KRW 32 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KRW 32 released

Post by takenoko »

Spoiler
You know how they say vertical stripes makes people look fat, but you never understood that because you're a dude? Well, W looks fat to me now

Also... RyuKenDo wants his sword/shield thing back
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KRW 32 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yeah but Ryukendo doesn't have a 4 key inserter though.

The whole seeing inside thing really reminded me of Climax Form in Den-O when Momotaros said that his face opened up. I like the idea of Prism being the basis of Xtreme's powers but I'm surprised that they didn't come up with a name for the Maximum Drive on the fly like they did for FangJoker. And henshin sequence of Xtreme riding the rails of Cyclone and Joker's power was awesome along with its entrance music.

I guess Belle was a beast as well which I think it's the first time that we seen a non-humanoid Dopant. Zone's power being based on Shogi was kinda of neat and Zone and Beast's combination was a really good one. I guess even Terui realizes that Shoutarou can be only Philip's partner even though he tries to cover it up that he likes being alone.

Ryuubei's Xtreme shout was awesome.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Heh, Beauty and the Beast...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Dude, what was with the mid-episode love song?

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That song was manly. You're gay
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

I foresee a 4 koma with Double running up to random people on the street and opening himself up like a flasher. :P
Sarcastic_Jamie
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ikuta Toma
Favorite Actor?: Ikuta Toma
Favorite Band: Shinee,2pm
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Glee
Quote: Life's a bitch and she has puppies.

Post by Sarcastic_Jamie »

@take Horizontal lines go across which makes people look fat. Vertical lines go down and suposed to make people look taller and thin.

But yea not liking the upgrade. The finisher looks like den-o climax and I was expecting it to have more oomph since so many memories were used.
Darren Criss is my future baby's Daddy.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You're probably right, but he still looks fatter to me

Something about the middle line pushing out the edges makes him look wider than he actually is. Overall, Xtreme Form seems like a strange design choice overall
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Hey now, everyone, chill... Yes the song was bad ass... but the fact that it was W, and the whole 'No One's Perfect' aspect gave it a bit of a yaoi vibe... Bad ass yaoi, but still...

EEEEEXXTTOOORIIIIIIIIMU!

While it's a nice looking form, and Prism is very shiny and all... Just doesn't feel all that impressive... Man though, I really can't wait for the CD with that song to come out though...
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Chariot »

So, he's Kamen Rider X, now!? No, wait, that one's taken already...

As soon as I heard the song I was reminded of that one song in God Speed Love. Looked it up, and it turns out it is the same singer, Kikkawa Koji. Awesome. Both songs are very enjoyable.

Greeeeat build up to the Henshin with the slow walking and the song playing. I like how Phillip did his chin thing (the pose he does for his Henshin into Fang Joker) and how Shoutarou put on his hat right after that as they walked.

Cyclone Joker Extreme is impressive. As always, though, the attack set up, in this case, putting the Memories into the shield, looks a little stiff. I've always thought the stiffness was a little cool, though, and I suppose it might be on purpose.

It is visually cool as well. Nice to see a Rider with a sword AND a shield, and W actually obtaining a sword. I have to say though, it feels like the changes from the basic form to the ultimate form are more distinct than the other Riders.

I was wondering who did that big "EXTREEEEEME" from last episode's preview, can't believe I didn't remember Ryubee. Anyhow, it sounds like he's a big fan.

Speaking of fans, I love Ryuu's face when he sees Cyclone Joker Extreme. "That's !@#$ing BADASS!" is written all over it. XD

And so, by the end of the episode, Shoutarou has proved himself to be a more worthy boyfriendpartner for Shroud's precious Raitou than she thought.
Last edited by Chariot on Mon May 03, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He goes from not being able to use a W maximum to being able to use for memories at the same time, twice in a row. Whats the bet that this OPness, like all other final forms is going to lessen as the series continues.

Also, usually the superfluous final form weapon is not introduced for a few episodes (Perfect Zecter, Zanvat sword), so I'm surprised it's here now. Was fully expecting an Xtreme rider kick (not of the usual Joker variety).
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by Sloth MD »

I don't know if I should pay tribute to Linkara by saying: "Because Poor Literacy is Kewl" or "EXTREEEEEME!" F*** me. D:

......But when this series first began, I thought that this was how they were going to transform into W. .... But I guess it's better if used here due to the fact that I'm guessing that fusing like that would just make them more powerful.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Catastrophe wrote:He goes from not being able to use a W maximum to being able to use for memories at the same time, twice in a row. Whats the bet that this OPness, like all other final forms is going to lessen as the series continues.
Wouldn't that also depend on Xtreme's willingness to cooperate with them?
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

So if his final attack is something along the lines of Joker Extreme, his white midsection will fly at the enemy....
I lost The Game!
Tayles
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Dreamy: Chiba Takeru
Favorite Actor?: Hamao Kyousuke
Favorite Band: abingdon boys school
My boom: Goseiger
Quote: "Run riot and be gorgeous!"

Post by Tayles »

That motorcycle ride plus love song DID look like something out of a bad BL movie (part of me wanted to flail, part of me wanted it to go away and never happen again). And here I thought once actors did toku they were safe from the BL...

I can't decide if I like the Xtreme design yet - it reminds me a lot of Ramon/Bassha from Kiva, though mostly because it appears to have GILLS. And yes, horizontal stripes are meant to be slimming but Xtreme just looks wider :/

Still, love the use of four memories at once, even if the result was holographic rainbows.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”