Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Yes! PreCure 5 - Episode 01 Released

Post by Gunzy »

K.o.R wrote:
takenoko wrote:We actually do that for our deaf viewers, since they literally cannot tell who's speaking sometimes. Just give it a few episodes and keep an open mind and I'm sure you'll get used to it. It benefits hearing folks too!
Well that explains things like "(sigh)" showing up in the subs as well. In general it's far better to use different coloured subtitles if that level of distinction is required (as is the case for hard-of-hearing subtitles on TV programs). Of course this is where things like switchable soft sub tracks excel (hint hint :D).
TVN doesn't do softsubs...hint hint
ImageImage
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

I actually like how the subtitles are done. With anime, I've seen groups color code subs and sometimes I can't read them cause they're THE SAME COLOR AS THE CHARACTER. I've gotten used to where I like positioned subtitles.
Miros
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Miros »

Thank you very much for picking up this project. I loved watching PreCure and PreCure Max Heart. Now I just need to wait for someone to pick up and complete Splash Star.
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

Hmm I've always been cautious about Magical Girl series because they all wanna be like Sailormoon and they kinda downplay the themes... Even Precure has never really caught my interest. I mean I was a huge Sailormoon fan (and a straight male). But if TVN says it's good... I'll watch it. :lol:
Soldat Veritas
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

*Has flashbacks to watching Sailor Moon on YTV in the 90's*

Whoa, watching this show was like stepping in a time machine.
If its goo enough to Air after Kamen Riders, its good enough for me.
Bluntasaur
7X
Dreamy: Natsuki/BoukenYellow
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: PANGYA!
Quote: "You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up!" - Chris Rock, Lethal Weapon 4

Post by Bluntasaur »

I'll be honest. This came out of nowhere. I was in the middle of following Shinkenger (and to a lesser degree, KR Decade) and this release hit me in the face like a Rider Kick.

I knew VERY LITTLE about PreCure, except that it was a popular magical girl anime, and that it aired in the same 2-hour block as Go-Onger and KR Kiva.

But a few months back, a friend of mine from an anime con told me two interesting things about PreCure 5.

1. It's regarded by many as the second most famous magical girl anime of all time, second only to Sailor Moon.

2. 4Kids Entertainment had plans to dub the series, but thankfully failed to acquire the license.

I'm actually a big fan of magical girl anime, for two reasons.

1. I'm a sucker for cute, despite being a straight male

2. Sailor Moon was my gateway anime

I saw the TVN release of episode 1, and I like. I look forward to seeing more. If it turns out as good as I hope it does, I may get into PreCure full time.

Just a couple more questions;

1. Does anyone know any sites with good info on the PreCure series as a whole?

2. Have the other PreCure series been subbed by anyone? And if so, by who? I'd like to check out all the past PreCure in order. (Yes, I know. The individual series have nothing to do with each other. But I'm interested to see how the franchise has evolved over the years)

P.S; TV-Nihon did an awesome job with both Akazukin and PPGZ.
Rule 34 of #TV-Nihon:

It is always Decade's fault. No exceptions.
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

Bluntasaur wrote:I'm actually a big fan of magical girl anime, for two reasons.

1. I'm a sucker for cute, despite being a straight male
This is the second time I've seen someone say they like magical girl series despite being a straight male. Is this some sort of trend? The target for a magical girl series is... teenage girls. Not males whether they're straight or gay. I find it confusing to mention this, as if it were really important. I'm a gay male and still like magical girl series. What's such a big deal about it?
Liddo-kun
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Yes! Pretty Cure 5
2nd Favorite Series: True Tears
Quote: Shugo Chara fanatic

Post by Liddo-kun »

@TV-Nihon staff

Thank you so much for deciding to sub this series.
I've just started watching it and discovered that it's only been subbed up to episode 24. And all fansubbers have already stopped.

You guys are my heroes. Image

Return to “Yes! PreCure 5”