Wiki Link
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Rescue Fire 30 released

Post by PHurricane »

Cheers for Qsuke's new little brother! I really like GaiaLeon. It doesn't really match the rest of the vehicle motif of the show, but for some reason it still fits in for me. It didn't hurt that, of the three songs featured for the first time during this episode, GaiaLeon's theme was my favorite.

New opening was okay. Not as catchy as the original, but passable. The first time I watched the new ending, I was baffled by its wackiness. After a few watches, I've reached the conclusion that it's pretty cute. I miss the faster tempo of Burning Hero, but the new ending has its own charm. Taiga popping up to growl (after the line about old men being scary) is probably my favorite moment. I also noticed that Tsubasa wasn't as cheerful as the others, but I think the awkwardness in Tsubasa's dancing comes from having to bend down to his child partner's height in that stiff suit. When he's dancing by himself, he looks a little more comfortable.

This episode proved that Taiga is pretty cool. At the same time, I'm relieved that he didn't pop up as Fire-6 and, barring instantaneous magical healing, we probably won't see him as Fire-6 during the course of the series. His role coordinating the battles from the control room is important in its own right without throwing him out in the field.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”