As for who's getting the shaft in episode focus...

Fire!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

As for who's getting the shaft in episode focus...

Post by Alkaid »

IMO, it has to be poor Jun.

We've gotten episodes for each Rescue Fire member (along with their captain, fangirl/cheerleader/waitress, Robot AI and even the Commanders) but it's normally turned out to be 2-3 episodes that focus almost exclusively on a single Rescue Fire member. You could estimate it out to be about 2 episodes per member so far (Tatsuya of course is Mr. Exception, as it is normally deemed) and even Fire-4 Tsukasa has had at least 2 episodes to try to flesh out his character, outdoing Jun's 1 character focused episode (where we basically learn that he has a fetish for photographing the vehicles and starts to call Tatsuya "sempai").

Now, I'm not saying I don't like the episodes that focus on other characters (I'm a big fan of the series and have enjoyed most every episode) but it still seems a bit odd that Jun's been seemingly thrown to the back of the character development pile. Of course, things could very well change here before the series concludes...and that's something I very much hope for. With so much focus on Tatsuya, Joukaen and the X-Basher/"hero of the past, etc", I'd like to see everyone get their fair share of screentime, along with the now garage-filled hanger of semi-sentient vehicles.

But, again....take it all with a grain of salt. I'd love to hear what others think of how the series has progressed and perhaps Jun isn't the only character/vehicle/person to iMHO get the shaft. (Because there is only so many more powerups Tatsuya's gonna be able to take before he breaks, I believe. :o )
Last edited by Alkaid on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: As for who's getting the shaft in episode focus...

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I think part of the problem with Jun is that his roles are all in subordinate positions to everyone else. He's second to Tsukasa, doesn't have any real ties with Fire-2 or 3, and is just Tatsuya's kouhai. I guess that's really no excuse, since even Tama-chan has her own episode. But without any strong relational bonds, it does make it harder to write him a story that integrates the other members

It would be nice if Jun got an episode that gave him more characterization, since he is kind of a mystery compared to the others

Personally I'd like more Fire-3 and Fire-1/Fire-4 love triangle episodes. Has Fire-4 given up on his unrequited love? Will Fire-1 ever develop feelings for Fire-3?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I had been noticing Fire-5 being just there lately. He really needs an episode soon.
Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
My boom: Qsuke!

Post by Alkaid »

True; there are quite a few threads to be pursued further and I'd love to see how the mini-relationships work (or don't work) out. Of course, there's Tsukasa/Ritsuka, Yuuma/Tama-chan, the other 'relationships' that are yet to be fully explored "Fire-1/Fire-3" and the like.

Of course, perhaps there is more to Jun that needs to be addressed (he does wear a Blue Uniform, and we all know our blue friends in Sentai normally do at least 1 time a season, lol)

Before the end of the season, I'd hope we can at least find out more about Jun, perhaps have at least a bit more told about what happened to our friends in Rescue Force and more GaiaLeon. A fun vehicle indeed. XD
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

He is still a bit of a mystery though we do know a feel things about him. Crushing the soda can after losing to Tsubasa during chess shows how he hates to lose. He also dislikes being call "cute" since he is on the short side and has a bit of a babyface.

If Rescue Fire were a family, he would probably be the baby of the group since he looks up to everyone else.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”