Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Rescue Fire 31 released

Post by takenoko »

Not wanting to lose to Shinkenger's massive clusterfuck, we've got a power-up episode

Spoiler
Holy crap, is Joukaen Solid Snake? How did he get into Rescue Fire's facility without anyone noticing?

Of course, everything combines! But if the main pilot isn't powered up enough, it won't hold together. This is how machines work!

But first, we need a mini-quest to make it viable. Yes, apparently Rescue Fire is now a quest to collection the Dragon Balls

I liked the civilian firefighters who actually tackled a flame demon instead of running away. You don't see that much from the non-heroes.

And I joke about the clusterfuck, but it's not that bad. Great Wyvern is more mobile than it appears to be and it was fun to watch X-Dragon Robo and GaiaLeon tackle SakaChuuKaen before getting knocked away

Edit: I'm glad they're firing all five vehicles. But it's hard to not laugh when they line up in mid air, then suddenly form a line again, then burst out the other side, except this time Dash-1 is last. How is that physically possible?!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Rescue Fire 31 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Joukaen has mind controlling powers as well. Man don't ever let an insane pyro have mind controlling powers. I was wondering why Tatsuya's strength was important in maintaining Great Wyvern GX even though the rest of the team is with him as well. I like it how no one really mentions about Asuka's blue orb when she and Taiga's brother were explaining the blue orbs. Once again, the design of HyperSaenChuuGattaiEn was pretty awesome looking.

I learn long ago not to question physics in these types of shows. You only hurt your mind.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:Edit: I'm glad they're firing all five vehicles. But it's hard to not laugh when they line up in mid air, then suddenly form a line again, then burst out the other side, except this time Dash-1 is last. How is that physically possible?!
Magic. Or, not, since this is primarily a technology based fighting force. Except for the whole "Rescue Soul" empowerment stuff and now the blue dragons that provide power boosts. So, yeah, magic.

Anyway, good episode. Joukaen is shaping up to be a very frightening enemy, in that he has a variety of powers but few exploitable weaknesses. Things should get interesting now that he has free reign while Don Kaen is taking his power-nap.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The "dragon balls" remind me of Samurai Troopers with the kanji for Japanese virtues written on them.

It is useful that X-Dragon and GaiaLeon have their own AI. They can still join in the battle while every else is piloting their personal vehicles.

The multiple target lock during the Final Rescue was cool.

No Hyper Kaen treatment for Ukaen yet? He's been very lucky given the random nature of Joukaen's moods. Sakaen must be exhausted from all of the times he's been forced into Hyper Kaen mode.

I'm curious about the tall appendage on the back of Great Wyvern GX. It took me a while to finally figure out what the GX stands for. The G is for GaiaLeon and the X is for X-Dragon because they are included in the gattai.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

1-UP: Great job, Stinkoman! You got the Green Crystal Shard!

STINKOMAN: Will we ever find all the colors before the bad guy?

Anyway...yeah. I'm just thankful we didn't get a five minute sequence of the vehicles launching, Rescue Fire sure does love to abuse stock footage, so I was almost expecting it. Great Wyvern GX looks okay I guess but it still just seems like "Great Wyvern with a bunch of extra crap on the tail." I liked Hyper SakaChuuKaen, the design of it was pretty spiffy. I also remember making a remark about when we'd see Hyper Ukaen in the last episode thread. I'm hoping the fact that they keep purposely passing over him means it'll be pretty special and awesome when they do use him. And if we've seen Chuukaen and Sakaen gattai, there's inevitably going to be a gattai with all three of them.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

oh god i can see where this story is going. Has anyone played Onimusha 2, yes, well you know the character that was on the blue orb FAITH? well onimusha 2 also had the same blue orbs that you had to collect from your allies and there were FIVE in all I remember them being something like CHASITY, FAITH, HOPE and some others anyone Rescue FIre complete rip-off. But on with the episode: why Great Wyvern GX why not Super Great Wyvern like Rescue Force had Super Rescue Max. The two commander enemy gattai was pretty good i hope they do one with all three of them. also the opening theme isn't bad i just really hate the ending theme can't stand it, damn kids they ruin it but it's still bad, the opening theme also goes well as a FINAL RESCUE music. oh and who was controlling rescue king if tatsua was in great wyvern.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It wasn't Rescue King but rather X-Dragon Robot mode for one thing and it's like GaiaLeon where it can move without being controlled by someone else.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Why Lock On to a bunch of targets when you could just blast everything insight?
I'm still wondering if Fire-3 did anything outside of the mecha.
Dragon orbs are cool but force strict morals that correlate to the kanji now in each episode.
I wonder what Chuukaen and Sakaen will talk about after their little "gattai?"
Great Wyvern GX's mecha battle was just it watering the mountain, smacking Hyper SakaChuukaen. and of course final rescue.Nothing much esle.
This topic has only one page. :| :| :| :| :| :|
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

AeonRanger wrote:oh god i can see where this story is going. Has anyone played Onimusha 2, yes, well you know the character that was on the blue orb FAITH? well onimusha 2 also had the same blue orbs that you had to collect from your allies and there were FIVE in all I remember them being something like CHASITY, FAITH, HOPE and some others anyone Rescue FIre complete rip-off.
Actually this idea predates videogames. Arguably one of the greatest samurai stories, Nansou Satomi Hakkenden, used this idea in the 1800s. This 106 volume epic had each of the 8 samurai brothers carry a prayer bead. These prayer beads contained a kanji character representing a virtue of Confucian/Buddhist philosophy.

These days writers prefer to focus on 5 virtues because the number 5 holds tremendous significance in many cultural traditions.
FirenOh wrote:Why Lock On to a bunch of targets when you could just blast everything insight?
Wouldn't that just destroy the forest rather than saving it? Destruction from flooding/erosion is just as bad as destruction from fire.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Besides the fact that those ice beams would probably kill any humans in the way if they hit them instead

Five shots is better than one shot!

Also, anyone remember BraveLeon? I did, last night. Hohoho, Takara, your whimsical cannibalizing of your old series is as amusing as it is kind of out right blatant XD

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”