KRW 32 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
DarkEclips
Number 6
Number 6

Re: KRW 32 released

Post by DarkEclips »

I didnt like the extreme form. It kinda looked really ugly. Though it was pretty cool now that they can use 4 memories at one for maximum drive.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Yeah I think they went a little overboard on the silver for Xtreme form, it just doesn't mesh well with the dual color scheme of the Double suit. Loved the twist they they with Bell being the true villain, did not see that coming. I wonder if Ryubei is ignoring Saeko now after what she did Wakana, perhaps that's why Ryubei brought Wakana down to witness Xtreme, that and some ulterior motive yet to be reveled?
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Archon Divinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Pokémon

Post by Archon Divinus »

TG23 wrote:Also I still think Kiva has the best looking sword.
You mean the sword he had to wank to use at full power? I liked Kiva's swords overall, but that was a little ridiculous.
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

Oh God it's nice to hear Koji Kikkawa's song again, too bad it was played during the wrong scene... :lol:

Btw, Prism Maximum Drive was so lame, I hope it's just because of Beast's strength...
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Archon Divinus wrote:
TG23 wrote:Also I still think Kiva has the best looking sword.
You mean the sword he had to wank to use at full power? I liked Kiva's swords overall, but that was a little ridiculous.
Kiva's sword was OK, but I think Hyper Kabuto's sword is the best sword (in both looks and ability, it can even turn into a GUN!)
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

I know it's the whole reason for the motif, but the way that the X of EXTREEEEEEEEEME is composed of two V's joined by the edge (As opposed to a W, where the two V's stand side-by-side) bothers me. It makes Cyclone/Joker Extreme's helmet look like it has gills, it makes the pauldrons look too bulky and stiff, it makes the EXTREEEEEME bird-gadget-thing itself look stupid and corny.

But, I do like the concept. Double's upgrades seem to have always been, in one form or another, a heightening of synergy between Shoutarou and Phillip's individual, existing strengths. Fang was Phillip's chance to switch up the roles of the partnership while simultaneously spurring the growth of both partners, [One Rider] Twin Maximum being the most powerful reconciliation of two individual Memories in one attack. So how do you increase synergy from there without introducing a new Memory into the equation? You combine the bodies of both partners, and all the Memories they have available. Prism - a crystal which refracts or combines the colors of our soul into the light of justice!

And no, I don't think of Prism as being a new Memory - I mean, they don't have access to it until they EXTREEEEEEME. To me, it's just a Memory that enables the 4-way combination MemoryBreak.

Come to think of it, is EXTREEEEEEEEEEME even a Memory in itself? It seems like it's sole purpose is to harness all the information of the Earth at once in a form that is compatible with GaiaMemories.

[tl;dr]: EXtreme looks stupid, but the idea behind the upgrade is cool.

The song in the middle was preeeeetty homoerotic the first time I watched it. The second time, I was able to enjoy the way the lyrics mixed with the scene in a manly way.

I like how Shoutarou's able to survive a [several] story drop. Regardless of the fact that he hit water, the impact alone should have shook his bones to the point where... well, frankly, he shouldn't have been fight at all with Double using his body as the base. But as we all know, bandages heal everything, and whatever bandages don't heal, manliness does.

Come to think of it, give what we know [in series] of Narumi Soukichi, maybe he should've survived the attack based on the sheer manliness of his exit. Except it's a plot point and yadda yadda yadda. Oh well.

I have to agree that that is not the best looking sword, but... Hell, that shield is basically my OC KR's driver! Dammit Japan, stop patenting my ideas before I can myself!
The Human Search Engine:

The Code of the Gambler:
1) There is no such thing as luck; only Skill.
2) Do not play for greed; but Survival.
3) Don't play lukewarm games; fight until Death.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

@DC: In some countries, like Germany, the W (what we call Double-U) is actually a Double-V. Heck even in the default font here it's shaped as a Double-V and not as a Double-U. If it weren't for the pronunciation of the Japanese name of the show, the correct way to do the name would probably be VV and not W/UU
ImageImage
Sanare
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Go-Busters, TOQer, Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, Go-Onger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Sanare »

Oh my god! I think I get it now! Wakana was supposed to be Philip's partner! I mean, think about it. Philip has been groomed from the start to be the right half of W from birth, right? And the two had a good relationship in the past right? I mean, they had like, two episodes dedicated to fleshing it out, showing that the two had a special connection and they keep bringing it back up. And Wakana has the Clay Doll memory, which uses a lot of physical abilities and can shatter and reassemble itself. Perfect for trial and error of developing fighting styles, right?

And then there's Ryubei, how he treats her differently, how he shows her the crazy museum thing when the Xtreme memory shows up and no one else. Not to mention how long he let her just do as she pleased until it looked like Saeko wasn't going to get around to getting Philip back. And then Isaka kept saying stuff about how Wakana could utilize the memory to it's full power and all that stuff (granted, he said that about everyone so I might just be grasping here).

Hell, it could even explain why Saeko is such an ice-queen to Wakana. She probably knew that she was going to be an operator of W and became jealous or that there was a crazy side-effect to using W that might kill her or something and she didn't want to get attached.

... Or maybe I'm crazy and should talk about the actual episode. >.>

Xtreme form was meh. I like the sword and second finisher with the lights. And it was cool to see that not all memories have humanoid forms. Every time that I saw them open the compartment in the bear I kept thinking 'Why did they have to put it in the butt?' and then Akiko said 'The butt...' and I was like, 'Oh... hah'. So overall, I liked the character side of this episode a lot. Akiko having to explain why Shou was strong in a different way than what he thought he needed was great. I'm gonna miss Bito. I like him a lot. I was really hoping they'd somehow get their hands on the Snip Because he has great chemistry with the rest of the cast and could give a lot of great insight to the investigations.
Last edited by takenoko on Tue May 04, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Snip for movie spoilers
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu

Post by Zazelle »

Xtreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme!!!!

The hanshin was really good!!!! I agree with all of you though, he looks really bulky. Zone Dopant was really weird and the song mid-episode was way too gay.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Zazelle wrote: the song mid-episode was way too gay.
I don't think any of you understand what "manly moments" are because that was one of them. Two guys going to kick a Kaijin's ass in slow motion even though they know one of them could die but their trust in each other overcomes all to the tune of a slow uplifting tune that oozes manliness. That's something that you just don't see these days.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

I expected negative reviews on CycloneJokerExtreme but I didn't expect this many. Oh well, I'll just be upfront about it and proudly say I LOVE W'S NEW FORM :D !1 The design changes were simple and no extra armour plating or anything. And I love the PrismBicker. The designs were also pretty simple but practical and serves its' purpose, unlike some other<_<...(Staring at Zanvat sword and Perfect Zecter). Swords and shields don't have to be big and flashy to look cool.

I also liked how W weilds the PrismBicker. Like with Kabuto, there's no extra flashy movements, just the necessary ones to block and counter, and looked cool while doing it.

With Zone, Dopants have officially become my favourite kaijin. :D

I understand that W sometimes have some yaoi vibes but really, the scene with the song screams nothing but MANLINESS, as if the lyrics are to indicate anything else. A nice changes from all the upbeat and faster tempo songs. Great to see something from Narumi Soukichi/Koji Kikkawa. Now if you would excuse me I'm off to listen to 'One World' a few more times :wink: .

EXTREEEEEEEEME!!? :lol:
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
puddington

Post by puddington »

So... am I the only person who geeked out when XTreme memory opened up to reveal an old-school Typhoon buckle? Because that was really, really awesome.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Oh yeah, forgot how much I loved the Typhoon reference (that had to have been one)
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

KickHopper wrote:@DC: In some countries, like Germany, the W (what we call Double-U) is actually a Double-V. Heck even in the default font here it's shaped as a Double-V and not as a Double-U. If it weren't for the pronunciation of the Japanese name of the show, the correct way to do the name would probably be VV and not W/UU
Well, I didn't know the bit about W being called Double-V in Germany.

However, the point that I was trying to make was that while I understood that EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME was a transformation where the two V's, representing Shoutarou and Philip, are no longer standing side-by-side and now intersect their abilities and styles to form a truly unified character... the aeshetics of the motif kind of bother me. Especially in the manner they chose to integrate the motif into the suit.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu

Post by Zazelle »

garfield15 wrote:
Zazelle wrote: the song mid-episode was way too gay.
I don't think any of you understand what "manly moments" are because that was one of them. Two guys going to kick a Kaijin's ass in slow motion even though they know one of them could die but their trust in each other overcomes all to the tune of a slow uplifting tune that oozes manliness. That's something that you just don't see these days.
I do understand what they were trying to tell us, and I know a lot more of manly moments than you think I do. I just found the song a bit too gay but the scene with that song was amazing. I am not saying that the SCENE was gay, I said the SONG was too gay. I don't mind the Yaoi, it just makes W more fun too watch, it's that in my opinion the song was a bit overkill.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”