2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Yes! PreCure 5 - Episode 02 Released

Post by Magenta »

Wow, it's been less than half a year. Who'd have thought we could be this slow? Well, uh, everyone, to be honest.

Yeah, things got slowed down, but hey! It's ep 2 of...

Yes! PreCure 5

Yeah, forgive me, okay?

In today's episode, mandatory team expansion! This isn't PGSM, ya know. This team builds up FAST! Anyway.

Episode Notes:
  • Let's pick apart Rin's name this episode, shall we? Natsuki simply means a 'summer tree' with the kanji used, but the word natsuki can also mean simply the 'season of summer'. Which works well for miss mandatory fire user, huh?

Rin is generally used to mean 'bell'. No kanji is used for her name, so you can pick whatever meaning you like, though. Other meanings include the Japanese counter used for counting flowers, and, bizarrely, 'cold'. Fun times.

A few things that came up in QC I'd like to clarify. First, we're choosing to use "Precure" over "Pretty Cure" because, well... That's what they're using in the Japanese. The OP shows they can use Pretty Cure if they want, but they're not. So, we shall mimic them.

Also, the organization Nightmare. We were wondering whether it was alright to use 'Nightmares' to refer to it's members, and we decided that, yes, it was. So we've gone for a mix of referring to the organization 'Nightmare' and it's members 'Nightmares' in this ep, and if we feel we ought to be leaning one way or the other later, we can do so. Better to start vague than start firm and turn vague later. :w

Also, Lobster's effects are still really gorgeous.
Anyway, carry on.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
justdave
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Re: Yes! PreCure 5 - Episode 02 Released

Post by justdave »

Magenta wrote:but hey! It's ep 2
Cool! :)
Magenta wrote:Rin is generally used to mean 'bell'. No kanji is used for her name, so you can pick whatever meaning you like, though. Other meanings include the Japanese counter used for counting flowers, and, bizarrely, 'cold'. Fun times.
Counter for flowers might actually be appropriate. Her family runs a florist shop.
Magenta wrote:First, we're choosing to use "Precure" over "Pretty Cure" because, well... That's what they're using in the Japanese. The OP shows they can use Pretty Cure if they want, but they're not. So, we shall mimic them.
Yeah, they get used pretty interchangeably. Whichever one's easier to say in a given context is fine. :) Copying whichever one they use at the time just makes it easy. :)

Congrats on the release!
pan2dapan
Gao
Favorite series: Kyoryuger.Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: W.PGSM.Gekiranger.
Dreamy: Kisaragi Gentarou
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: MCR, Fall Out Boy
My boom: Motorcity
Quote: 'Live Slow. Die Whenever
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by pan2dapan »

I'm so glad you guys are doing this show. It's been the only Precure I've been wanting to watch!
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

Woot, episode 2! Now all I have to do is go back and watch ep 1 so I can remember everyone's name...
darkcat1
Infinity

Post by darkcat1 »

Thanks for doing this guys. I'd pretty much given up seeing more pretty cure subs after the other projects fell apart. So far i'm watching the one man sub of Pretty Cure Splash Star(new guy's doing ok and he's in the 30s and i'm pretty sure he'll finish.)

I saw some other group has done up to episode 20 on this but they are kinda hard to find(I wana see the setup now that i've got a taste) since that project died. Also no one has done "Yes! Precure 5 go go"(the sequel series to this) so you may want to consder if you want to keep going after this(i hope so). Pretty Cure and it's spinoffs are one of my all time favorite magical girl series and I hope you guys can do this up right..and maybe abit faster than six months XD(don't mind waiting..it's just that was abit much and makes me think of lost projects...)
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

My partner in crime talked to the person doing the Splash Star subs, to see if we could garner their assistance once they were done with that - translation is what's slowing us at this point. He was very receptive to the idea, but only if we started from where the other groups left off. It's because those old subs so hard to find I just don't feel right about shafting the userbase here - who are I think more "T-N fans" than "PreCure fans" - and going "Hey, go find some defunct hard-to-find subs to fill in the gap."

We shall perservere, however. If all else fails, I might step up to the mantle myself. Been doing some practice runs on a pet project to get my eye in.
justdave wrote:Counter for flowers might actually be appropriate. Her family runs a florist shop.
Sssssssh! We haven't gotten that far yet, and I have to somehow come up with enough of these segments to fill 50 eps. >.> Deliberately misleading the viewerbase is my only chance!
ima sugu shutsudoukable
stooge999x
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Cutey Honey
Favorite Actor?: Yuria Haga
Favorite Band: Propagandhi

Post by stooge999x »

This is great I'm so glad to see you still working on this show! Here's hoping for more! Thank you guys!
justdave
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by justdave »

Magenta wrote:My partner in crime talked to the person doing the Splash Star subs, to see if we could garner their assistance once they were done with that - translation is what's slowing us at this point. He was very receptive to the idea, but only if we started from where the other groups left off. It's because those old subs so hard to find I just don't feel right about shafting the userbase here - who are I think more "T-N fans" than "PreCure fans" - and going "Hey, go find some defunct hard-to-find subs to fill in the gap."
The original subber of YPC5 that got up to 20 is still around and active in the Precure communities, he just hasn't had time for it and officially abandoned it a while back. I have all the existing subs if you want me to make a batch torrent of them for you to host, and I'm sure he'd give his blessing on making it available again, if you wanted that option.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's not our style to pick up after where other groups leave off. We start from episode 1 and go all the way to the end

If he wants to volunteer his scripts to us, that'd be another matter
darkcat1
Infinity

Post by darkcat1 »

maybe the splash sub guy would help you if you got to 20 but that's a long road. The best I could do would be to scrape my wallet and help get r2 dvds for raws but you guys probably have those.(i'm dyslexic so learning languages is hard for me or i'd try my hand at it)

The last time I was around here is when you guys did Zoids Genesis and I thank you for that too. Here's hoping you can get around your issues somehow....
fatefullykinetic
Gao
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Fujita Rei/Zero/Mibu
Favorite Actor?: Itoh Yuki
Favorite Band: Aerosmith
My boom: Gackt-sama

Post by fatefullykinetic »

oh good. you didn't give up entirely and drop the project. =P
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It's interesting seeing a heroine not keep quiet about the fact that she's a superhero.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I find it more interesting that this show has less fan service aimed at guys than Sailor Moon... Yet I am still fully enjoying it. Really looking forward to the next episode.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
darkcat1
Infinity

Post by darkcat1 »

I shoulda commented on that first villain...so i will now: before he goes all bug that guy just screams classic anime villan! I could have sworn I've seen him or that archtype before...

Return to “Yes! PreCure 5”