Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Rescue Fire 32 released

Post by takenoko »

I think this is easily Rescue Fire's best episode since the introduction of Sky Team. Not that it's the Sky Team's fault, but it seems like the nice team balance that we had from the earlier episodes kind of disappeared for a while

Spoiler
Yuuma channeling the spirit of Yousui from Fuuma?

Liked the guys messing around in Saeki's lab while he talked

Got to love the politics of evil organizations:
Three Commanders: "Let's work together!"
Joukaen staring with frowny face mode: "Divide and conquer"
Two Commanders: "Let's sell out Ukaen instead!"

Random kids shouting "Rescue Fire!" is random

I really liked this episode because even though it's a Ritsuka episode, every body in the team got there own little moment of fame. Maybe the creators were listening when people were saying that there was too much focus on Fire-1 or whatever

It was also kind of interesting to see the people's reactions to their city being destroyed. It helps legitimize the world when they do that

I liked the way the observation that GaiaLeon is big plays a part later in the episode. The writers seemed particular motivated this episode

Kind of annoyed that everyone joined in on the burst part of Leon Burst

Looking at the toy made me realize that GaiaLeon fires four shots because in Great Wyvern mode, those four shots are replaced with the four vehicles. That's what makes it possible to fire all the Dash vehicles in GX mode
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Rescue Fire 32 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

This was a good episode. I loved how Tsubasa was trying to mock GaiaLeon even though he's the same way. Ritsuka cleverly ducking out of Tama-chan's greeting act was awesome. I got a kick when one of the Jakkast pour hot water into the guy's bowl as they were chasing Ritsuka through houses. The writers seem to have fun with the Jakkast like in this episode and the episode where one of the Jakkast fell into a puddle.

Ritsuka and her realization that GaiaLeon was waiting for the enemy to get into an open area was great. Hyper Ukaen look cool like the other Hyper Kaen forms except for the whip ponytail. I couldn't stand that ponytail. The RescueKing sword battle with Hyper Ukaen was well done. So in the end, the great GaiaLeon is really shy. Obviously it didn't get the social AI that Qsuke has.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This episode felt like the Rescue Fire I was enjoying before the X-Basher and everything that goes with it was introduced. Not to say that those episodes were bad, but I really appreciate the effort that goes into an episode like this where all of the characters have a moment to shine.

Yuuma and Tama have some of the most entertaining flirting in toku. Loved the blatant Fuuma reference. There's no other rational explanation for Yuuma to be playing with a yo-yo in that scene. I think Jun was trying to match him in odd behavior. I have no idea what the weird salute thing he was pantomiming in Saeki's office was supposed to mean, but it was distracting.

I was surprised that Joukaen was still wearing his angry face, presumably since he switched in the previous episode. Strange, since his laughing face seems like the more dangerous of the two.

It was oddly funny, but I did not understand the hot water gag at all.

I figured that the rest of the team had panicked over Ritsuka angering GaiaLeon for no reason, but it was nice to see that she really did manage to connect with "him" during their stare-down. Liked the overlapping themes during the final battle. Overall, great episode.
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

i was unfortunately eating supper when i watched this episode, i had a mouthful of pizza when yuuma's little wave and crash came up. i was lucky i kept it all in my mouth i was laughing so hard. there were a few moments like that in this one, it's rare to get more than 1 every episode that makes me laugh like that.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

PHurricane wrote: Yuuma and Tama have some of the most entertaining flirting in toku. Loved the blatant Fuuma reference. There's no other rational explanation for Yuuma to be playing with a yo-yo in that scene. I think Jun was trying to match him in odd behavior. I have no idea what the weird salute thing he was pantomiming in Saeki's office was supposed to mean, but it was distracting.
Yuuma playing with a yo-yo isn't really a Fuuma reference. This was just an opportunity for him to show off his yo-yo skills for fun.

Before he took up acting, Kawada Yu competed and placed in a lot of yo-yo competitions. He is proficient in several different yo-yo contest divisions but he excels at the AP (artistic performance) division where additional props are used in a freestyle. Here are examples of his real yo-yo skills in different divisions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLjgs1SEUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I_K4aKDqt0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8mW76uim9k

I think the pose Jun was doing is an imitation of the four outstretched fingers Tsubasa does as Fire-4.

Qsuke has a lot to learn if he thinks GaiaLeon would ever listen to him.

Ritsuka must be one of those people who say "We're not arguing. We're discussing." Children hate this response when their parents look like they are fighting. I loved how Ritsuka managed to turn Tama-chan's cute act into an awkward looking seizure. :lol: It was nice to see Ritsuka being cute in the "watch again" message at the end.

Tsubasa was funny when he called GaiaLeon unsociable. A classic example of the pot calling the kettle black.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

After watching those yo-yo videos, I see that the tripping is kind of like a trademark of the guy who plays Yuuma. He does it well, I actually did end up laughing when he tripped while waving to Tama.

Ah, and they acknowledged Ukaen's lack of involvement up until now. "You haven't been a Flame Demon yet have you?" Also Joukaen's starting out in angry mode is probably because of his annoyances at Rescue Fire. Despite all his information gathering he still hasn't been very successful in his efforts.

I'm also surprised Tatsuya didn't say anything when Tsubasa called GaiaLeon unsociable.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Ukaen did break the fourth wall when he mention that he will see you next week when he was flying away.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

i liked the shift between Rescue King and Ga, Ga, Ga, Ga GaiaLeon. who knew an ai could be shy. lol yumma just cracks me up whenever he goes gaga over Hana-Chan. i think ukaen had more of a power up when don-kaen gave him power and not when he was a flame demon but i do like his hyper-kaen form.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”