Wiki Link
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Mebius 14 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

So, it's been a LOOOOOOOOONG time since we last did a Mebius release. I checked, the last time we released something was in April of 2009. So yeah, almost 3 years now. Wow.

We've actually been working on this for some time now. But some issues cropped up, which led to the delays. Hopefully the issue doesn't come back to bug us, and that I have more time to translate the remaining episodes. Don't expect the show to be released on too regular a basis though.

But all that aside, here's a giant insect that Mebius has to fight off today. Also, Teppei becomes a man in this episode.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Re: Mebius 14 released

Post by archer9234 »

I don't even remember what the hell is going on the show anymore. At least it's progress, lol.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

It was sad to find out Cpt. Serizawa's actor passed away (apparently suicide from my Googling...). He provided so much to the feel of this show.

Love seeing this blast from the past, with the typical TVN great quality. This is a show that just gets better and better and better.

Archer, just a quick recap: after decades of no monster activity (because this series is back in the original continuity in the intervening time, all the fun has been happening in spin-off dimensions, like in Ultraman Tiga) the Ultra people sent a rookie Ultraman to guard Earth. Just as he arrived, a big space monster came in, lured by an even bigger space monster (Bogal). The entire Japanese giant monster defense force (GUYS) was wiped out in that first incoming attack, except for one promising hot-shot pilot who ... did NOT become Ultraman. No, Ultraman Mebius did what no other Ultraman did before him: he came in for a perfect landing without colliding with anyone else and necessitating bonding his life to them. He micronizes himself and takes on human appearance using his Mebium bracer, which acts also as an energy blaster. So a rag-tag group of talented misfits is formed around the one surviving GUYS member, along with Mebius who somehow has gotten fake ID (but Capt. Serizawa sure keeps a close eye on him). (Serizawa, though, is another one who just showed up mysteriously.) But, one of the former GUYS roster people shows up alive and the host for a ROGUE Ultraman, Knight Hunter Tsurugi. At this point in the series we've basically gone through all the initial setup, the fight between Bogal and Tsurugi (now Ultraman Hikari) and a several character focus episodes (like this one, which affirms Teppei is in it for the haul). We're just on the brink of hitting the longer-term plot.

This series is really pretty hilarious. The "team" has always speculated about Ultraman with the human host there, but in this case since Mirai IS Ultrman, he's getting an eyeful of what the people of Earth really think of his help. And of course, he's quite the fish out of water. But he has the Superman "World of Cardboard" problem. He's not really human, and he retains access to his superpowers in human form (scaled down of course) and has to be careful to not manifest super-hearing better than Marina's, or super sight/reflexes stronger than George's, or know space language better than Tepei ("Your accent's pretty good!")

So, don't worry about being a bit forgetful as to where you are. Someone in the background just switched on the big fan.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Thanks for the recap.

Return to “Ultraman Mebius”