Decade/W Movie: Great Rider War 2010

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Darien_Shields
7X

Re: Decade/W Movie: Great Rider War 2010

Post by Darien_Shields »

Also, did anyone notice the names of the GaiaMemory on the screen when Shoutarou follows Philip?

Hell, Lightning, Pyramid and Star[/spoiler]

I dunno if we'll see them in the series now (or maybe the second movie?), but some of them certainly sound interesting...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Darien_Shields wrote:"Decade has no story" seems to sum it up for me. At the end of the day I can't tell what his journey was about, why he was doing it
I don't know about that, the reason is so simple that it might sound silly to even mention it. Decade was entirely about revisiting the last ten years of Kamen Rider and giving them a new life. Since Kamen Rider stories are about conflict and battle, it's only natural that doing this involves someone coming in and being an antagonist for them

The story is pretty meta, and even breaks the fourth wall with Wataru and the explanation, but I feel like it's only confusing to people that want to overthink it. It'd be nice if it made more sense, but in the end it's just kind of what it is, whether people enjoy that or not
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Decade's pretty much a revisit of the past Heisei riders; it is an anniversary production after all. No surprises as to the lack of its own story.

Well, and like what some have mentioned, W's story would be even better if Skull's Lost Driver was given more explanation as to how it landed in the Boss' hands... And of course, Fang could have been better explained as well. Other than how Philip didn't speak a single word and just went all angsty in FangJoker form, there isn't really much showing that it's an 'out-of-control' memory. Is there a DC coming out? Maybe it'd explain more.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Well, and like what some have mentioned, W's story would be even better if Skull's Lost Driver was given more explanation as to how it landed in the Boss' hands... And of course, Fang could have been better explained as well.

I still feel like this kind of thing is probably left out for a plot reason. It's just kind of okay for the viewer to have an imperfect knowledge of a situation as long as it's explained at a later point. I mean, we don't even know where W's belt came from our how the Sonozaki got Raito and created the GaiaMemories

I'm not saying that these things will be well explained later on, but it's just alright for it to be a mystery until it's officially revealed. I think we all have our theories on how this all came about and who is responsible for most of this, right?
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

So... I'm still confused how natsume's dream ties to the beginning of the movie. The revised ending and the original ending still doesn't seem to add up. What happened to Natsume's dress? I thought all the riders blew up in the 'dream' or what not.

Also, anyone else notice how Decade seems to be way stronger in the movies compared to any of the tv show? I'd rank decade to be the weakest out of all the Riders in his normal form based only off the tv show.

Still enjoy this movie pretty well. So, was Natsume's grandpa was under the gaiamemory last movie as well?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

To be honest, while I'm not that happy with the movies based on what I was hoping for from the original Decade ending and the trailer after that, once I put that aside it is a fairly nice movie all the same. Also the transitions between the three movies, using the same effect they used for the end of the shows as well I thought was a very nice touch... And the end was a nice little teaser from when it came out in theaters I imagine.

Spoiler
I really rather liked how the two plots/worlds merged together just from them driving along, one chasing the other being chased and than suddenly. "...Hey what are you doing here?" So that does leave me wondering... Does that mean the roads outside of Fuuto lead to Decade's world? Or just it's become the focal point of every generic gravel pit fight scene used in every Kamen Rider series? XP

Spoiler
... I am really starting to think Decade's world and W's worlds are the exact same... The ramen cart, the old gramps Gaia Memory... The freakin cart! ... Still it's a pity we couldn't see more of Skull... Which just leaves me wondering if Shroud gave him that stuff like she seems to enjoy doing XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

Ryuubei and Natsumi's grampa are old friends huh? Thats cool.

I reckon that while Decade was fighting Doras, they stumbled through one of the Grey Wall things into W's world, which would explain how that got there.

As for the client in Begins Night... is it really that hard to figure out? Who would know about Philip, the Gaia Memories and have access to drivers that isn't one of the villians of the movie?

SHROUD

Also, why isn't anyone gushing about the fact that Nazca appeared, I demand more gushing!

With the movies, I just generally liked them. I am also going to say I told you so about All Riders being cannon, but it's a minor thing. At least we know why Shoutaro hasn't gotten much development lately, it was given to him in the movie.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it's only one world per year of the franchise
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Hearing "Final Attack Ride: D-D-D-Decade!" normally evokes "W00T! Bad guy ass kicking time!", but to hear that while he's chasing down Skyrider falls under "Oh Crap" and "Nightmare Fuel". Yikes. :shock:

And :lol: on Momo/Den-O jumping onto Doras' back. Momo still hasn't changed!
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

So that's how ends Decade's story Err..
I mean So that's how Decade ends. That was too...
Tsukasa Chronicles. XDDDD

Spoiler
Kamen Rider Kivara was Chou Kawaii. ^_^ and Kamen Rider Skull is Cool or should I say Hard Boild. :lol:

This is my kind of movie I enjoy it a lot, thanks for subtitled this.

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina

Post by Chariot »

I loved it.

I loved Final Chapter. And I can't believe how I'm only now realizing the significance of photography in there series. The battles were great. And, uh... Decade's great! I loved Final Chapter. >_>

I loved Begins Night. Honestly, I just love the W series' story. The fact that the movie ties in with the series is cool. I also like how there's some mystery introduced in the movie as well. I mean, usually, it's just the series saying "go watch the movie" (or something), but here, the movie encourages people to keep watching the series. It introduces the question of what Fang is, why Narumi Soukichi was entitled to be in possession of the Kamen Rider Drivers, and who is the one who hired him. The answer to the latter is obvious to most of us now, or at least it seems so, but it's just a neat tie-in to the show.

I wanted Akiko to have a bigger part though.

Hm... so in an alternate universe, Narumi Soukichi is mainly Kamen Rider Skull? Does that mean he's the lead? Why couldn't Decade go to that world? I bet it's pretty hardboiled.

One thing though. I think maybe W's movie was TOO good. It really overshadows Decade's Final Chapter, and I feel like that should have been the bigger thing. It's a finale, for goodness' sake.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

takenoko wrote: I don't know about that, the reason is so simple that it might sound silly to even mention it. Decade was entirely about revisiting the last ten years of Kamen Rider and giving them a new life. Since Kamen Rider stories are about conflict and battle, it's only natural that doing this involves someone coming in and being an antagonist for them

The story is pretty meta, and even breaks the fourth wall with Wataru and the explanation, but I feel like it's only confusing to people that want to overthink it. It'd be nice if it made more sense, but in the end it's just kind of what it is, whether people enjoy that or not
I think you're confusing an obvious story for something you construed to justify the show's existence. A construection which isn't really supported by what was said or done in the actual show (okay, I won't see this movie 'till I get back from work, but I doubt it changes everything). As a premise, sure, you can say it was about old toy designs coming back from the grave. But until they outright say so, that doesn't make it the supposed plot of the show.
tennomichi
Salami Commander
Favorite series: deka,shinken,bouken
2nd Favorite Series: KR 電王,W,DCD
Dreamy: 矢島舞身、鈴木愛理、中島早貴
Favorite Actor?: yama-p
Favorite Band: MIWA,℃-ute,Buono!
My boom: This forum and fb
Quote: 東洋の魔女?ー鈴木&梅田

Post by tennomichi »

takenoko wrote:I knew Sawai Miyu (Usagi from PGSM) was in the movie, but I didn't know who she was until I looked it up. Can you spot her? Can you also find Kikkawa Kouji, singer for God Speed Love's ending song?
i couldn't recognize her... what part was she in? i don't really know who kikkawa kouji is... so i'll leave it as it is

Decade:

I didn't really enjoy the this part but the kivara henshin, Awesome that's all i can say. I knew Narutaki was evil and it should be more like "ONORE NARUTAKI"

great to see bad pun again (ika de biru) and i can't believe it was actually a gaia memory

the denpa lady and wasp lady's suit... quite tacky

W:

this should have been an episode (at least i thought it should be). i really enjoyed it and wished there was more to it. by the way who is the guest star?

the lost driver is not as great as the W driver but hey, skull is pretty awesome.

nice to see nazca again really missed that guy :cry:

Great war 2010:

the beginning was very awesome how you have to shift your eyes left and right to see what is going on.

it was awesome how W hijacked the elephant thingymabob (by the way how did they get lazer thing off the head thing?)

the ending was unexpected where they show Accel at the end
オレは天の道を行き全てを司る男
i think i learned my lesson
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

Decade's part was not what I was expecting, but it was still alright. Did Takayuki Tsubaki voice Blade in this movie? If so, I like it slightly more now. Double's part was pretty good though, and had a lot of scenes that I liked:

Spoiler
Skull saying, "TOH!"
The scene where Jinno apparently knows that Shotaro is Kamen Rider.
Ryubee and Eijiro getting drunk. XD
Philip not saying his name to Sokichi, which makes me think that Raito is more a designation from his family than what he considers an actual name.
"Your sin is making a decision on your own... My sin is living a life without making decisions."
NeonZ
Adventure

Post by NeonZ »

Colonel Zol looks a little like Hitler. Was that intentional?
Original Shocker had Nazi ties, and Narutaki's Zol outfit is almost identical to the original Zol's.
I also kind of wonder where all the other Riders went halfway through the fight. Eh maybe it gets explained in the DC.
They're all seemingly defeated at 1:19:50 (look at the background). That scene really annoyed me.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”