Fire!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Rescue Fire 41 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Rescue Fire's adventures in Nagoya continued with a koala and Tama-chan.

Spoiler
Yuuma just has all the bad luck with Tama knowing Kentarou from childhood. Not even his mighty hunger could get over that initially but after finding out that he was married, everything was okay. Sakaen comes up with a nasty scheme second only to Ukaen's scheme of attacking the orphanage. That koala did nothing to Sakaen and was put through so much pain for becoming a fire demon. Rescue Fire keeps coming up with nasty plots by the enemy.
Hypnotikk
Favorite series: Firefly
2nd Favorite Series: Star Trek Enterprise
Dreamy: Takahashi Rin!!!
Favorite Actor?: Odagiri Joe...
Favorite Band: AKB48!!!
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Tokusatsu!!

Re: Rescue Fire 41 released

Post by Hypnotikk »

Spoiler
Props to Rescue Fire for saving my girls...
Haruka and Yuimin from SKE48...
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

Quick Yuma, before Ken can, propose to Tama-chan...again. Seriously, when are they going to bring that up.

Nice to hear "Burning Hero" again at the beginning, as well as the second verse of the opening during the Final Rescue.

lol at 3:51, Jun was out-of-sync with everyone else while saluting.

I like how one of the Town Mascots is beating up the Jakasts. Any chance these mascots exist in real life?

Tatsuya gets to show-off in front of cute schoolgirls.

"That brings this chapter to a close!"... inb4 *OMG RIP-OFF!!!*

Looks like we'll be seeing the Disaster Prevention command center continuously from now on. Brings a nice touch of reality to the show, along with Hyper Rescue.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

zheyao wrote:I like how one of the Town Mascots is beating up the Jakasts. Any chance these mascots exist in real life?
They are all real. There really isn't a need to create fake ones because you can't visit any place in Japan without encountering one. Bigger cities like Nagoya tend to have multiple mascots with very specific purposes for each.

I wrote about them in my November 1, 2009 post in this thread:
http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=45

I cracked up when the customers at the cafe assured Ritsuka and Tatsuya that the food was good.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Thanks for the background info, Arigomi. The two Tomica Hero Rescue series have been good about incorporating real-life aspects like that to (I would assume) educate the little kids watching the show about organizations, dialects and cultural icons that they might not know about yet. As sad as it is, I feel like I'm part of the target age group since I wouldn't know anything about them if it wasn't for the show.

It was a nice episode. What struck me as interesting is that they probably could have expanded the Koala-plot and the Yuuma-plot into their own episodes, but they chose to mesh the two together. It worked out nicely.

"That brings this chapter to a close!" I did a double-take when I saw that. I'm getting better at recognizing phrases when I'm timing, but I completely missed hearing that.

Oh, Tama. Your chanting was just a little over the top.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

zheyao wrote:"That brings this chapter to a close!"... inb4 *OMG RIP-OFF!!!*
I don't think it was really a ripoff. I think it was probably an homage, or a parody. Even though Rescue Fire is more or less a competitor to Super Sentai I think they probably really do respect it and stuff, the creators probably grew up watching it (I mean c'mon they got Hiroshi Fujioka for R0). So I think that was probably kind of a shout-out.

Anyway it's interesting to see that for the last couple of episodes Ukaen and Chuukaen have basically been minding their own business and not really trying to stir up trouble. I wonder if it's just because they don't have a superior to give them a plan, or if they're setting up for the kind of change of heart the androids went through in Rescue Force.
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

^Wasn't really saying it's a ripoff. Just referring to this thread, that's all. Besides, you just know someone's going to make that accusation (one certain person comes to mind). Granted, discussion in these threads have been somewhat... quiet for a while. Seriously, more people need to watch this show.

@Arigomi, thanks for the confirmation and info. I just knew something about them were real (I didn't realize how common mascots were). Guess I'm like PHurricane in that I feel like I'm part of the target audience, lol.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

the koala ain't so cuddly anymore now is it and if it's flames won't kill ya that noise sure will. funny on how no one gave a crap about the whole three jakaen commanders just taking a stroll in the zoo. i feel jelousy coming on with yumma-san.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

lol at Yuuma being jealous. That food at the end looked so weird O_O I loved how they simultaneuosly bow their heads.

Poor Koala, he didn't do anything wrong and Sakaen transforms him into a Fire Majin.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

kaemmerite wrote:I don't think it was really a ripoff. I think it was probably an homage, or a parody. Even though Rescue Fire is more or less a competitor to Super Sentai I think they probably really do respect it and stuff, the creators probably grew up watching it (I mean c'mon they got Hiroshi Fujioka for R0). So I think that was probably kind of a shout-out.
Actually, the phrase is a reference to the TV series, Toyama no Kin-san. The hero would mutter it after bringing down the villain of the week. They're actually both giving a nod to the same thing. (Of course, I just know this from spending too much time on TV Tropes, so...)

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”