2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Yes! PreCure 5 - Episode 07 Released

Post by Magenta »

Damn it, Precure 5! Stop dragging HeartCatch down with you! It must live! Liiiiiiive!

As must we all, in a weary and turbulent world. So break away with some...
Yes! PreCure 5
Episode 07: The Best Friend, Nuts, Appears!
In which FABULOUS new villains appear, Urara invents the handglasses, and THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!

I love you, pipes!

Episode Notes:
  • And so, the pair of mascots is united. Obviously their names - Coco & Nuts - are derived from 'Coconuts', but you may not have known that the word Palmier is the French word for a palm tree. And, ya know, that's where coconuts come from. It's... it's very clever, and it works on many levels.

Yeah okay shut up, there's really nothing good to explain this episode. So instead I'll explain that Nuts' human name, much like Coco's is "Kokoda Kouji", is merely 'Natsu' - which means 'summer'. This confusion is maybe what causes his official name spelling to become 'Natts', but this is really stupid and a case of the person writing it not knowing English and just blindly reading kana. And we cannot have that now, can we?

A few other things. Bumbee has this bad habit of making really bad puns about Kawarino's name every time he appears. For example, the first time he mentions him by name, he says "Kawarino-san! O kawari no naku..." which becomes "Kawarino-san, you're the same as ever, I see." or... whatever I used. Anyway, Bumbee will split the kana of Kawarino's name in whatever ways he can to create a situationally appropriate pun. Which is nice. Unless you're a translator.

Also, bonus points to the person who makes the best motivational poster using a sentence that becomes inappropriate due to the appending of "-nuts".
Anyway, as ever, please enjoy the episode.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Re: Yes! PreCure 5 - Episode 07 Released

Post by Battra »

Wow even Nuts transform's into a incredibly good looking guy, these girls must really like being Precures now. :wink:
Fascinating that they brought up Nuts being the one to that was responsible for the Nightmariens attacking the Palmier Kingdom so early in the series that's usually something you reserve for the middle part, hopefully well get more details on it later in the series. Now that Coco & Nuts are reunited i'm sure they'll make a lovely set of Coconuts.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's hilarious that Nuts is a squirrel
darkcat1
Infinity

Post by darkcat1 »

I love how bumeble is getting scoled by one of his superiors in the boardroom sceen. It totally makes up for him gloating in the last episode XD
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Together would the be Coco-nuts? or nuts and cocoa?
I also like that the bad guys of the series have that sorta corperation feel to it. Makes this almost feel like an alegory for the dangers of capitalism....Probably not intentional. After all when was the last time a shojo series had that kind of deep underlying message?
Edit- HIM!? Is it sad that the fact that Kawarino is male surprised me?
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Together would the be Coco-nuts? or nuts and cocoa?

The second one. No wait, the first one. There's a reason Mag spells it the way he does and not Natts

>I also like that the bad guys of the series have that sorta corperation feel to it. Makes this almost feel like an alegory for the dangers of capitalism....Probably not intentional.

I think an allegory for capitalism is missing the mark. It's probably more that a large corporation tends to treat employees like faceless fodder after a certain point. The different members are all vying for promotion, the superiors are bossy, etc.
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

takenoko wrote:>Together would the be Coco-nuts? or nuts and cocoa?

The second one. No wait, the first one. There's a reason Mag spells it the way he does and not Natts

>I also like that the bad guys of the series have that sorta corperation feel to it. Makes this almost feel like an alegory for the dangers of capitalism....Probably not intentional.

I think an allegory for capitalism is missing the mark. It's probably more that a large corporation tends to treat employees like faceless fodder after a certain point. The different members are all vying for promotion, the superiors are bossy, etc.
Touche, though two things. One, I don't think the two are incompatible, the things you pointed out are both things that could be seen as 'evil' by someone who was not a capitalist, and two, I think we're both reading WAY too far into this.
And on the subject of Coconuts vs. Nuts and cocoa, I could see either making sense, given that its not too hard for me, at least, to see Chocolate and nuts togehter, so it works either way, though I agree that there's a small amount of humor in the two being a brown, hairy seedpod (At least I *Think* that's what a Coconut is.)
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

I think it's made blatantly obvious by the "Coconuts mitai na~" line in the ED, which they mistakenly pluralize just to make the reference to their names work XD

Oh, Japan.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by hunter-urufu »

Magenta wrote:I think it's made blatantly obvious by the "Coconuts mitai na~" line in the ED, which they mistakenly pluralize just to make the reference to their names work XD

Oh, Japan.
I heard that, but I attributed to a pun that I didn't understand.

Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Magenta wrote:
Episode Notes:
  • And so, the pair of mascots is united. Obviously their names - Coco & Nuts - are derived from 'Coconuts', but you may not have known that the word Palmier is the French word for a palm tree. And, ya know, that's where coconuts come from. It's... it's very clever, and it works on many levels.
That is not exactly true. You may or may not know this, but Coconuts come from a Coco(nut) Tree whereas Palm Nuts come from a Palm Tree. It's quite confusing, as the trees look the same, but there are some distinguishing features to tell them appart. I didn't know that at first, but when I went back to my home country for the holidays back in Summer 2007, my Aunt explained that to me, so basically they made a mistake, they should have put "Cocotier" instead of "Palmier", as the former makes more sense for Coco and Nuts.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah Mag, how dare you screw that up!

BTW a coconut tree's full name is coconut palm tree, because palm is the overarching name for those types of trees. Also, one such palm nut is coconut
Aiko-san
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Aiko-san »

Yes! PreCure 5 is canceled? But why? I really wanted to watch this series of Pretty Cure and hoped you would have subbed the sequel (Yes! PreCure 5 GoGo!) too... :(
Too bad that Yes! PreCure 5 and Rockman got canceled... especially Rockman.
Wish I had the raw episodes of Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z and the textless themes... Can anyone help me out with that? Please?
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

The two guys working on it left TV Nihon.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Well, Magenta's still here, and the show goes on under a new group name.
Aiko-san
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Aiko-san »

That Guy wrote:Well, Magenta's still here, and the show goes on under a new group name.
New group name?
Too bad that Yes! PreCure 5 and Rockman got canceled... especially Rockman.
Wish I had the raw episodes of Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z and the textless themes... Can anyone help me out with that? Please?

Return to “Yes! PreCure 5”