Fire!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Rescue Fire 33 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Man those kids are doing things to screw with the Rescue Fire crew. Smack them, Rescue Fire.

Spoiler
Pretending to be Jakkast to get a photo of Rescue Fire Chakusou is like calling the police on a fake burglary attempt. And then taking photos of a giant mecha battle isn't such a good idea when the spill range is tens of miles. GaiaLeon finally acknowledges Tatsuya as a comrade when he was taking punishment to protect that kid. I like the scene with the reflection of Tatsuya showing his other self depending on which form he was in at the time.

I guess the Commanders can be gattaied with other Flame Kaen monsters and with cool-looking results. The WyvernCannon looks very hard to use.
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Re: Rescue Fire 33 released

Post by Aoiblue »

I also liked the part when that kid was looking for his camera. Those tears really made me believe he was crying for real. Pretty great acting from him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

WyvernCannon, to the surprise of no one, looks like Great Wyvern just sitting in RescueKing's hand. To me it seemed like the TV guys were like "hey, look at what we can make the toys do, let's use this in the show!" I don't even see how they're sitting on King X-Basher, which appears to be no where in sight.

I guess it was an okay episode. I didn't really care much for the kids, especially the one who got his camera broken. You can only break the rules so much without getting punished for it
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

Noticed that they added having the characters yell "Tomica Hero Rescue Fire" at the beginning of the opening, similar to how Super Sentai does it.

Nice to see regular Fire-1 wield the X-Basher instead of as Fire-1X.

Camera-boy is definitely a hindrance. I half-expected the kid to start taking pics again even after crying his heart out.

The different possibilities for Gattai-en seems endless. Definitely looking forward to future combinations.

Laughed at how IkaTenku Buster Wyvern Cannon let out a huge gaseous belch at the end. I wonder how the toy version is going to work, since it doesn't have a stand to hold it up.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

burn the kids, burn the kids, they were dumb anyway and were getting on my nerves. i wouldn't trade that big ass sword for some kids. the gattaien was pretty cool a knight with a tail. thought we would've gotten another blue orb in this episode in order to use wyvern cannon, the cannon's pretty crap to X-Crush is way more powerful than wimpy wyvern cannon
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

You'd think after TWICE getting almost killed because of trying to take photos, that stupid kid would learn his lesson, but nope! I even expected, after he got his camera back and RescueKing was getting beaten, to have him say "What a great shot!" and take more pictures.

And yeah, Wyvern Cannon just looked like RescueKing holding Great Wyvern. Meh. Not a bad episode, but I was expecting better.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The shouting of the show's name in the opening was an interesting change.

Ukaen really can't accept being an underling despite Don Kaen putting Joukaen in charge.

I actually like how kids play out in the show. Kids are dumb so they have to be rescued. I would have a problem if they were adults doing these annoying things.

I loved how the friends were arguing about the right way to do the Rescue Fire arm motions. It reminds me of the silly arguments kids get into when playing around. Fast forward years later and we have discussions about whether a movie is OU or AU.

Kids in Rescue Fire are one of my favorite things about the show. They do a really great job at showing a wide range for emotions like sadness.

It was nice seeing a Flame Demon we've seen before put to a new use. It lends a sense of continuity just like how Tatsuya was explaining to the boys about Taiga testing out the Fire Suits.

Joukaen in the "Watch again!" message was a nice surprise.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Not a bad episode. Some surprising moments (the Tatsuya/Fire-1 reflection chakusou) and some cute moments (the kids cosplaying the Jakkast and the Jakkast trying to give Joukaen orbs that were anything but blue). I was expecting this to turn into a full blown boy-who-cried-wolf episode, but it didn't get taken quite that far, which I think was a smart choice.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”