KRW 32 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KRW 32 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm glad that I don't watch everything thinking, "This is gay" because I never thought of that when I was watching it. Thinking of that song is a bit gay says more about yourselves than the show itself.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

^That's true.

@D-boy. Your White Stripe theory is interesting and somehow answers that illusion :) . If we look however to the SHF toy of Extreme, it seems the tv prop or the stunt actor were just on steroids.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

It's really more the size of the prism/white stripe in the suit then just the white itself. Add in the silver/metal bars that was original the center of W you have what D-boy was referring to; a dominance of a light colors surrounded by darker colors. If they had just made the prism area a bit thinner, it probably wouldn't look as big as it does. It looks unbalance cause most peoples eye's will group the silver with the prism rather then the darker green or black. Also if you look closer, the chest padding pieces in X form is much bigger then the W form. Adding to the bulker look. Almost like a umpires vest in a sense.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I really didn't find anything wrong with "Nobody's Perfect". In fact, I thought that it fit the scene very well.

As for CJX, I actually like it. I think everyone thinks that it looks fat simply because W's design is rather sleek and slimming. Everyone's used to that. Once we see it more often, we'll get used to it.
D-boy
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Faiz/W/000/HCPrecure
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Decade
My boom: Riders in general
Quote: Real Men watch HeartCatch! Precure, Open My Heart!
Location: not all here, and not all there... sometimes you'll find me somewhere else.

Post by D-boy »

monritche wrote:^That's true.

@D-boy. Your White Stripe theory is interesting and somehow answers that illusion :) . If we look however to the SHF toy of Extreme, it seems the tv prop or the stunt actor were just on steroids.
Actually, that is also easily answered: The S.H.Figuarts series of Kamen Rider figures are actually all much thinner then the suit actors by default.
TG23 wrote:It's really more the size of the prism/white stripe in the suit then just the white itself. Add in the silver/metal bars that was original the center of W you have what D-boy was referring to; a dominance of a light colors surrounded by darker colors. If they had just made the prism area a bit thinner, it probably wouldn't look as big as it does. It looks unbalance cause most peoples eye's will group the silver with the prism rather then the darker green or black. Also if you look closer, the chest padding pieces in X form is much bigger then the W form. Adding to the bulker look. Almost like a umpires vest in a sense.
True, was thinking about that line thickness point before I finally crashed, just didn't get to typing it. Yeah, the chest pieces do look a touch bigger, but the 'bulk' of the problem is in the waist, which in actuality has no new thickness. maybe if they bottle-necked the white stripe (which apparently is called the 'crystal server') in the waist. The fact that the extreme memory takes up a lot more space across w's belt then the doubledriver did (and that was already quite hefty) doesn't help the 'fat' look at all.

Speaking of the 'Crystal Server' stripe, everyone who has been wondering the reasoning for the 'prism' memory is going about the thought process backwards: Rather then figuring what colors of light make white, realize that a prism is what we use to see the different wavelengths of visible light. White light goes in, rainbow comes out. Or another way to look at it is when you look through a prism at something and can see the different colors around things.

There is a lot more to the prism thing from a science perspective that I could go on about, but frankly I'm not that savvy on the history or terminology to fully explain why the 'prism' memory is perfect for the CJX form, but suffice it to say, I'm convinced.

Now, the 'Bicker'... er... right.
Shoutaro: "Are you dense? Are you retarded? I'm the God Damned Kamen Rider!!!"
-Kamen Rider W, as written by Frank Miller
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

Actually if you look at after they un-henshin, notice the difference in body structure when Shotaro and Philip step out of cyclone joker EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!! cyclone joker EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME is a bit wider as opposed to the normal W's closer build. At least that's what I can gather despite the editing.

Now the song, the song just made me lol real hard. The message of Nobody's perfect and the arrangement were truly manly and heartfelt. It's just... really the clips shown in the montage that did me in. Two guys on a motorcycle in a path of autumn trees, that's something I can imagine straight out of a shoujo manga(sorry my cousin is a yaoi buff). The other scenes with Terui getting the crap kicked out of him just made me laugh, specially the faces he made to go along with them.

Finally, I know I might earn myself another ban for talking about unreleased fodder stuff but! I srsly need to get this out in the open.

Will CycloneJoker EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!! have his own theme song?

P.S. All hail Ryubei and his pseudo-meme making powers
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
D-boy
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Faiz/W/000/HCPrecure
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Decade
My boom: Riders in general
Quote: Real Men watch HeartCatch! Precure, Open My Heart!
Location: not all here, and not all there... sometimes you'll find me somewhere else.

Post by D-boy »

If it's the same suit actor, then the mid-section of CJX is the same as CJ. There is no new armor there, just colored spandex. (do remember when comparing the character actors to their suited selves that it's a different guy in the suit, thus there will be a difference in body build.)
Shoutaro: "Are you dense? Are you retarded? I'm the God Damned Kamen Rider!!!"
-Kamen Rider W, as written by Frank Miller
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

I took into account the possibility of a different suit actor but regular W suit has a closer body build to the actors while CJX is a bit wider. What I'm saying is just maybe CJX's wideness isn't only an optical illusion but actual measurement. Not just the extra shoulder armor but the whole thing.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The suit actor credits are listed with the roles, but I see Takaiwa Seiji and Eitoku as the two big ones. The thing is, it's probably Takaiwa Seiji in both W suits since there's no reason for someone else to be in the Xtreme suit
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Unless they WANTED CJ Xtreme to be bigger. But Takaiwa's got more experience with the personality, so I'm assuming it's still him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Just overlaying the pictures of W from the Asahi page, it's pretty obvious that it's the same suit actor underneath. Xtreme might be the tiniest bit wider, but the proportions are exactly the same
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

^So perhaps the optical illusion is really the best explanation left.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

fang joker looks better as an ultimate form than this
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

The song wasn't gay, the way he jumps a bit when he slashes is what's gay...
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

kokowaks wrote:fang joker looks better as an ultimate form than this
I disagree. It only minorly tweaked W's physical appearance, ultimate forms are supposed to give complete overhauls.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”