kind of reminds me of Faiz.

Rey's new battle theme "RescueKing" is pretty rocking. So far they're two for two with "Rescue Dream". I have to admit that I've seen the CGI battle at the end several times now already

Heh, heavy rusted useless blade. Way to reorder RyuKenDo and turn it into a sword. RyuKenDo X Sazer-X?

Despite all this, I feel like putting on my overthinkingit cap:
Spoiler
On one of the overthinkingit podcasts, one member brought up that a show is more believable if it doesn't ask the viewer to accept fantasy/sci fi on too many axises. Like Terminator asks you to accept that robots exist. Or Harry Potter asks you to accept that magic exists. Well, in this episode, Rescue Fire asks you to accept a magic sword that magically works with the new combined robot that is also making its debut. It's cool and all, but kind of feels thrown together

It all really boils down to the "why is Fire-1 the chosen one again?" Like one person mentioned in a previous thread that he's Rescue Fire's leader, which kind of makes some pieces fall into place (like why Director chose to give him special training for X-Dragon). But at the same time, I've never really felt like Tatsuya's done anything to earn the title of leader, and he certainly hasn't acted leaderly in anything I've seen. It just feels like he has main character bias, and good things happen to him because of circumstance rather than anything he's earned

So that leaves the other characters with running around shooting giant monsters with their hand weapons, since other giant vehicles would probably steal the thunder out of RescueKing's debut. Hopefully they'll find a way to roll the other members back into the spotlight
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Asuka is pretty talented for someone so young. She reminds me of a little Lara Croft, minus the leech lips and softball shirt stuffing.

RescueKing looks great in action, combining the wheels on its feet with the sword slashes for some stylish moves.

Taiga's annoyed look when his brother stole his line was funny.

Once again the episode ends on a little cliffhanger firmly establishing a real story arc.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

RescueKing's theme song is pretty awesome along with the awesome CG battle. As for Tatsuya aka the smiling fool, I think the reason for him being the leader is that he's unusually pure. He doesn't hide his emotions at all. What you see from him is what he's feeling at that moment. There's no hidden feelings of love (Yuuma and Tsubasa) or embarrassment (Ritsuka). Hikaru was the same way in fact. He was unusually pure as well. That's why I think Tatsuya was chosen as the leader but then again, take could be right about main character bias.

I think X-Dragon can combine with the other vehicles. Here's hoping for RescueQueen.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I definitely liked Hikaru better since his main character qualities seemed more justified. Maybe it's just because Hikaru seems smarter?

Speaking of which, I kind of wish the giant robots name wasn't RescueKing. That's a pretty weird name for a rescue vehicle, and it really kind of tramples into sentai naming conventions. It just rubs me the wrong way
Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
My boom: Qsuke!

Post by Alkaid »

The first thing I thought of after seeing the new Fire 1 was one of the banners that randomise in the forums of a gold "Ranger" with an X on his helmet/design. (I'm going to guess that it's from Go-Onger, but I could be totally wrong there.)

I did like the episode as a whole and having an actual rescue in the episode (I guess if you could call it that with Qsuke and Asuka) brought things together.

I also really like the RescueKing intro song. :D
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

Warking111
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: KAMEN RIDER

Post by Warking111 »

I almost thought the series ended :shock:

here's to more gattai in the future :lol:
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

love how firedragon doesn't do any really fancy transformation, just parks itself in the middle and grows a head xD
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Yes, RescueKing's theme is pretty awesome.

Actually I'm trying to figure out how all this stuff is fitting together. Rescue Fire overall seems really magic-based in a way, since I guess we can assume that they knew about Don Kaen from archaeological digs, hence why they formed Rescue Fire just in case he ever came back. The blue jewel around Asuka's neck obviously plays a part in this, and remember that blue dragon that appeared in the dig site that looks suspiciously like the dragons that appear during the chakusou/Final Rescues.

The question is how did they harness this power, and does any of it fit in to what's going on now? Rescue Force was a bit different than this in that they were just created to take care of really big emergencies and just kind of fell into the whole fighting evil robots by chance.

I'm also kind of skeptical of the whole "Hey this sword you found totally works with this new gattai we have, even though we never knew the sword existed!" I also get bugged when someone gets a complex new toy and automatically knows how to use it despite never having wielded it before. Tatsuya did it with X-Dragon in the last episode (somehow knowing X-Dragon's Final Rescue name despite never having seen it) and now he's doing it with the X-Basher too. I suppose it could be explained away as his soul being one with the legendary hero's, and since the hero knows how to use the sword, Tatsuya kinda knows through proxy.

I suppose complaining about how silly that sword would have looked in however long ago the past was for the legendary hero would be pointless as it's meant for toy sales, but it still bugs me. The Jetcalibur honestly looks like what I think the X-Basher SHOULD have looked like.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Even Rescue Force had an evil mystical force at work but it's more obvious in Rescue Fire though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Not really. It was ultimately explained to be nanobots
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

yeah this episode was sweet i was still expecting more out of the Fire 1 X transformation though I still think R1 Max is better. But Rescue King is sweet although i don't see the point of it having to transform into Robot Mode and then having to transform again into Rescue King. I think they should have split Fire Dragon down the middle and have the back attach somewhere else on Rescue King it just seems out of place to have the whole of Fire Dragon as the chest. Rescue King's Final Rescue is pretty sweet though but why does he have to do Dragon Charge in order to use X-Crush? Also love the new insert song for Rescue King.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

kaemmerite wrote:
I'm also kind of skeptical of the whole "Hey this sword you found totally works with this new gattai we have, even though we never knew the sword existed!" I also get bugged when someone gets a complex new toy and automatically knows how to use it despite never having wielded it before. Tatsuya did it with X-Dragon in the last episode (somehow knowing X-Dragon's Final Rescue name despite never having seen it) and now he's doing it with the X-Basher too. I suppose it could be explained away as his soul being one with the legendary hero's, and since the hero knows how to use the sword, Tatsuya kinda knows through proxy.
That made me question the whole genre of these shows. How the Hell is it that they automatically know almost everything about a new weapon (except how it looks inside) and can work it perfectly?! Then, sometimes, there's a some kind of training sequence so that the character(s) can learn how to use it, "properly". If they killed the enemy with the new weapon fresh out the box, doesn't that make training moot?! If someone like Tatsuya could figure it out, nobody else should have a problem, right?
BoukenCobalt
7X
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin poses

Post by BoukenCobalt »

I'm sorry, but, doesn't ANYONE else feel that this episode was forced? There was barely any foreshadowing in previous episodes (ruling out the tablet) that lead up to this one, and the name RyuDouKen (hah, RyuKenDo) wasn't even mentioned until now. Like, all the foreshadowing had to be squeezed into it. And then Tatsuya gets beaten to a pulp, thinking that he can't save anyone ... who the hell was he saving, anyway? Asuka? I'm pretty sure she'd be fine getting out alive; she seems to be a smart girl. And where'd the earthquake come from again? Oh, and actually, it was as if Tatsuya magically knew that everyone else was in danger and stuff.

C'mon, Tomica, get some better writers at least. This stuff is all dodgy and the scene transitions are quite a mess. I don't even know if the awesome CG can hold up to the below-average quality of writing.
takenoko wrote:Not really. It was ultimately explained to be nanobots
I seriously hope you're not pulling an MGS4 joke there.

Oh, and you think F-1X is bulky? I was about ready to expect RescueKing to fall back from the TOTALLY unchanged FireDragon. It feels like it just got shoved in there and the extra length towards the back would completely topple it over. This is the growing pains of Japanese children's programming; terrible gattai designs. I mean, can't the back pop off, too? Make it like GrandLiner from GoGo-V and put the ladder-half on RK's hand.
The truth about deviantArt:
Spoiler
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I personally don't mind the lack of foreshadowing. Overused, it can end up as a crutch that ruins the element of surprise.

I was under the impression that Don Kaen was causing the earthquake because it started the moment Don Kaen got mad. The RyuDouKen was used to seal Don Kaen so I suspect that Don Kaen's true power remained sealed as long as the sword was still stuck in him. When the sword was removed, Don Kaen's powers started to fully return and he got mad. The large energy source that was detected by the Rescue Eye was most likely Don Kaen causing the earthquake.

I doubt that Asuka could've escaped on her own since Don Kaen quickly spotted her snooping around.

I don't think it's hard for Tatsuya to know what is going on with the others. Taiga is in constant communication with them so that he can give order and give them updates on the situation.

Except for the DragonLadder, FireDragon doesn't disassemble into smaller parts because of the Dragon Attack mechanism and associated electronics in the toy. RescueKing doesn't topple over because the front portion of FireDragon extends from the chest to act as a counterbalance.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”