W 23 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

W 23 released

Post by takenoko »

What an episode

The singers for WBX plus guest judge Mizuki Ichirou using yet another silly variation of his name. Man, that guy gets around

Plus we get to see a new performance in the opening. Great!

I'm surprised that Terui's sub story is actually moving along. W is always pretty good about showing the villain side of things. Wakana was great in this episode too
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: W 23 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I enjoyed this episode as well with everyone abandoning the area when Jimmy sings like an old western gun fight. I was hoping for the some of the actual bands to perform the insert songs during the Idol show but maybe in the next episode. Terui looks better in black coat and pants compared to the red. Why is it always a doctor who plays a crazy ass villain? But I wonder if he's going to drop the Weather memory if he becomes Saeko's new husband.
Zenon88
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: Ore sanjou!

Post by Zenon88 »

Overall I really liked this episode, the Liar Dopant is something original I really enjoyed as the new villain of the episode. Plus two things totally surprised me in this episode: 1) That fangirl not being the Dopant like it was predictable to be, I'm glad I was wrong this time 2) The doctor being the owner of the W memory . Wakana's cute side is staying where it belongs? Because I appreciate that :D

The episode was really nice and enjoyable, with the band singing in the opening and doing the judges of that Idols show. I loved every moment, plus Shoutaro and Philipp singing was priceless. I like to see some more of Elizabeth and Queen together, most of all singing. I like Accel and W working together, they're a Hard boiled team :D . And judging from the preview, I think I'm going to like the next episode even more, I hope so :lol:
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Great Epsiode.

We got to see Q&E again, plus they did a little bit from their upcoming Album "Love Wars".

Wacky Idol show with Phil and Sho doing Finger on the Trigger was awesome!

Saeko may have found herself a new Boy toy, lets hope this one lasts longer than Kirihiko did. Wakana is still a child and still pines for Phil.

And jimmy needs to take some lesson's or somthing to make his song's are not on that same level as Mako's Cooking.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

This was a fantastic episode, and I'm glad it turned out that the Dopant's identity wasn't the obvious. Makes things a lot more intriguing.
ImageImage
Ruecian
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ruecian »

Now I really want that version of 'Finger on the Trigger'.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So does that mean "Florida Keys" is secretly Shou and Philip? It really doesn't sound different from the actual song
Ruecian
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ruecian »

I think it sounds quite a bit different.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

First off, I just want to say how disappointed I am that Hard Gay was not in this episode. I mean, this was an absolutely perfect opportunity.

-You know, I thought this episode would be kinda lame but it's a good thing I've been enjoying this so far because I really liked it.

-So many cameos today. Aya, Takuya, Ichirou and that old guy from all those Toei movies. Heck I almost thought that Jimmy was Koji Seto at first. He had his hair (of course that would invoke ONORE DIKADOOO! from everyone). Really like the custom opening. Even if it was just Aya and Takuya singing, it was nice to see something different.

-Speaking of the judges was it supposed to be...
Aya=Paula
Takuya=Randy
Ichirou=Simon (totally suits him)

-So glad to see a two-rider dynamic that doesn't involve them punching each other in the face all the time. I thought that the Liar Dopant would hit one of the two and they'd start fighting but I guess it's about time I stopped thinking of this as a standard Heisei series. It is a new decade after all. Maybe I should put away those precognitions I've had. Also, happily surprised that I was totally wrong about who the Dopant was.

-I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the nice old doctor being Weather Dopant. Really didn't see that coming at all.

-Toei must reeeeeally like Trigger forms. They've shown all of their Maximum Drives. I want to see LunaJoker's Maximum Drive! It would probably be hilarious.

-ShoPhil make an amazing singing duo. And wow, that Wakana fangirling just makes the wincest even more plausible.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Yay for incest! Although I wish Wakana could be a little more serious around her father. It makes it hard to appreciate his badass-ery. Wow. This episode's MOTW was actually pretty good. Rather ambiguous gender, great tricking of Ryuu, speaking of which, I like his new outfit, and overall, a good monster. Who is Jimmy Nakata? He does look rather like Koji Seto.
I lost The Game!
BetaWarrior3
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W

Post by BetaWarrior3 »

garfield15 wrote: -I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the nice old doctor being Weather Dopant. Really didn't see that coming at all.
Lol, if you are going to copy/paste your review of an episode, make sure to edit it on other forums, at least two people have commented on that in this thread. :P

Great episode, and I agree with Takenoko that Florida Keys could easily just be Philip and Shoutarou, as both versions of Finger on the Trigger sound incredibly alike.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

BetaWarrior3 wrote: Lol, if you are going to copy/paste your review of an episode, make sure to edit it on other forums, at least two people have commented on that in this thread. :P
Don't question me. 8)

Interesting the other day, I was just wondering if Shou and Phil would get their own character songs. (They still could. As we've found out they can sing rather well)
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Maybe it's just a lipsync?
I lost The Game!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Anime_freek22 wrote:Maybe it's just a lipsync?
Hint: It's all lipsync!
garfield15 wrote:
BetaWarrior3 wrote: Lol, if you are going to copy/paste your review of an episode, make sure to edit it on other forums, at least two people have commented on that in this thread. :P
Don't question me. 8)
I believe you Net people how you say call this PWNED?
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Wow we get alot of music this episode, that's very enjoyable. Loved seeing the villain actually get away from Terui by actually making him believe a lie. I'm liking the fact that they're pushing the envelop with the villains in this series & making them out to be more than just one sided characters.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kamen Rider W”