W 16 released (No HD yet)

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
DarkProject
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Fast like the wind,
Silent like a forest,
Intrusive like the fire,
Immobile like a mountain.
-Takeda Shingen

Re: W 16 released (No HD yet)

Post by DarkProject »

Fang is awesome, and I love how it twists Joker just a little bit. I can see a Scythe-Wielding Fang Metal, and a Fang Trigger that fires Shotgun or Flechette rounds.

Nazca can Clock Up? Whoa.

I wasn't certain that the beetle gadget was a Stag Phone until reading this thread. I'm glad to see it now.

I really love the relationship between Shoutarou and Phillip. I really thought before the show that it would seem too yaoi for me, but it really isn't coming off that way. They truly care for each other, and are friends as well as partners.

That said, I also thought that Shoutarou's 'last words' to Akiko were from his heart. I mean, they could have been something like "Your father is dead", but it was Philip's backstory episode so that was unlikely. I also thought it was great that she refused to buy it, assuming he was quoting something to her.

Is it just me, or did Saeko say something about Wakana in front of Phillip? Does he really know who she is? I somehow doubt the rest of the Sonozaki family are public enough to be recognized.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

DarkProject wrote: I really love the relationship between Shoutarou and Phillip. I really thought before the show that it would seem too yaoi for me, but it really isn't coming off that way.
I know right? And considering how much Yaoi baiting most series have, not to mention Decade which seems like a category all by itself, I was more than sure that two guys becoming one Kamen Rider was a sign of where Kamen Rider was gonna go... And yet this seems the least yaoi-tastic Kamen Rider I've seen yet it's amazing.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

In fact this is the first season of KR that I've stuck with, and its because the two central characters are so engaging, and their relationship is so well played.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

So apparent.

AT first i didn't think anything of it.. just thought it was somehting he used already till I just figured out from what y guys say that it is not the gadget.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

You know, with Shoutaro being a fair amount heavier than Akiko is, how the hell was she even able to keep her feet on the ground?
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

Dengar wrote:Well, the Fang Memory is a bit irregular. For one, it seems like the armaments are grown on the Fang side, and it doesn't seem like Joker adds anything to the form, of course, this might be expected, given how Joker is the neutral form. But then, Maximum Drive is invoked from the right side, which hasn't been done by the other forms (yet, maybe it's actually possible). Besides, I really can't imagine Fang combining with Trigger.
Don't think of it as being "the Maximum Drive was invoked from the right half", think of it as "the Fang Memory pumped its power into the DoubleDriver, allowing synchronization with the Joker Memory for a Memory Break".

Also, I liked that little CG effect they had during the Joker Stryzer... Where the bluish aura that erupted around Double turned into the head of the Fang Memory and chomped down on the Dopant exactly when the foot/blade connected.

I have to wonder what those little arc-trails are... y'know, the ones that appear when the Arm Fang slashed at the Masquerades? Are those vacuum strikes that rend the air and allow Phillippe to hit his target without actually connecting? [It appears to me that] Might they be tearing through the fabric of reality itself? I can't just leave it at being simply CG effects that cover the fact that the suit actor isn't actually hitting the Masquerades. :P
The Human Search Engine:

The Code of the Gambler:
1) There is no such thing as luck; only Skill.
2) Do not play for greed; but Survival.
3) Don't play lukewarm games; fight until Death.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

It was Fang Maximum Drive, not Joker Maximum Drive.
Shad0wguy
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Quote: Saisho ni itte oku. Ore wa ka-na-ri tsuyoi!

Post by Shad0wguy »

I'll just mark it that because Fang is a special memory that it can pull of a maximum drive, despite being on phillip's side. Unlike other memories that require the memory to be put in the weapon or maximum drive slot on the belt, fang can unleash maximum drive from the driver directly.
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

if you look at the toy itself it can not be placed in any weapon or the belts maximum drive spot. there some sort of outgrowth that stops it from going it. it's demonstrated on youtube toy vids.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
TokuTaku
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by TokuTaku »

On the Maximum Drive, am I the only one who hears him say "Fang Strider" as opposed to "Strizer" ?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

gmottl wrote:if you look at the toy itself it can not be placed in any weapon or the belts maximum drive spot. there some sort of outgrowth that stops it from going it. it's demonstrated on youtube toy vids.
It can be placed in, just not far enough to activate the effect the same way as the other six memories, which is strange because you can still manually activate it with a pen or something.

And for the finisher, if you listen, there is clearly a Z sound instead of a D sound.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
My boom: Muzak

Post by Sora124 »

Dengar wrote:You know, with Shoutaro being a fair amount heavier than Akiko is, how the hell was she even able to keep her feet on the ground?
I think they're using a pulley system. That would explain it.

Also, Fang Joker kicks ass. That is all.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

Sora124 wrote:I think they're using a pulley system. That would explain it.
In fact, they're not. The rope hangs over the bar only once.
powerfan1287
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by powerfan1287 »

I like this episode a lot, a new power is cool

I am just woundering how Fang well work. Can it only work in Philip body or can Shoutarou use it to?

Guess I well have to see the next episode.
Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
My boom: Muzak

Post by Sora124 »

Dengar wrote:
Sora124 wrote:I think they're using a pulley system. That would explain it.
In fact, they're not. The rope hangs over the bar only once.
Ah, silly me.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”