W 35 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: W 35 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

First, you aren't supposed to take G Gundam seriously. If you did, you weren't watching it properly.

Second, regardless if you're the forum gearhead, DrinkItDown, who knows what Shroud has in mind for Terui in doing motocross training? So just sit back and wait for Carmen... Shroud has in store for the revenge-driven Terui.
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

Of course I didn't take it seriously, its the Dragonball Z of the Gundam franchise. I just don't like gaping plotholes.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's been a while since I saw that arc, but weren't they doing crazy stuff like destroying giant boulders and stuff? Anyway, since their power level is based on their emotions, simply having an epiphany or something that changes the character's perspective of the world can make them more powerful.

Best answer: G Gundam does whatever it wants. Shining Gundam busting out of the Statue of Liberty? Stuff happens just because it looks cool
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

G Gundam is a Martial Arts flick only with giant robots, of course there is going to be a 'Cut the Waterfall' trial for the main character, how that makes it a 'terrible arc' is beyond me.

The fact that motocross is somehow involved in Accel's upcoming training, while surprising, makes sense to me since well... You know... The whole turning into a motorcycle thing. I dunno how to explain it but it just feels like it fits well together.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

So suddenly the Doc got a boost in badassness to the point of "You guys cannot beat me yet". His "tests" certainly show how twisted he is when revealed.

As for Ryubee forgetting Isaka, there is a thing about forgetting a random guy in business suit that you didn't even know the name after 10 years.

So Mick is back in action after all these times of no screenplays. Smart of him to sneak in to hear about the couple's conspiracy.

Certainly anticipate for what to come in next episode. It's a great cliffhanger.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

looks like miku was able to see "more" info in his stake out... damn lucky cat....
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

Something makes me think that Mikku is smarter than he looks.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
prophetcrw
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Anberlin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: 'itsumo anata no soba ni iru'

Post by prophetcrw »

Guardian07 wrote:W arcs so far...

Spoiler
W lookup
Don't lay a finger on the M
Girl A
C lookup
S for shudder
V is for vengeance
Q for the radio
F's afterglow
Farewell N
I can't be stopped
Return of T
L on the Lips
A game of P
I saw a D
H nightmare
The wind summons B
The tragedy of Y
The end of R

Assuming it's A-Z, we're left with E, G, J, K, O, U, X, Z.

One classic Kamen Rider training session, coming right up :D :D :D !! It's great that they're doing something like that after so long.

I must say, Saeko's character development is one of my favourites in the series. She's still very dominant and aggressive, and doesn't take shit from anyone, but when it comes to Isaka she's as tame as a kitten. The fact that Isaka managed to tame her adds to his badassery. Really, you don't see something like in tv often. Kinda sends the message that guys must step up their game if they don't want a woman stepping on them and controlling them.
is it sad that i just realized that 26 (letters in the alphabet) x 2 (episodes per arc) = 52 (weeks in a year/potential for perfect weekly episode count?)

wow... i dunno if its a math fail or a failure to speculate on Season length with W.

as per the episode, it was a pretty intense one.

First time we saw a 'test' version of a GaiaMemory (?) (correct me if im wrong)

Biggest Dopant we've seen in a while... Ever if you just consider W. Nice to see that despite the monster size and a purely CGI battle that it never once got 'fake' looking or lost that sense of suspension of reality too much.

Good for you but don't mention it again.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiling the preview
MagnaRyu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Ryuki,Blade,Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo,KS7
Favorite Actor?: Matsuda Satoshi
Favorite Band: AnCafe,Gackt,ViDoll
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: All Things Japanese
Quote: Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986

Post by MagnaRyu »

Cheetah wrote:
MagnaRyu wrote:that old Master's of the Universe movie from the 80's (you all know what I am talking about, but prolly don't want to admit you watched it).

Hey I liked Master's of the Universe! It was a very enjoyable movie. I own it and am proud of it.
As do I Cheetah, as do I. Only because when i was younger I thought the chick playing Teela was fricking hot as hell. Especially in that outfit. :D Oh and the chick playing Evil-Lyn has always been hot to me as well I think its due to her eyes, very unique eyes.
I'm A Gackt Fan And I'm Male. Got A Problem With That?

Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986
MagnaRyu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Ryuki,Blade,Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo,KS7
Favorite Actor?: Matsuda Satoshi
Favorite Band: AnCafe,Gackt,ViDoll
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: All Things Japanese
Quote: Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986

Post by MagnaRyu »

Leonite Rider wrote:Something makes me think that Mikku is smarter than he looks.
Mikku has probably gained intelligence from the Samilodon Memory that Papa Sonozaki has used on him. I mean who knows what a Memory does to a pet or any other animal after repeated use (barring any manipulation from Isaka)
I'm A Gackt Fan And I'm Male. Got A Problem With That?

Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

m4rc0 wrote:I'd like to know how quetzalcoatlus memory can beat terror... Doesn't make much sense to me.
Isaka's plan has always been to maximize the power of a given GaiaMemory by using super-compatible people as guinea pigs/battery chargers (whichever is the more appropriate analogy... battery pigs?), then swoop in and reclaim the Memory and plug it into himself to add to his overall power. Because apparently being a doctor allows him to do that.

tl;dr, the original plan was sommut like:
(Weather + max|Invisible + max|Quetzalcoatlus + max|??? + etc., etc., ...) > Terror

Now I'm imagining a giant invisible Zapdos. I blame Isaka.
The Human Search Engine:

The Code of the Gambler:
1) There is no such thing as luck; only Skill.
2) Do not play for greed; but Survival.
3) Don't play lukewarm games; fight until Death.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

so now there going into gods for gaia memories who's next thor? just who is that mysterious shroud hope we find out soon and what plans does she have for ryuu with that motocross
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

(I personally thought that Guyana Highlands thing ran a little too long but the payoff, that being the fight at the end of it, was awesome).

-So does Ryubee just go around killing people for no reason? Well, that's one way to get exercise why does he look the same as 10 years ago?

-I love Gunner A and his little wave. I notice that the vehicles have seriously taken more of a spotlight as opposed to other seasons when they would like dissapear after a few episodes.

-"Where in the world is...SHUROUDO!" :lol:

(OT but kinda relevant news: Riku Sanjo, the head writer for KR W, will be the series composer for Digimon Xros Wars :mrgreen: )
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Loved the bonus tacked onto the end. The song fit in perfectly, and I loved Shroud's response. I'm glad I didn't pop over to the forums before I watched the episode so I got the full effect of the surprise.

I think I need to watch Wall-E. The Gunner waving to W was pretty adorable and it really does resemble Wall-E superficially, particularly in the eyes.

Since this isn't the first time we've seen Mikku spying on Saeko and Isaka during a private moment, I doubt he's heard of the expression "curiosity killed the cat". I'm sure it'll end up meaning something.

I don't often post in the Kamen Rider threads, but I'm really enjoying this series - much more than I thought when the first previews were released last summer. I have to admit that the motocross bit at the end of the episode has me a little skeptical about how it's relevant, but this show has made some weird concepts work. I have faith that it'll come together.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Yeah actually the motocross thing makes perfect sense as far as I'm concerned. He turns into a motorcycle so the test seems like it would be something that could improve him.

Oh and yeah this is absolutely the whole "Protecting someone is stronger than feelings of revenge" trope about to happen, which is good because that's kind of a staple of most toku it seems.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”