W 09 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: W 09 released

Post by Dengar »

I was not as surprised. He seemed quite flamboyant before.

By the way, he's not an assassin type. He's a dealer. He deals with customers. He has this way of smooth-talking people into buying his memories.

I like how he was like "A stalker, I must tell him my life's story because someone as lowly as him would understand.".

Does this mean that the Spider thingamagadget combines with Trigger's gun? Does this mean that the Sonic Rod would use the Luna Maximum Drive?
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Watching the first half of this ep was so hard on me. I already disliked Narumi and since she got more screentime in this ep, I just... ... god, I kept thinking that "perhaps when she'll get her own backstory episode or something, I'll like her more", but I don't think I'll like her anytime soon. She's crazy, to the point of being stupid, too loud. It's a kid's show and she's the typical whatever character, but seriously...

On the other hand, I really like Kirihiko now. XD He's so silly in a way. You can't really expect a guy who wears a white cravat with a red spot on it to be someone with common sense. I wonder if he's just naturally talkative or if he's so affectionately deficient that he felt the need to let it all out to feel a bit better about himself. xD

I've been craving for tiramisu for a week. /sob. This isn't helping.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Akiko... REALLY needs to brush up her detective skills, if not at least undercover work. Kids' show, yes, but even the most common sense of undercover is to never use your real name! *sigh*
Bauffie wrote:Watching the first half of this ep was so hard on me. I already disliked Narumi and since she got more screentime in this ep, I just... ... god, I kept thinking that "perhaps when she'll get her own backstory episode or something, I'll like her more", but I don't think I'll like her anytime soon. She's crazy, to the point of being stupid, too loud. It's a kid's show and she's the typical whatever character, but seriously...

On the other hand, I really like Kirihiko now. XD He's so silly in a way. You can't really expect a guy who wears a white cravat with a red spot on it to be someone with common sense. I wonder if he's just naturally talkative or if he's so affectionately deficient that he felt the need to let it all out to feel a bit better about himself. xD

I've been craving for tiramisu for a week. /sob. This isn't helping.
Kamen Rider Iron Chef.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I can see it now. Phillip finds another book he can't read. This time, it's a cook book.
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

Dengar wrote:I can see it now. Phillip finds another book he can't read. This time, it's a cook book.
Ultimate Chinese Recipe: The Three Winds of Schezuan!

Seriously though, this is the first episode where there hasn't been a pun on the Wind kanji somehow involved in the client's background/interest/story.

First Arc - WINDSCALE corporation
Second Arc - Kazehana Manjuu (Wind-Flowers/Flowery-Wind, depending on how you want to translate it)
Third Arc - Fuuto Wind Power Laboratory
Fourth Arc - Heaven's Tornado

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind. The girl Mai and her father were once chefs for the KAZU Patisserie. *facepalm*
The Human Search Engine:

The Code of the Gambler:
1) There is no such thing as luck; only Skill.
2) Do not play for greed; but Survival.
3) Don't play lukewarm games; fight until Death.
Shad0wguy
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Quote: Saisho ni itte oku. Ore wa ka-na-ri tsuyoi!

Post by Shad0wguy »

Dengar wrote: Does this mean that the Spider thingamagadget combines with Trigger's gun?
I see that combo making some kind of long range grapling hook. Imagine W swinging like Spiderman around Fuuto.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Watching the first half of this ep was so hard on me. I already disliked Narumi and since she got more screentime in this ep, I just... ... god, I kept thinking that "perhaps when she'll get her own backstory episode or something, I'll like her more", but I don't think I'll like her anytime soon. She's crazy, to the point of being stupid, too loud. It's a kid's show and she's the typical whatever character, but seriously...
I have to say I agree. I liked her in the first two episodes, but at the same time I was really concerned that her personality and antics would start to grate, and they're starting to do that with this episode. Even for the typical goofy character she's over the top. It's like they took all the worst antics of the girls from Den-O, Kiva, and Decade and made a character out of it.

Spoiler
For crying out loud, could that Dopant's line when he starts attacking the girl possibly be ANY worse?

Does anyone else feel like this show won't be a full-length series either? Somehow I can't see it supporting itself any longer than Decade did.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

methos wrote:
Spoiler
For crying out loud, could that Dopant's line when he starts attacking the girl possibly be ANY worse?
Yes... It could be worse... It could always be worse.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

methos wrote:Does anyone else feel like this show won't be a full-length series either? Somehow I can't see it supporting itself any longer than Decade did.
I can see it being full length. I don't think there's any Kamen Rider show where I've been able to predict how the story will unfold over the next 40 just from the first 10.

>Imagine W swinging like Spiderman around Fuuto.

Heh, I made that joke too. I know it's just a grappling hook and it fits well with the spider theme, but sometimes it's alright to go for the obvious jokes

I kind of liked the little insertions of back story in this episode. Guess it's all leading up to the movie coming up
zabadoh
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by zabadoh »

Okay, we learn a little more about the enigmatic Sonozaki family. And so who is this new Dopant anyway?

Somebody not seen in this first episode like the Cockroach arc I'll bet. The voice just doesn't ring a bell.

We also learned of a new vulnerability for W: When one half's arm is immobilized, he can't change that side's Gaia Memory and therefore power type. Vehhhhhdy interesting......[/spoiler]

I really liked the Cyclone + Metal = Sonic attacks idea.

So far we've seen:
Cyclone Joker = Wind and martial arts
Heat Joker = Punch and kick with flames
Luna Joker = Bendy, stretchy martial arts

Cyclone Metal (+ Bat) = Sonic attacks
Heat Metal = Hot Staff
Luna Metal = Bendy, whippy, stretchy Stick attacks. Slightly longer range than Luna Joker?

Cyclone Trigger = Bullets
Heat Trigger = Flamin' Bullets
Luna Trigger = Bendy Bullets!

Also Gadget Attacks:
Heat + Beetle = Flamin' drone

I think the writers could do more to differentiate some of the forms' attacks from each other: Luna Joker and Luna Metal seem a little too similar to each other as do Heat Joker and Heat Metal. The only difference I can see is the Metal forms having a staff for blocking, which makes the Joker forms relatively useless.

I think that's why I liked the Cyclone Metal giving sonic attacks so much in that it gives something that's really different and useful to W's arsenal.

Cyclone Trigger and Heat Trigger seem a little too similar in effect as well.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

my guess it gonna be that it's just metal plus bat that gives sonic, IE it having nothing to do with cyclone and metal there. Cyclone and metal already has the crazy deflective properties of both mini whirlwinds and a staff after all... But yea think even on heat metal or luna metal, if the bat is added it's still gonna do the sonic thing... that's my guess though.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

NMuench wrote:I think something is wrong with Opening Credits font on the English Subtitles. There also appears to be way too many spaces in between some words (which can be seen in the snapshots posted), in the Opening Credits.

Old Subs (Ep 8 )
Spoiler
[ Image ]

New Subs (Ep 9)
Spoiler
[ Image ]

This is the SD Version, I don't know if the HD Version is this way. I would suggest retracting it, fixing it, and then re-releasing it.
There's no problem with the HD

Btw, I find it funny that Shoutarou go all the way to meet Akiko, then go all the way back to his office after he met Akiko, and go all the way back again to Sonozaki household.

The golf joke was pretty funny. lol.
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

First thing I said when I saw Sweet Dopant: "why Metoron is in Kamen Rider?", then I realized is a f**ed up version of Metoron, or a Metoron on steroids, anyway not him. But surely there's a resemblance
Spoiler

I dont understand why Shotaro said what he said about Akiko's dad, what we see in episode one is not what he said. [snip] we dont talk about that in these threads, Azazel

Akiko is more and more nice, every episode I'm likin her character more. It has been a long journey from ep01 to now for her, and I'm glad. It'll be cool to see when she finally found about his dad -her reaction, of course, that'lll be interesting.

Another thing, W do not need a 2nd Rider. I know we'll probably see another one at least, but I fear that 1]he'll break the chemistry between the actual regular cast [they're workin so fine right now], and 2]he'll end being a rider à la Diend, aka almost completely useless.

To end my post, I'm pretty sure I've seen her
somewhere else, like in a dorama in the role of an homeroom teacher. But I can't remember the name of the show.
Just like I'm sure the female patissier, the one Sweet Dopant attacks, was in some other tokusatsu show. Ryukendo, maybe?
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

Hmm... I wonder if next episode Akiko will find out about her father dying? This episode is made so much better than others just by Kirihiko talking for so long about himself.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Akiko is more and more nice, every episode I'm likin her character more. It has been a long journey from ep01 to now for her, and I'm glad. It'll be cool to see when she finally found about his dad -her reaction, of course, that'lll be interesting.
Out of curiosity, why do you like her?

Return to “Kamen Rider W”