Wiki Link
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Ultraman Mebius and Ultraman Brothers movie released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Yes, we finally released it! A big thanks to the QC team who worked on it.

Well, the good part about doing a show after the run on TV is that you can release stuff in a chronological (production/viewing) order. The events of this movie occurs sometime between episodes 15 and 23. It's actually referenced in episode 24, which will be released in due course.

On to the movie proper... It starts off 20 years ago (sometime in 1986, since Mebius aired in 2006), where Ultraman, Seven, Jack and Ace fight off U-Killersaurus, after the events of the Ultraman 80 series. Fast forward 20 years, and someone seeks to revive the Yapool's ultimate chouju (literally "Super Beast"; choujus are weaponized, upgraded kaijus). Mebius sets off to Kobe to investigate the issue.

This is a typical Ultraman movie scenario. Nothing fanciful, no plot twists etc. Basically, main character goes off to fight baddie, baddie wins the first time around, main character gets dejected but learns from defeat, main character wins the battle. It's a simple movie that contains a heart-warming story. It's a family movie - parents who grew up with the Showa Ultramen will definitely feel a sense of nostalgia when watching the movie, kids will be able to enjoy the story too as it's that simple. It does help that one of the key focus of the movie is on a kid too.

You have a heart-warming story, and you have the original actors for Ultraman, Seven, Jack and Ace reprising their roles. What's there to dislike about it? So sit back, and enjoy the movie!
Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Re: Ultraman Mebius and Ultraman Brothers movie released

Post by Ginhoshi »

I think the best part of this movie is that abare yellow is in this movie. :D O and seeing all the old ultra actors again. just sad that leo, astra and 80 is not in this movie. :( but overall it's a pretty fun movie to watch, it's very fast paced that doesn't keep me bored, very simple storyline with no need to over analyze. and it's sad that mebius infinity only appears in this movie, if mebius infinity is all seven ultra brothers, i wonder what's gonna happen if leo, astra, 80 and hikari fuses with mebius. :?:
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I've been watching other Heisei Ultraman movies (including Tiga, Zero, others). And yet it's still a good movie. I like how Mirai has not giving up and become Mebius again. Yup! Yapool is from 20 years ago and I can say that he is the strongest kaiju that ever fought against the Ultra Brothers.

I can say that Ultraman Mebius is the "ultimate form"? :lol: I see... the Ultra Brothers with Taro and Zoffy fused with Mebius. But how could that be?

Finally, i can see the casts of the Ultraman series reunited during the 40th Anniversary. Why is the Ultramens are wearing their formal outfits?

So the actress of AbareYellow is a part of the cast? Yup. and Yapool is actually the voice of Gorisaki Banana (Go-Busters).

Again... it's a GOOD movie, just like Chou Ultra 8 Brothers.

StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

As a long time Ultraman fan, I have no words of appreciation for you guys for translating this. There are too little Ultraman English subs out there.
As per the movie, it was the quintessential Ultraman flick. The plot is simple, with the typical A plot of alien invasion and B plot with a kid growing in some way. It was nice to see the older actors return for this film and later in TV. Digging Temperor, Guts, Knackles, and Zarab out of the closet was also a nice touch
Spoiler
which parallels The Four Heavenly Kings in Mebius
, and Temperor's new suit looks much better/sinister than the original goofy one. Even the plot are similar: Temperor just barges in like in Taro, only this time it didn't work. Zarab uses a disguise and imitates Ultraman, just like in original Ultraman and later appearances. Knackles and Guts use their brains to study and wear out Mebius and seals him in a cross, just like in Seven and Jack.
As per the heroes, the updated rise was nice, though I felt goofy. The scene where the four old ones recount their own trials and tribulations were really touchingly nostalgic, especially the part where Goh recount the death of Aki. Have to say though, when I first saw the film, I was expecting something to save Ultramen, but I didn't see Taro and Zoffy coming.
The 40th anniversary dinner, man, that was real heartwarming to see all the old actors to get together again, mostly the others like Fuji, Annu, and mostly Yuuko.
Spoiler
Gen, Yamato, and Abare Yellow do return later in Mebius, so rest assured. Hikari and Mebius fusion...hehehehehehe~

Just for fun:
From other sources, apparently there was an epic crossover sequel planned named tentatively Mebius and Ultraman Brothers 2, with the plot revolving around Higashi Kotaro, Taro's human host who willingly separated with Taro at the show's end. It would see the return of Leo, 80, Yullian, as well as Kotaro recombining with Taro. Supposedly U-Killersaurus would be revived by some devious yet not named alien for a dimensional crisis. Besides Mebius Infinity
Spoiler
and Phoenix
, Cosmos and Justice will cross over to form Legend again along with Noa for ass-kicking.
That's the draft anyway, which never got to be seen because Tsuburaya went broke, so it'd forever remain a beautiful "what could have been" like Nexus' Dark Lucifer.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Nice touch by adding the Ultra-Act promo pics as the opening splash.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

It's a good movie and they definitely chose some of the funnest/toughest aliens from the ultra series to come back and try to wake up yapool, and that with the exception of temperor seijin all of them had actually managed to capture an ultra, I mean sure Zarab technically caught Hayata but still.
I've been watching other Heisei Ultraman movies (including Tiga, Zero, others). And yet it's still a good movie. I like how Mirai has not giving up and become Mebius again. Yup! Yapool is from 20 years ago and I can say that he is the strongest kaiju that ever fought against the Ultra Brothers.
Gotta disagree with you on that one, Zetton's the only monster to ever actually kill an ultra, sure some may have come close and some may have beaten an ultra but in the end Zetton is still the only one to actually score the kill.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

dekamaster wrote:Zetton's the only monster to ever actually kill an ultra, sure some may have come close and some may have beaten an ultra but in the end Zetton is still the only one to actually score the kill.
Alien Hipporit made the Ultra brothers into bronze statues, so that's like a kill.
Birdon, the testicle-peak from ep. 3, legitimately killed both Taro and Zoffy in the original Taro. The original footage is even in that episode.
Snowgon technically smashed Jack into pieces, but that is a kill.
Tiga is technically dead.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

Tiga wasn't 'killed' in the conventional sense per se, I would think.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

StereotypeAsian wrote:
dekamaster wrote:Zetton's the only monster to ever actually kill an ultra, sure some may have come close and some may have beaten an ultra but in the end Zetton is still the only one to actually score the kill.
Alien Hipporit made the Ultra brothers into bronze statues, so that's like a kill.
Birdon, the testicle-peak from ep. 3, legitimately killed both Taro and Zoffy in the original Taro. The original footage is even in that episode.
Snowgon technically smashed Jack into pieces, but that is a kill.
Tiga is technically dead.
Tiga's debatable. With him the spark lance turned to dust in the final episode but at the same time in the movie Daigo get's it back and is never exactly shown losing it, plus it still being in one piece would explain how he managed to find his way back to japan when right before that he was on a sunken island with no way out.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Are you guys gonna wok for Super 8 Ultra Brothers great decisive battle movie?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:Are you guys gonna wok for Super 8 Ultra Brothers great decisive battle movie?
Maybe. I dunno yet. Anything outside of Mebius and Ginga is for later consideration. These two are top priority.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

If you guys consider it then how can I say is thanks a millions. I rather not watch nor support other subs until you guys working on it. Hopefully to watch it on end of this year or not late February next year.

Return to “Ultraman Mebius”