2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Yes! Precure 5 - Episode 06 Released

Post by Magenta »

Hi guys. Remarkably quick turnaround time here, huh? <3 PC5 seems to be attached to HeartCatch's leg and is humping it furiously. Let's see how long we can keep this up. But in any case, it's time for another episode of...
Yes! PreCure 5
Episode 06: Precure Five, United!
In which I spell out numbers in the forum topic to ensure even colour spread, Bumbee embraces his feminine side, and we might have gone a little crazy with the typesetting. Maybe.

And I know what you're saying. "But Magenta, how could I not love 5-colour gradient border with a blur effect and overly fancy font?" and you know, you're entirely right. Hating that makes you a bad person. You don't want to be a bad person, do you?

Episode Notes:
  • We kind of touched on the meaning of Minazuki Karen back in ep 4, but let's do it again. The kanji for minazuki literally mean 'waterless moon'. It's the kanji that form "mizu", "nashi" and "tsuki", stuffed together into one compound of mirth and joy. In practicality, however, it means the 6th month of the lunar calendar. Note that with desynchs with the modern calendar, this equates to about July or August, depending on how the moon happens to be feeling at the time. Basically, it has a sort of summery feel to it is I guess the best description.

Karen is, to use it's technical term, Just A Name(TM). Obviously a fairly common one and one in use a lot in the Western world - it's derived from 'Katherine', originally. In Japanese, however, the word 'karen' has connotations of a sort of... it's difficult to phrase, but almost 'endearingness'. It's not remarkable in it's positive attitudes, but just conveys this sense of unremarkable niceness. This comes across a lot in her personality - she's good at things, sure, but she's not a character dominated by particular strong traits. She gets to the position she's in by being welcoming and just generally pleasant... with that little darker side of inner turmoil that makes her character so interesting.

Also, just a little translator's perspective. Writing the Nightmare boardroom scenes is always the most fun part of the show. You get to write this really snarky, malevolent dialogue from Bumbee, and then this really cowardly patronizing apology from the Villain of the Previous Week. So imagine my surprise that this episode's boardroom scene, which is entirely BUMBEE GLOATING LIKE A BASTARD, was actually a really tricky one to word in a coherent way. Take kicked me up the ass a few times to make me see sense on a few lines, and even then getting the wording to flow well was a pain in the butt.
Anyway, enjoy the episode!
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Yes! Precure 5 - Episode 06 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

So the masks can attached themselves to living things. That's a good fact to know.
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Which one is airing in Japan weekly. Heartcatch, right? Also great choice by who ever put the front page post up...I can totally imagine describing PC5 to someone and them picturing sailor moon.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze

Post by Magenta »

yup, HeartCatch is the currently airing show. With regards to this show, Take makes constant jokes about Lobster and I "subbing Sailor Moon". ;.; It's not fair!
ima sugu shutsudoukable
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I have pictures of Sailor Moon. I don't have pictures of Precure 5. But I didn't have any pictures of Mercury, so I had to google them. Updating the front page is a complicated process
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Magenta wrote:yup, HeartCatch is the currently airing show. With regards to this show, Take makes constant jokes about Lobster and I "subbing Sailor Moon". ;.; It's not fair!
Heh...I was actually thinking that was realitively clever on his part. I can totally see talking about a non-Salior Moon magical girl shojo and having them say, "You mean Sailor Moon?" I'm betting he didn't intend it that way, but that's what I got out of it.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

Well, I liked Sailor Moon, and this show has parallels to it that I'm enjoying it enough too. First anime show I've enjoyed in quite awhile. Nozomi is a little TOO optimistic, but that's okay, since she's the star.

A couple questions though: you've stopped doing the "moving subtitles" effect that first cropped up in Shinkenger to assist deaf viewers. I kinda liked it as I'm visually impaired and a lot of their voices sound the same to me. It was helpful in knowing who was speaking.

And for "Karen", could the word "elegant" describe it? I'm thinking of the line from Otome no Policy, the ending theme for Sailor Moon R.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Well it only took 6 episode but the full team is together, and kicking some butt.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
darkcat1
Infinity

Post by darkcat1 »

I thinks it's cool the way they did this. Now to wait for the next one ^^
Liddo-kun
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Yes! Pretty Cure 5
2nd Favorite Series: True Tears
Quote: Shugo Chara fanatic

Post by Liddo-kun »

Episode 6 was released sooner than expected. :idea:

Five precure against 2 enemies looks unfair, but considering that Bunbee seems to be stronger than each of them one on one... I think it's still a fair fight.

Waiting patiently for the next episode. =)
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze

Post by Magenta »

Yeah, 7 is in QC atm. One of our QCers is bogged down in Real Life(TM) work and for a show like this that doesn't need to meet a weekly schedule I'm not in any great rush to go "omgah how dare you hold up our project i will release without you" etc.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
darkcat1
Infinity

Post by darkcat1 »

Sailor Moon? I hated that but for some reason I like Pretty cure(then again I only saw the cut versions of Sailor Moon)...
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

So finally, after much beating around the bush that was largely pointless since they've shown the whole team in both student and Precure forms highly visibly in the opening and ending since episode 1, the team is assembled. Though I admit that the last episode caught me off guard, throwing a wrench in the "New Precure of the week" formula, and I liked that. Anyway, Karen is in, with nary a thought about her previous failure, having instantaneously learned the value of teamwork and protecting others for its own sake, not out of a sense of obligation.

So our team is Dream, Rouge, Lemonade, Mint, and Aqua. I swear they come up with the oddest names they can think of that still manage to sound good. I like it more than I should. ;_;

Return to “Yes! PreCure 5”