KRW 32 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: KRW 32 released

Post by Arawynn »

Very very shiny. Had to look up my sunglasses just to watch all the prismatic sequined glory of the new suit! But I liked the episode and how they reached to the power up stage.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

KickHopper wrote:What do you mean he didn't do anything? He did a lot! He grew a ton in this episode, coming to accept that while he wears his heart on his sleeve, he's always gonna set himself up to be hurt, just as he got hurt turning into W. But once he accepted that he could turn that compassion into strength, he used that compassion, and instead of trying to force Philip to tone down his power, told him that neither of them should hold back, and did everything in his power to cope. Remember, last episode, he was trying to get Philip to come down to his level. Now, thanks to all the revelation about him and his personal growth, he did everything he could to match Philip instead.
Dude, imagine that two people are running together and one can't keep up with the other. Would the slower one magically be able to keep up when the other one started to run faster? No. Turning compassion into strenght works only in fiction. Shota always knew that he was soft, which is a weakness. But they just told him that it was ok and that he didn't need to change. This isn't development to me. It's walking in circles. Accepting who you are is important, but it doesn't make you grow if you don't try to overcome your weaknesses.

This kinda stuff is pretty common in japanese fiction, but as I wrote earlier, it was unnecessary in W. They created this Shota being weak plot just to have some conflict in their stable partnership. They could've introduced the power up without it.
KickHopper wrote:@DC: In some countries, like Germany, the W (what we call Double-U) is actually a Double-V. Heck even in the default font here it's shaped as a Double-V and not as a Double-U. If it weren't for the pronunciation of the Japanese name of the show, the correct way to do the name would probably be VV and not W/UU
In German a W has the sound of a V and the V has an F sound. The W is called Ve (as in velocity). It's not a Double-V.
Soulsnatcher64
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: Monue
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: GACKT
Quote: Tōrisugari no otaku da, oboeteoke

Post by Soulsnatcher64 »

Even so, because that Shotaro and Phillip are in it together, so Shotaro would get that build of confidence to push himself for his partner !!
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

m4rc0 wrote:
Dude, imagine that two people are running together and one can't keep up with the other. Would the slower one magically be able to keep up when the other one started to run faster? No. Turning compassion into strenght works only in fiction. Shota always knew that he was soft, which is a weakness. But they just told him that it was ok and that he didn't need to change. This isn't development to me. It's walking in circles. Accepting who you are is important, but it doesn't make you grow if you don't try to overcome your weaknesses.

This kinda stuff is pretty common in japanese fiction, but as I wrote earlier, it was unnecessary in W. They created this Shota being weak plot just to have some conflict in their stable partnership. They could've introduced the power up without it.
It's not compassion turned into strength as compared to mind over matter. In this series, it's more like Shotaro had always believed that he was good enough and didn't need to become better to match Philip. But when this episode rolled around, he realized that he had to do better, basically a wake up call. It's like saying he went from not trying hard enough to trying hard enough to kill him.

In your analogy, yes the slower guy would not be able to keep pace, but even for a few seconds if not a few minutes he would be on par with that person because he's putting way more effort than he ever has.

True they could have introduced the power-up without the whole thing but I think it gives more depth to W's existence. As said by Philip, "W isn't a war machine.". Beyond a growth in power, they wanted to show a growth in W as a being.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
DarkProject
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Fast like the wind,
Silent like a forest,
Intrusive like the fire,
Immobile like a mountain.
-Takeda Shingen

Post by DarkProject »

The fact that they use both bodies and minds makes me think that Sho could access the Planet Bookshelves himself, if needed. I really feel like Extreme brought him up to Phillip's level, so that we can forget about the lack of power before. The extra body seems to make a W Maximum work okay, and with the addition of the Extreme Memory, I can easily buy a 4x Maximum.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Am I the only one who find the totally soaked Terui somewhat hot, but the song "Nobody's Perfect" to be completely, normally manly?

And I'm a guy. So far.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider W”