Interesting show, but not enough?

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
ookamiryuujin670
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Exile
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: The Great Outdoors
Quote: "Dreams tend to be the kind of thing that vanish if you think you can't reach them" - Captain Marvelous
Type: INFP Healer

Interesting show, but not enough?

Post by ookamiryuujin670 »

So I finally just started watching W. I watched Decade as my first Kamen Rider because of the Shinkenger crossover, then I decided to watch Hibiki because he was my favorite from Decade's AR worlds. After that I just went through the proper order from the start, and I just finished Decade again. So anyway, this show really isn't jiving with me right now, and I'm on episode 6. I'm really hating Akiko; I just don't find her personality entertaining...I find it extremely annoying. I know this is just the start of the show, though, and the general trend that I've noticed in KR is if there is a character you don't like at the beginning, you usually end up loving 'em by the end of the series. At least, that's how it's been with me every time. It's going really slowly, too, but that might just be because it's only just begun. I will say, though, that I find the whole old-school detective type show an interesting thing. I also think it's interesting the approach they took with the monsters in this season, because they're actual humans who just get knocked unconscious when the Gaia Memory is destroyed. I'm hoping that the show will get better for me soon, because my policy with tokus is to watch it all the way through once I've started it, no matter how bad it ends up being. I think, if anything will save this show for me, it's probably Philip. I like his general demeanor and the way he reacts when the belt materializes on him. :lol:
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Interesting show, but not enough?

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think your opinion will change for the better as you watch the series.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

The series is good and entertaining. However, Akiko stays annoying.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

>> "and I'm on episode 6. I'm really hating Akiko;"

Aside from post-series movies like Core or Accel, Akiko never bothered me actually; wait for the Puppet arc to see if you really hate her, though. That's when she started turning around for me.
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

W is one of the best Riders on the Heisei Era,believe me.Akiko will still be annoying,you will have to get used to it.But don't give up on it,the more you watch,it's get better.

But be careful.Watching Kamen Rider W can get you addicted in the word ''Joker''.Since i watched W,6 months ago,i keep saying ''Joker!Joker! Joker! Maximum Drive!!'' everytime.This will make you buy the toys and other suff related to the series.
ookamiryuujin670
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Exile
My boom: The Great Outdoors
Quote: "Dreams tend to be the kind of thing that vanish if you think you can't reach them" - Captain Marvelous

Post by ookamiryuujin670 »

HW-DiEnd wrote:W is one of the best Riders on the Heisei Era,believe me.Akiko will still be annoying,you will have to get used to it.But don't give up on it,the more you watch,it's get better.

But be careful.Watching Kamen Rider W can get you addicted in the word ''Joker''.Since i watched W,6 months ago,i keep saying ''Joker!Joker! Joker! Maximum Drive!!'' everytime.This will make you buy the toys and other suff related to the series.
Yeah, I'm on ep 11 now, and I have indeed grown to like the show a little more. The comic relief of those cops is quite enjoyable. :lol: Still hating on Akiko, but she is growing on me just a little. I also find myself saying Cyclone/Joker/Luna/Trigger/Heat/Metal in the same style whenever it is said in the show, haha. Good to know I'm not crazy, haha. :mrgreen: But yeah, I actually really like the way Shotaro handled the situation with the kid, refusing to destroy a little kid's dreams and whatnot.

Looks like I will be enjoying this series a little more as it progresses....
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

ookamiryuujin670 wrote:Looks like I will be enjoying this series a little more as it progresses....
Good!

This series is definitely one of the better ones in recent years IMO.
ImageImage
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

ookamiryuujin670 wrote:I also find myself saying Cyclone/Joker/Luna/Trigger/Heat/Metal in the same style whenever it is said in the show, haha. Good to know I'm not crazy, haha. :mrgreen:
So,i see the ''GaiaMemory Effect'' takes everyone \o/

I blame Toei for get us addicted to those words.ONORE TOEI!!
KamenSentaiDigiman
Favorite series: Gokaiger, Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: W, OOO, Busters
Dreamy: Luka from Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Yuki Yamada
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Den-O
Quote: "Always, NEVER GIVE UP!" - Sonar Pocket

Post by KamenSentaiDigiman »

This was my first series that I finished and let me tell you, This series is still in my top 5. Just wait till you learn more about Museum. That is when things get REALLY interesting. I don't want to spoil anything so you will have to wait and see...
afandjegudiel
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by afandjegudiel »

I just started this series about 2 weeks ago. On episode 21 now, and I love it. I've only seen Black before this, and not even all of that. I am loving this show.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

ookamiryuujin670 wrote:So I finally just started watching W. I watched Decade as my first Kamen Rider because of the Shinkenger crossover, then I decided to watch Hibiki because he was my favorite from Decade's AR worlds. After that I just went through the proper order from the start, and I just finished Decade again. So anyway, this show really isn't jiving with me right now, and I'm on episode 6. I'm really hating Akiko; I just don't find her personality entertaining...I find it extremely annoying. I know this is just the start of the show, though, and the general trend that I've noticed in KR is if there is a character you don't like at the beginning, you usually end up loving 'em by the end of the series. At least, that's how it's been with me every time. It's going really slowly, too, but that might just be because it's only just begun. I will say, though, that I find the whole old-school detective type show an interesting thing. I also think it's interesting the approach they took with the monsters in this season, because they're actual humans who just get knocked unconscious when the Gaia Memory is destroyed. I'm hoping that the show will get better for me soon, because my policy with tokus is to watch it all the way through once I've started it, no matter how bad it ends up being. I think, if anything will save this show for me, it's probably Philip. I like his general demeanor and the way he reacts when the belt materializes on him. :lol:
Dude. Finish the Series. It's my personal favorite. Akiko stays annoying, but i'll let you know that the lightheartedness of the show disappears during the last 10 episodes of the show, and it becomes incredibly dark. The characters are fantastic. Please finish it!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chcoman123 wrote:but i'll let you know that the lightheartedness of the show disappears during the last 10 episodes of the show, and it becomes incredibly dark.
Eh, I wouldn't use the term "dark" to describe it; I mean, it's not like Terui's gushing blood when Terror takes him out and/or Shoutarou starts popping pills of Abilify to get over losing Phillip and starts brooding over the evilness of the city Fuuto.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

This is my absolute favorite of all the Kamen Rider series. It's a good mix of funny and serious, (admittedly I have a weakness towards anything noir or detective themed) and I felt that it had some of the best character development I've ever seen across tokusatsu.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
chcoman123 wrote:but i'll let you know that the lightheartedness of the show disappears during the last 10 episodes of the show, and it becomes incredibly dark.
Eh, I wouldn't use the term "dark" to describe it; I mean, it's not like Terui's gushing blood when Terror takes him out and/or Shoutarou starts popping pills of Abilify to get over losing Phillip and starts brooding over the evilness of the city Fuuto.
What I meant was that it becomes a lot more serious and a lot less lighthearted. That's all.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

W is the best KR season to me, strong characters and very well written with a good balance of both comedy and seriousness/depth.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”