W 04 Released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Re: W 04 Released

Post by Battra »

Nice conclusion to that story. Interesting that the Sonozoki family uses buckles just like Double but there's seem more primitive in design, I wonder if they use them to dilute the effects of the Gaia Memory. I'm enjoying the Double' suit it definitely got a nice retro feel that hearkens back to ZO & J the color schemes for the different forms match nicely together to, it's definitely not as jarring when you first look at it like Decade's & Hibiki's were.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
den-o
7X
Favorite series: Den-O 電王, Kabuto カブト

Post by den-o »

Isn't the cat the "Smilodon" Dopant/ スミロドン・ドーパント ?

Anyway, interesting that all the Sonozakis use belts/drivers of their own... Wonder if there's a difference compared to just using the usb/tattoos.

Also, so the particular form is able to "influence" the weapon of another form? Would be funny seeing Luna making Trigger's gun all bendy.
Funkatron
Infinity

Post by Funkatron »

den-o wrote:Isn't the cat the "Smilodon" Dopant/ スミロドン・ドーパント ?

Anyway, interesting that all the Sonozakis use belts/drivers of their own... Wonder if there's a difference compared to just using the usb/tattoos.

Also, so the particular form is able to "influence" the weapon of another form? Would be funny seeing Luna making Trigger's gun all bendy.
Luna Trigger = curve Bullets, Wanted style?
Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Muzak

Post by Sora124 »

I don't care what the bullets do, I just wanna see Heat Trigger in all its Kikaider-ish goodness. Plus, I wanna see what Trigger can do.

I love this series so far. I really do. :D
den-o
7X
Favorite series: Den-O 電王, Kabuto カブト

Post by den-o »

Sora124 wrote:I don't care what the bullets do, I just wanna see Heat Trigger in all its Kikaider-ish goodness. Plus, I wanna see what Trigger can do.
Maybe it'll shoot fireballs....
hakister
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by hakister »

Out of the 9 forms, I like Luna-Trigger best.

Wanna know why? Wait for the next few episodes if you don't want to be spoiled.

Speaking of Akiko, she is 20 years old in the series but 19 IRL.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Dude, don't even bother giving the whole "I saw a r--" hint. Makes no sense.
I lost The Game!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

>I really don't like the claydoll dopant and the matrix desu

That wasn't matrix. Kirihiko is a break dancer. Soon there will be a lot of videos like that on youtube. Can't touch this would be a cool tune.

>Now, it's literal, a guy who is on a bike and wears a mask.

Except for Hibiki, that was always the case. Some riders don't use their bikes much in the Heisei era though. But in blade they are always on their bikes.

>i wonder if it (Sonozaki's cat) has a belt

Me too

>didn't Akiko hand only hand them 2 gaiamemories before they ran to catch the dopant (the rest appeared magically right?)

right. A show for kids. We shouldn't mind these details.

>Oh yeah, I thought that was great. A good series needs a good antagonist. It's kind of funny how much time is spent just focusing on the bad guy's wedding and Wakana's radio show. But at the same time, it makes the world a lot more interesting.

Most Heisei KR just don't focus enough in the villains. So you don't really care if the riders will defeat them or not. In fact, many kaijin were just there, without true objectives or stuff like that. W seems to not suffer from this flaw. I mean everybody remembers
DECADE SPOILER
Spoiler
how everybody complained about Narutaki, because he was useless and how Apollo Geist gave the show a breaht of fresh air.

>I thought it was nice to show that Yuuko at least had decent intentions at first, and was merely corrupted by the gambling. It must have been a pretty quick corruption if she didn't manage to pay off the debts though

Assuming she would pay the debts with her gains instead of keeping the money to be able to win more money and pay all debts at once. But this corruption seems to be one of W's themes. The enemies aren't aliens, mystic monsters or stuff like that. They are criminals given super powers.

I like how Akiko's actress palys her. She is full of mannerisms and is kinda strange. She also makes some funny faces. But she isn't exaggerated.

Wakana is very cute. She looks like a problem child. I wonder if she will rebel against her family somehow.

Nice strategy from the Kaijin's part and later from Shota's part. Luna Metal is very cool. I'm waiting for curvy bullets from Luna Trigger and from fireballs from Kikaider... I mean Metalder... I mean Heat Trigger.

I wonder what would happen if one of the guys used a Gaia memory in his body without the belt.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

the actor who plays the money monster, was he in densha otoko?

大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

Blaze Dragon wrote:Nazca refers to the Nazca Lines, a series of geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert, a high arid plateau that stretches more than 80 kilometres (50 mi) between the towns of Nazca and Palpa on the Pampas de Jumana in Peru. This geoglyphs have odd shapes, which have been taken as mystical or work of UFOs in more than one oportunity. Many videogames and anime make use of this myth, as you'd guess, including Ryuusei no Rockman 2, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and now, Kamen Rider Double.
I didn't really believe those lines so i just thought he was someplace along with a moth (a Nazca is a genus of a moth apparently)
Twitter
iamawesome.com
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

I highly enjoyed this episode. Luna-Metal is a very interesting form. I especially loved that they didn't just rely on Phillipe's brains these two episode to solve everything, everyone contributed (even Akiko).

I did have a question though. How long are you guys going to cover up the actual official subtext "Kamen Rider Double" with your "KAMEN RIDER W" placement? I mean I thought it started off as a bit of a joke, but now I feel like you guys are trying to "fix Toei's mistake" as you see it.
den-o wrote:Isn't the cat the "Smilodon" Dopant/ スミロドン・ドーパント ?

The belts make it so they don't suffer the ill effects of becoming addicted and becoming corrupted by the power of the Gaia Memories.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>>didn't Akiko hand only hand them 2 gaiamemories before they ran to catch the dopant (the rest appeared magically right?)
>right. A show for kids. We shouldn't mind these details.

They probably picked it up before transforming

>Most Heisei KR just don't focus enough in the villains.

Eh, I guess that's true. The really great Kamen Rider series present a real clear enemy or tell you a lot about them. Like the Undead in Blade or Kanzaki from Ryuki. The more hand-wavey the explanation for the antagonists, the less compelling the story tended to be

>I did have a question though. How long are you guys going to cover up the actual official subtext "Kamen Rider Double" with your "KAMEN RIDER W" placement? I mean I thought it started off as a bit of a joke, but now I feel like you guys are trying to "fix Toei's mistake" as you see it.

I dunno, I guess it's up to Cheetah. We did the same thing for Decade and no one complained

I don't see why everyone likes LunaMetal that much. Instead of slapping people he's doing it with a rod, except the thing's so long and fast that there's no real difference visibly
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Well with LunaMetal he slap them with the rod from far away. I mean, better to do it with a weapon than put your own hands in danger. (One asks why he didn't just use the Trigger memory but I'll just assume they'll save it for some other debut episode)
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Orenohissatsuclimax
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Naomi Chan~
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Decade

Post by Orenohissatsuclimax »

Oh that last minute sent chills
"Kamen Rider"
It's nice to hear it outside of calling someone like a name.
The way Shoutaro and Phillip reacted was pretty cute.
The whole monster wedding was pretty trippy. Clay Dolls design looks a bit weird
And Cat is also a dopant? haha

And referring to the front page.

I've always liked W's design, it's just that I felt the could have been just a little more creative beyond color change for his other forms. I really like the kaijin design and concept though. It's gonna be a huge money maker when the toy comes out. Maybe they'll sell a dopant set of belt and memories like what they did with all the Ryuki rider belts
Devilbat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade/W

Post by Devilbat »

Now this is what I was talking about, I really enjoyed this episode.

We got to see Phillip be slick and own the money douche at his game, and when the whole family issue came up Shoutarou stepped in and handled things. Them owning the MONEY Dopant was my favorite part of this episode because I personally thought he was stupid. Luna/Metal is made of win. Akiko even helped out (finally) with the whole BAT camera gadget. I'm really wondering what this whole rich family is about now, especially since they used belts.

All in all it was a great episode and it pretty much erased everything (literally) that I didn't like about the 3rd episode. I can't wait for the next episode, especially since I saw don't talk about previews - Phoenix512.
"It's... showtime." -Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard

Return to “Kamen Rider W”