Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

Re: Yes! PreCure 5 - Episode 01 Released

Post by Alkaid »

You should be able to jump in just fine, since it's the start of this part of the series. There were 3 series before it (being Pretty Cure, Pretty Cure Max Heart and Pretty Cure Splash Star) but besides the 1 movie, they really don't interact much at all so you should be fine. :D
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

takeru81 wrote:And btw will there be a HD release?
I asked and didn't get any response, so I'm guessing the answer is "no". Sorry! Anime scales pretty well, anyway
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

anyone else find the audio a little tunnely or was ti just me. great show anyway, hope to see more, i like the magical girl shows, i love powerpuff girls z and i'm at episode 17 of sailor moon which i've been meaning to start watching again. i'm also stalled on gransazer ans garo 3. i have every episode of all these shows i just havn't watched most of them yet.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
Charmy
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Charmy »

gmottl wrote:anyone else find the audio a little tunnely or was ti just me.
I'm also finding the audio to be a bit lacking on the quality side. No one mentioned it so I thought it might just be me...><;

I'm also wondering something...I know the term "Precure" has been used time and time again by fans but I thought that was just cause they were to lazy to type out Pretty Cure each time and since it sounds so close to the original when spoken. Is the term Precure in anyway official? Cause everytime I see the world Precure they are clearly saying "Pretty Cure". o.O
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Charmy wrote:I'm also wondering something...I know the term "Precure" has been used time and time again by fans but I thought that was just cause they were to lazy to type out Pretty Cure each time and since it sounds so close to the original when spoken. Is the term Precure in anyway official? Cause everytime I see the world Precure they are clearly saying "Pretty Cure". o.O
Well, according to Wikipedia at least, the title is read as "Yesu! PuriKyua Faibu", so I'd say PreCure at least considered a legitimate abbreviation. I think the OP uses both, too, but my hearing might just be funny.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Since the PreCure series airs right after Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, it feels right that TV-Nihon is taking part in this joint project.

I find it interesting that the romantic love interest turns out to be a false setup.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Charmy wrote:Cause everytime I see the world Precure they are clearly saying "Pretty Cure". o.O
I think you're mishearing. Even in the spelling in the show name, they use the abbreviation.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

Wow this show is great.
Also what is the last show that is shown with Super hero Time?
P.S. If you want I would be willing to QC
ImageImage
Charmy
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Charmy »

takenoko wrote:
Charmy wrote:Cause everytime I see the world Precure they are clearly saying "Pretty Cure". o.O
I think you're mishearing. Even in the spelling in the show name, they use the abbreviation.
Really? Hm, I suppose that makes it official. But I still can't stop hearing them say pretty cure no matter how many times I listen...are you sure they aren't saying it in full in the actual show and maybe just decided to abbreviate it for the title? xP
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

http://asahi.co.jp/precure/

The katakana is pu-ri kyu-a

Pretty would be Pu-ri-tii. It's only one syllable extra, so I can see how it'd be confusing
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

Apparently I can't read. Yes, now that I look closer it is Karen. Sorry, my eyesight got the better of me.
K.o.R
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by K.o.R »

Thanks for the subs, it's nice to see this show getting some attention.

My only criticism is the subtitle positioning - having them jumping all over the place to coincide with the speaker's position is really distracting. It's not like people are in any doubt as to who is speaking :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

We actually do that for our deaf viewers, since they literally cannot tell who's speaking sometimes. Just give it a few episodes and keep an open mind and I'm sure you'll get used to it. It benefits hearing folks too!
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

With regards to PreCure/Pretty Cure. I know the old subs of the show used 'Pretty Cure' when 'PreCure' was used in the Japanese, and that's certainly an acceptable way of doing it - it is, after all, an abbreviation. However, as the OP song does choose to use both "PreCure" and "Pretty Cure" separately, we decided it was best to follow the split and match the Japanese - we use 'Pretty Cure' when they do, and we'll use 'PreCure' when they do.

As far as I watched into the show, however, I don't think I've ever seen 'Pretty Cure' used outside of the OP song so... eh. Point is, they definitely choose to use one or the other (as from the clips I've seen the first show used 'Pretty Cure' a lot in-dialogue) and this time they've chosen to use 'PreCure', so... XD
ima sugu shutsudoukable
K.o.R
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by K.o.R »

takenoko wrote:We actually do that for our deaf viewers, since they literally cannot tell who's speaking sometimes. Just give it a few episodes and keep an open mind and I'm sure you'll get used to it. It benefits hearing folks too!
Well that explains things like "(sigh)" showing up in the subs as well. In general it's far better to use different coloured subtitles if that level of distinction is required (as is the case for hard-of-hearing subtitles on TV programs). Of course this is where things like switchable soft sub tracks excel (hint hint :D).

Return to “Yes! PreCure 5”