Decade/W Movie: Great Rider War 2010

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Archon Divinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Pokémon

Re: Decade/W Movie: Great Rider War 2010

Post by Archon Divinus »

I was really happy with this movie. The Decade stuff didn't seem to quite line up with the series or All Riders (not that All Riders quite lined up with the series either) but it was enjoyable, and had an pretty good ending, even if they had to go meta-fiction to make it work. Begins Night was much more coherent, and although I was hoping for more stuff from the first night it was still very solid. And then of course the Rider Great War, which was fun, mindless action.

Some thoughts:
Electro Wave Human Tackle: I was so happy to see Tackle. She's one of my favourite characters in KR, and to see her updated was nice. I like her story here, and how she's kind of became a Rider guardian angel.

Fuuto Irregulars: I liked seeing them as a group, and seeing them so close to the detective agency. I hope in the series we'll get more scenes like that.

Narutaki: Still don't know who he is, but with Decade taking a turn for the meta-fictional, maybe we can accept as true the theory that he's a personification of whiny internet fanboys, kind of like the KR universes own Superboy Prime.

Neo-Organism/Doras: I have a soft spot in my heart for the 90's Riders, even though Shin Kamen Rider: Prologue was the worst movie I've ever seen, and after I watched it I got drunk and can't remember anything about ZO. I love J though. Anyway, ZO providing the villain instead of X as happened in the rest of the series was cool.

Kamen Rider Skull: Probably the best Rider based of Skullman. The fedora was an awesome touch, and I don't care that we don't know his origin. I'll just assume it was Shroud.

Anyway, I was pretty satisfied with the movie over all, and now that I've seen it I can go back and rewatch Decade, like I've been planning to do ever sine it ended.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

DrinkItDown wrote: Because AU Skull didn't know who Shoutarou or Philip were.
As we've seen in Decade, the people who become Riders aren't always the same in every universe. The alternate Soukichi could have come from a universe where two people other than Shoutarou and Philip became W. Or it could be that Shoutarou and Philip are W, but he hasn't met them or doesn't know their identities just yet.

Since we know next to nothing about the universe where the alternate Soukichi came from, we can come up with several explanations concerning whether W does or doesn't exist in that universe.
Ryousha
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Kiva, Kamen Ride: Emperor"

Post by Ryousha »

Can Kuuga access Rising Ultimate or does he need the assistance of the K-Touch?
Unrefined-Nemesis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Series
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Unrefined-Nemesis »

So we've been watching AU Kamen Rider W for the entire time and somewhere there is actually the real W ? Oh NOES DECADE ! you made me confuse ! D=
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

Ryousha wrote:Can Kuuga access Rising Ultimate or does he need the assistance of the K-Touch?
I would assume he can use it himself, but the K-Touch forced it upon him, like it did every other rider. Like some sort of twisted henshin rape.

Oh and I forgot to mention, when Daiki flicked open DienDriver like he did at the end of the first part, that was badass.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Unrefined-Nemesis wrote:So we've been watching AU Kamen Rider W for the entire time and somewhere there is actually the real W ? Oh NOES DECADE ! you made me confuse ! D=
While that is the most confusing thought ever, I'm pretty sure that the ones in the series are OU simply because they're from a series.
Archon Divinus wrote: Narutaki: Still don't know who he is, but with Decade taking a turn for the meta-fictional, maybe we can accept as true the theory that he's a personification of whiny internet fanboys, kind of like the KR universes own Superboy Prime.
I like this theory. It's funny to me.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

[kuronogantzryu] wrote:
Skiks wrote:And we finally understand why he changes into Shinigami Hakase without a will of his own.
Really? It seems that both times he was forced to change into Shinigami, he was normal beforehand and never once did he or anyone else pull out a Hakase GaiaMemory and jam it into his body.
Nope but he was forced through trigger items or words in this case Beer and Squid. The memory itself is probably like invisible. Dormant and uncontrollable. He's basically a Sleeper Dopant.
NeonZ
Adventure

Post by NeonZ »

Did Takayuki Tsubaki voice Blade in this movie?
I've just checked it, and yes, he did. Blade is listed twice in the credits. Kazuma (Blade) and just "Blade". 椿隆之 is listed for "Blade". Kind of weird that they got a returning actor for what amounted to a single word and a yell. I wonder if a probable future DC will add more lines for the original Blade...
Kaiehc
Gao

Post by Kaiehc »

I watched the movie for the first time in Tokyo over winter break and snagged the movie exclusive Gambaride card. The theater was packed and I was surprised that kids and their parents only made up half the audience. Begins Night was definitely a much better movie than Final Chapter, but both were enjoyable. I feel that the whole "Decade has no story" line was just thrown in because even the production team realized that there was no way they could make any sense out of Decade's overall plot, especially when you factor in characters like Narutaki. Was really disappointed with the Heisei rider Ultimate form scene because it lasted for what seemed like 10 seconds.

Just wanted to point out a few things:

Blade and Faiz don't transform into their final forms at the end. Faiz calls in the Jetslinger and Blade uses Fusion Jack.
Apparently Takumi completely forgot about Tsukasa.
Final Chapter proves once again that the best way to take out any rider is to break the belt.

Also I have no idea wtf they were thinking when they shot this sequence:
Spoiler

It's obviously supposed to have been a close up shot from the waist up so that the audience would assume that Tsukasa already had his belt on, and assume that he's taking the card out of the booker and putting into the Decade Driver. But from that crazy shot we clearly see that he takes the card out of his hand and throws it..onto the floor.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by rizefall »

Kaiehc wrote:I watched the movie for the first time in Tokyo over winter break and snagged the movie exclusive Gambaride card. The theater was packed and I was surprised that kids and their parents only made up half the audience. Begins Night was definitely a much better movie than Final Chapter, but both were enjoyable. I feel that the whole "Decade has no story" line was just thrown in because even the production team realized that there was no way they could make any sense out of Decade's overall plot, especially when you factor in characters like Narutaki. Was really disappointed with the Heisei rider Ultimate form scene because it lasted for what seemed like 10 seconds.

Just wanted to point out a few things:

Blade and Faiz don't transform into their final forms at the end. Faiz calls in the Jetslinger and Blade uses Fusion Jack.
Final Chapter proves once again that the best way to take out any rider is to break the belt.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

It's obviously supposed to have been a close up shot from the waist up so that the audience would assume that Tsukasa already had his belt on, and assume that he's taking the card out of the booker and putting into the Decade Driver. But from that crazy shot we clearly see that he takes the card out of his hand and throws it..onto the floor.

HAHAHAHA!

I just gotta watch this movie right away. I haven't noticed it was out O.O
"Lady Luck is smilin"
NeonZ
Adventure

Post by NeonZ »

A Takumi/Tsukasa moment from the series was among the ones shown while Tsukasa's body became fully visible, so he did remember him, even if there wasn't a scene showing the camera spinning around him (same for Momotaros).
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Kaiehc wrote:ce again that the best way to take out any rider is to break the belt.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

I noticed that too. It's like did they forget that Tsukasa was, in fact, not actually wearing the belt?

I'll seriously be disappointed if that's not fixed for the DC.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Kamen Rider Decade: The Conclusion

I think it was a fitting end for Decade discovering he doesn't have a story to being with since the series started. I like Kivaara's suit design it so cute and well design with the purple and white color scheme it was so Kawaii!. Tsukasa's death scene was fitting to the movie because all he knew was to fight to get answers and see how he would act towards the Riders. It's not as big as All Riders but it was a awesome movie nonetheless with its usual Rider Kick action and very moving musical score.

Kamen Rider W: Begins' Night

Begins' Night was a edgier film for W since it revealed the tragedy of Shoutarou's mentor and his first transformation as Double. It adds mystery and kind of noir feel to it like a detective's story. Kamen Rider Skull was so frickin' cool the way he kick that Masquerade in the air and doing sort of Michael Jackson spin was kinda awesome. Shoutarou has to atone for his sins for listening his mentor's orders but at the same time he wants to able to solve people's situations as well. Then again this was a fantastic movie and that's why I enjoy W in the first place.

Great Rider War 2010

An awesome non-stop end for Decade and the beginning for W. The final battle was mad epic and having Decade using Final Form on the Heisei riders was funny and cool at the same time. Also having split up Phillip and Shoutarou to become Cyclone/Cyclone and Joker/Joker was hilarious.

Overall this is one of better Rider movies I have seen in awhile.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Last story + rider war

I found it pretty entertaining. I guess I wasn't expecting much and what was shown was ok. Sure, they didn't explain a single loose end and the movie itself had some plot holes, like how did Tackle ressurect.

They could've used an AU tackle, for instance. They wanted to make her a kindred soul for Tsukasa, but the way they did it was just random. No story on how they met also got in the way.

I'm not sure if I should consider All Riders vs Dai Shocker canon, since W and Decade knew each other. If I do, the loose ends about Tsukasa's and Decade's belt origins were solved, but then we'll have a lot of continuity problems...

I really liked that plot about Decade having no story of his own and then his friends making his story be the story about his travels. I liked it so much that I'd have used it to solve the problem of the collapsing worls, instead of doing that not so good plot about decade killing riders and dying to save the worlds, because it was like his travels didn't serve a purpose.

I'd use the fact that Decade's story is the storyof his travels to make the universes stop colliding, because they would be in fact connected through Decade's story, which would be the story that keeps the stories together. Decade then would be the protector of the riders' legends. I think that would be a satisfying solution that would give his travels some value.

Ei-chan with a Gaia Memory was unnecessary. They could've found a better explanation to that. And I think that people in W's world would've noticed several Kamen Riders fighting and a giant space ship...

Kamen Rider Kivala was cool. The laughing pressure point attack as priceless.

I didn't understand the purple thing in decade's helmet (or should say mask?)...

The battles were entertaining and, for my surprise, Kaitou had an important and consistent role...

begin's night + rider war:

People have been mentioning that the movie didn't explain the plot holes, but I think the movie was just to show the begin's night, not to fill the holes in the series. In fact, they created a hole just to make a movie to fill it. If you notice, they didn't have any of the gadgets and their memories when they left the tower either. Shroud probably gave them their toys. Including the bike and the Revolgarry.

Did you see Jirou-san acting withou a suit? And did you guys see the shot they did of Saeko's legs and butt? :lol:

Speaking of Saeko, it's good to see her as she was before they ruined her. Wakana too. We had the initial Wakana instead of this confused and submissive Wakana we have now. And also, Kirihiko. We all miss him.

It had all the good points of W's beginning: Akiko being goofy, the Fuuto regulars, Shota being naive and Phil being... Phil. We even had a plot twist with Dummy.

But the biggest surprise was Narumi Soukichi/KR Skull. The guy is cool and badass. If only they did main Heisei riders like that...

Cyclone-Cyclone and Joker-Joker were very cool. The other cool thing was hardmammother. It was a bit random, but it worked. And using heat with it was very nice.

Overall, one of the best, if not the best rider movie IMO.
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

"Decade has no story." Heh. Couldn't stop laughing at this line tbh.
Never liked Wataru, and him dissin' the pink magenta wearing badass does not help.
Speaking of which, Decade's Kiva also had IXA/Saga ? I wonder why they didn't show them when Decade was there in the series.
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”