KR W 02 Released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Bluntasaur
7X
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:29 pm
Male: Yes
Dreamy: Natsuki/BoukenYellow
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: PANGYA!
Quote: "You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up!" - Chris Rock, Lethal Weapon 4

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Bluntasaur » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 am

m4rc0 wrote:So, at first everybody was complaining about how yaoi the show seemed to be. Now people are bashing the lead female and loving the partnership (or should I say bromance) of the two guys...
Just for the record, I never thought there were any yaoi vibes. The yaoi deal just ain't my bag.
Kogashi wrote:Think the main reason people are bashing her because she doesn't have any sex apple that they could find seeing how even if she's 20, she looks like she's just entering high school (or something, I dunno I'm not good at reading what ages are suppose to look like)... That and let us face it, the 'fans' are never satisfied. Even if she leaves the show they'll just complain about her leaving, or who ever replaces her... We are a silly, fickle lot.
Also for the record, I don't hate Akiko because she's not a "sex apple". (In fact, I do think she's kinda sorta cute in the VERY rare moments she's not being a craven douche) I hate her because she's bossy, selfish, stupid, and contributes NOTHING to the group besides being the one hostage you do NOT want to save.

Granted, I haven't seen as much Kamen Rider as most other folks here. (I didn't really get into KR until Decade) but I've seen enough to form a basic opinion of the KR leading ladies.

Shizuka - Maybe she didn't serve much of a purpose as takenoko claimed, but at least she was supportive and was somewhat pleasant to be around.

Hana from Den-O - Aside from being cute in both her adult and child forms (It's because of her that I am now a sucker for fluffy skirts), she too was supportive and actually gave a crap about people. Plus, it was fun watching her smack the Imagin around whenever they acted up. :p

Natsumi/Natsumikan/Natsumelon from Decade - Natsumi is probably my favorite. Aside from being the hottest out of the bunch, she has balance. While she's strong and independent, she's also honest and genuinely caring of our heroes. Plus, Laughter Pressure Point FTW.

Mari from Faiz - The only KR girl I hate more than Akiko. But that's another rant for another day.

So yeah, at this point in time, my hate for Akiko is genuine, and if she were to leave or die next ep, I would NOT miss her.

But let's keep in mind that this is only the second ep, and she still has PLENTY of time to redeem herself.

/end unnecessarily long rant.
Rule 34 of #TV-Nihon:

It is always Decade's fault. No exceptions.

User avatar
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Posts: 1166
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:36 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: too much to list
Location: Outer Space
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Raida|23 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 am

How can you compare Akiko with prev "rider ladies"?
Let's see just those you mentioned
Hana: it's her "duty" to be supportive to the rider, so it's different
Shizuka: she's a friend of Wataru from before the series start, so it's different
Natsumi: she's kind of a friend of Tatsuya from before, so it's different

instead

Akiko has never see those two before, she just arrived and found them in her dad's place. No dad, no explanation, nothing. She's annoyin, it's true. But she's a 20 yo findin herself in something new, mysterious, it's only natural for her to be like that. She doesnt know anything of these Dopant, so she wants to know. Also, she will probably try to help them, maybe she'll be more of a burden then an help, but keyword is "try".
Image

kokowaks
Salami Commander
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:26 am

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by kokowaks » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:08 am

i hope she becomes a rider... (you know already what's next to this...)

User avatar
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Posts: 3128
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Deadly Premonition
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Kogashi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:23 am

takenoko wrote:Heh "sex apple"
*sigh* I hate my inability to spell at times ^^;
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

User avatar
marthaba
Salami Commander
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:55 am
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by marthaba » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:59 am

idk if someone already say this but the new form of the bike reminds me from Shaider..lol
anyway that was another great episode
Image Image
Tendou & Tsurugi feminine side
Tendou: kya~~~~~
Tsurugi: Aishiteru... XD

User avatar
Wolf-man
7X
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Wolf-man » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:44 am

This was another great episode. I loved the new stuff that was added. Ratbat, Gatack zecter...XD Seriously, though, the bat camera and the stag phone were neat, if not kind of random, additions. Does anyone think that he will have others? The different bike form was really cool. I'm excited to see what the other forms do. I loved Heat it was cool to see a rider with energy blasts and metal was cool. Heat Metal reminded me of Kuuga just a little, mostly because of the rod. I like how Heat had a different musical sting for the henshin. The whole detective aspect continues to be awesome and I was glad to see Philip get out of his room. Shoutarou made me laugh cause the whole time I kept expecting him to say "Only one truth prevails! The culprit is YOU!" :mrgreen: Anyway, can't wait for this week's episode. I hope this show continues to be good. Oh and I hope this is the last of the nudity. bleh.
Image

Farkov
01
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Farkov » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Clunky CGs. Average Ep. Meh.

Blaze Dragon
Infinity
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:28 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2ndFavoriteSeries: W/Fourze
Favorite Band: TETRA-FANG
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Dejimanz

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Blaze Dragon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:04 pm

To join the Akiko fight, I find her annoying at best, and horribly useless as well. It seems that Shou-chan and Phillip were a great team before she appeared, and there's no doubt they're far from lacking the skills to do their job. Akiko helps in nothing, she's only annoying.

Considering everyone's comparing her with older Kamen Rider girls, I may as well do the same:
-Yui (Ryuki): Knew about Mirror World and somewhat helped Ren not go from likable to hateful jerk. She also helps investigate mysteries about her brother, the big bad Kanzaki Shirou,
-Mari (Faiz): Her dream is an obvious inspiration to Takumi through the series, and she's the whole reason of Kusaka's existance. (granted, the series would be better without Kusaka, but still...). She also serves as a link to the Ryusei School, and with Smart Brain at points.
-Hirose (Blade): She searches for Undeads for Kenzaki to destroy.
-Hiyori (Kabuto): Back-story with Tendou, both as remembering the asssassin of her parents as one that wore Kabuto's belt
-Jyuka (Kabuto): Tendou's motivation at times.
-Hana (Den-O): Gives Ryoutarou the Den-O Belt. Investigates at times. Keeps the Imagin controlled...although fails at this.
-Shizuka (Kiva): Err...absolutely nothing. Why the hell did she exist again?
-Mio (Kiva): Character development for Wataru.
-Natsumi (Decade): Motivation to Tsukasa. Because they're comrades. Totally not more than that.

I removed your spoiler tagged stuff because you didn't properly label them, plus this isn't really the topic for going into depth into other series
-take
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlazeDragonEternal My Youtube channel. Has whatever I've uploaded that I know Toei won't delete and close my account with!

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 27636
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by takenoko » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Blaze Dragon wrote:Akiko helps in nothing, she's only annoying.
Except she carried Philip's body out of danger

Since the series has just started, we really haven't established how she fits into stuff. You guys are just arguing that she doesn't do anything because you guys don't like her

CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:46 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Double
2ndFavoriteSeries: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who
Location: The TARDIS

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by CrimsonJoker » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Unforetunately I have three ideas: Action Gi*breaks out in laugter*, keep phillip out of danger, or to be constantly kidnapped.
Image Image
Image Image

User avatar
Dengar
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:18 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good
Location: Unknown
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Dengar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:01 am

Blaze Dragon wrote: -Hiyori (Kabuto): Back-story with Tendou, both as remembering the asssassin of her parents as one that wore Kabuto's belt
-Jyuka (Kabuto): Tendou's motivation at times.
-Shizuka (Kiva): Err...absolutely nothing. Why the hell did she exist again?
-Mio (Kiva): Character development for Wataru.

Misaki and Megumi are more in line the series' respective Rider Girl archetypes, however, though.

User avatar
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:01 pm
Male: Yes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by m4rc0 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:38 pm

From the KR I saw:

Mari: useless, except for plot points.
Hirose (i'm still halfway through this one): besides searching for undead (which she wasn't really needed for) and plot points, useless.
Hyiori and Jyuka: same as Mari, but worse, because Mari had a huge part in the main plot. I'm not going to go into details about Hyiori here, but he importance was more for background than the actual plot.
Hana: useless, except for being hot, comedy and plot points. Oh, she helped searching for the Imagin. But she wasn't really decisive in that.
Natsumi: useless, except for plot points.

With the exception of the Hibiki girls (except Mochida), all female leads from the KR I watched are pretty useless and they didn't really need her for the actual rider job.

>Since the series has just started, we really haven't established how she fits into stuff. You guys are just arguing that she doesn't do anything because you guys don't like her
Pretty much.

>You might also notice that Shotarou finds plenty of clues before consulting Phloogle. And I think he already suspected who T-Rex was. Phil just confirmed it.
Yes, he did. But tha was because he knew Marina. If he didn't, he woudn't know about her designs and Phil would have given the answer. But yeah, he needs the clues in order to know what to look for. That is his job. And knowing the culprit doesn't solve the case. You must have the reason why the culprit commits the crime. Marina pretty much just told him, but I don't think all villains will be that cooperative. So Shouta has lots to do, even with the human google by his side.

>Only thing I dont like about Akiko is her voice.
I kinda like how, sometimes, instead of saying "huh", "eh" or "what" she just gives a low squeal. By now I'm used to that kind of voice, because the japanese tend to like that type and put it into anime all the time.

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 27636
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by takenoko » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:53 pm

I disagree. Just because they don't go out and kill monsters doesn't mean that they're useless. There's more to the story than just beating up stuff. A lot of the girls that you say are useless actually help with revealing character points and are important to the plot. It doesn't make sense to say "they're useless, except when they're a major plot point"

Besides, the same thing can be said about a dozen minor male characters in each series as well

User avatar
Cirdec
7X
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:38 am
Male: Yes
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Cirdec » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:22 pm

takenoko wrote: There's more to the story than just beating up stuff.
That's the only reason many watch these things. The characterization and plots are generally weak--they ARE kids shows. Still hell a fun though.

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 27636
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by takenoko » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:32 pm

They are pretty weak sometimes, but in general they're at least a level above certain shows that are just mind-numbingly vacuous. There's definitely worse shows out there

Post Reply

Return to “Kamen Rider W”