KR W 02 Released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Cirdec
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Kamen Rider W 02 Released

Post by Cirdec »

True, true. And at least they don't dry to fake deep characterization.

I'm looking at you Dragonauts: The Resonance.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

>It doesn't make sense to say "they're useless, except when they're a major plot point"

First of all, I never wrote that "major" before plot points. I wrote that they were useles except for taking part in plot points. Which means I recognize everything they do. But people are writing that Akiko is useless because she doesn't help and mentioning other rider girls as an example of helpful characters. Well have to wait and see if Akiko will be useful in the investigations (I believe she will) but it is a given that she will have importance in many plots and subplots. Hell, she already has, because there is the whole boss stuff going on.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, saying that they're part of plot points that aren't important is equally dismissive. Anyway, most of the girls are a part of the major plot point in some way or another, regardless of whether you define it that way or not.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm not sure what people mean by Akiko serving no purpose.

Her purpose is obviously, and blatantly, and clearly, to cramp Shotarou's hard-boiled style. Just like how Mari was the one who forced Takumi to show his caring side even though he keeps trying to pretend not to give a damn.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

her purpose is to hit the main guy with a slipper(w/c she carries on her bag) thinking that the audience will laugh to it... thinking its better than the eye pokes of the 3 stooges
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

You... really don't get the slipper thing,
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Come on, take, I was making a point. Not only that, but we agree about Akiko. You are sticking too much in the details.

point of the Akiko haters: Akiko is useless, while other girls weren't. They base that on the plot points the other girls were part of and, in some cases, in what they do to help the fight. They also mention their influence on character growth.

They think Akiko is there just to get in the way and that she won't help, even though the series is still in ep 4 (3 subbed)...

my point is a reduction to absurd: Akiko will certainly take part in many plot points, will influence the character growth and its possible that she'll help a lot in the investigations. If that is being useless, then all other girls are useless. But their point was that they weren't. That makes their point absurd.

>Her purpose is obviously, and blatantly, and clearly, to cramp Shotarou's hard-boiled style. Just like how Mari was the one who forced Takumi to show his caring side even though he keeps trying to pretend not to give a damn.

I agree, I wrote about that in my first post about W.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu

Post by Zazelle »

hahahaha! Aikiko was so funny in this episode, especially at the end. The battle was really good and Lunagel was beatifull when she kissed the memory.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Man, the CGI battle scenes really don't hold up, do they? CGI just always looks amazingly cheap to me.

Anyway, I noticed that the feathers that Marina uses in her fashion design are shown in her past self. The hat that she loses had feathers in them. Kind of an interesting parallel to the present day (with Shoutarou chasing down that hat, the way he did Togawa, and failing to retrieve both)

I also like the psychological meaning behind Shoutarou dressing similarly to the boss before confronting Marina. Think about it, he was just called half-boiled, plus he's about to turn in his childhood friend. He's got to get hard-boiled, so of course he turns to his mentor for inspiration.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KR W 02 Released

Post by MadCow »

That picture used for the front page looks nice. It looks like... W Master Grade, some random superbike model that matches the scale, and a painted backdrop of Futo city? I gotta try that some day with my MG W... just need to find a proper bike to pair him with.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”